Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Toplowtech posted:

He is there to have a racially diverse enough cast not to be called a 100% white cast show and he replaces beast boy, another Teen Titan. Not the worse choice, even if his condition is kinda too close to robot man, but hey cyborg was always a better character than beast boy, but your mileage may vary.

All the best 100% white folks are called Guerrero...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Toplowtech posted:

Even with Diane, without Cyborg, it would still be 0% black.

Sure, but not every show needs to, or can, have every ethnicity. Where's my Asian representation in this show! (I'm 0% Asian).

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

we need sum titties in Swamp Thang

Adrienne Barbeau is supposed to be in it. She's only in her seventies...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

SimonCat posted:

I'm fine with it going either way. I don't see Ivy ending up with Kiteman, but it makes for a good running gag if they are kinda into each other for the series run.

Is the disabled land lord based on someone? I'm more of a move/series fan than an actual comic fan.

He was a character in one of the recent series. In that one he was a retired spy. Don't know if they're going that way here, but I assume they didn't get Jason Alexander in just to voice a disapproving landlord.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

itry posted:

Ivy is real zen-like. A real inspiration.

She seemed awfully familiar with hooker rules though...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Open Source Idiom posted:

You know most of this is because people can't be bothered updating imdb properly, right? Paul Dini should be credited for every episode, but he's not.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but you've not got access to the total information here.

Also showrunner is not listed in credits. Just because there are 10 executive producers doesn't mean they are equal.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

BlackIronHeart posted:

Batgirl's reaction at meeting Batman was great, the VA is killing it with her.

It's Kaley Cuoco's little sister. Her voice is sometimes a little too close to Harley/Kaley, but otherwise she's been great.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean it'd kind of have to be. Syfy goes for it with minor curse words but dropping F-bombs eight times a show (but no more) is probably a no go.

It's not like Happy, Blood Drive or The Magicians aired on Syfy...

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Were they speaking Norwegian? It didn't sound German to me but 90% of my experience hearing German is from World War II movies so what do I know.

The parents were speaking Norwegian words badly, Neil Jackson just seemed to be speaking gibberish.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

An Ounce of Gold posted:

Ok it seems like pressedbunny and Phylodox might have to work out some sort of duel to see if I watch Swampthin... Oh poo poo Phylodox won!

You chose..... wisely.

Seriously, Phylodox is right, the first episode is great, but the rest of the season is one long wet fart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Professor Beetus posted:

Big same, show needs more absolutely scenery devouring Timothy Dalton.

That's true of every show though.