Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

He's stolen the fire chief's hat!

bring back old gbs posted:

ohhhhhhhh yeah I forgot about Damien.

I know it happened with an army of lawyers outlining very precise rules, but I cant stop picturing the writers room going "Okok that was a long
meeting, refresh my memory but did any of the WB people specifically say how many Robins we could put in this show?? They forgot to give us a hard "1" right?"

Why do they do this? It's their show, streaming on their channel. Why in the hell can't they use whatever characters they want? It's so stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

bring back old gbs posted:

Legacy DC baggage. They have a different set of people who do their TV stuff and Movie stuff and there is history of entire teams of villains being introduced on the CW shows, then the producers get mandates to kill them all off because the film side decided they wanted to make a movie featuring a few of those characters. Like comic books fans wouldn't be able to handle two different actors portraying characters.

But yeah this is their own thing on their own service and they've already got two Robins running around AND blurry background Bruce Wayne. The big CW crossover event this year also has TV Batwoman making her first appearance so it looks like DC finally read the room and is giving their TV shows more freedom with the bigger characters.

I sincerely hope so. They're idiots if they don't think TV viewers can handle three different Batmen (Batmans...?) running around. I mean, okay, a lot of viewers absolutely would be confused by that because people are dumb that way, but we can handle three separate lines of comics featuring different versions of the same characters - we can handle this.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

I want a cool shadowy Batman TV show so they can use comic book shenanigans to have a crossover with Adam West Batman, who, as has already been explained, is the only real Batman.

Why can we have a million Superman shows and no Batman shows, this sucks. Especially since Titans seems to be setting up Batman as exactly the right level of hosed up.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

I did love Jason acknowledging that Robin's bright clothes + lack of protective headgear = drawing fire away from Batman.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Darko posted:

We have a Batman show, really, and its actually good and wacky. Too bad its ending.

Is it? I've tried twice and given up twice. When did it get better?

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Tiggum posted:

This latest episode wasn't bad. It would have been much better if it had come earlier on though so we'd have had some reason to give a poo poo about Dick's past before now, and it's not a great sign that the first good episode was missing three quarters of the main cast and had basically nothing to do with the ongoing plot.

So far this show has really been "spinoff introductions: the show" and as long as they calm down about that and give me more fight scenes like Jason v cops, I have absolutely no problem with it.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Okay, but what if I hate the dude that plays Jim Gordon and every scene with him in it is a trial?

... You're all pretty convincing though. Maybe I'll pick it up again in season three and try to ignore that all Batman's villains are going to be fifty by the time he starts beating the crap out of them.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

The Lord Bude posted:

So to get back on track to the actual show that this thread is for; This week's episode was excellent; This show loving rules; and Brenton Thwaites has a freakish resemblance to Grant Gustin if you ask me. If I didn't know he was an Aussie I'd have been convinced he and Gustin were related.

Oh, that's who he reminds me of! I didn't know he was an Aussie. Is Anna Diop British? She had an accent going on at one point.

I do super like this show, even though this episode could have been prevented with the words "recon will apparently take about ten minutes".

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Maybe it was just weirdly delivered. She's awesome.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Having finally caught up with the show after having to save two episodes for Reasons, I am very curious about why the writers thought I would want an entire episode devoted to boring backstory for two characters I have no interest in, who aren't even Titans.

Come on. Just why. It was worse than the Daredevil S3 ep that was 60% about Karen's boring backstory. Don't interrupt what little story you have going on for nonsense like this!

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

I thought it was the second best episode.

Urgh why. I'll admit I've disliked the Dove actress for ages but this episode belongs in the pilot of their series, which I will never watch, not interrupting a show I was actually enjoying.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Yeah, I didn't like the finale. It was disappointing and pretty obviously not originally intended to be a finale. I did like the post credits scene though. And I finally figured out that Hank looks so familiar because he's the dude from Blood Drive.

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Tiggum posted:

I didn't watch the post-credits scene and I'm not going to bother going back for it. What happened in it?

Super... Boy, probably, and Krypto the Superdog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quincyh
Dec 24, 2011

Jose Oquendo posted:

To be more specific, the Kon-el clone Superboy.

Right, right, but... Krypto the Superdog definitely the most interesting thing here.