Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Jericho died without actually seeing his dad's eyes, or anyone else's. So I guess he's dead... unless they're going to do some "that isn't really what happened" twist.

I don't really see how it's Dick's fault either. That'd be like saying Aqualad's death is Jillian's fault.
Slade just didn't give a poo poo about anything but the kill... just forgot his son was there. Good thing the grenade wasn't lethal or he would have died from that too.

itry fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Oct 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Technically Deathstroke invited Jericho there, after his ex-wife told him (a violent sociopath) to "fix it".

itry
Aug 23, 2019

bring back old gbs posted:

But as presented, it was just pointlessly misleading. Like just say "I'm the reason deathstroke's son is dead." not "I killed his son" when you abso-loving-lutely did not, even if you want to shift goalposts to 'well its his fault he was there in the first place...' it still doesn't work.

Yeah, it would have been better actually if he did die from the grenade Dick swatted away. That would kinda justify that line.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Adeline said "they might feel differently" :tinfoil:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Jericho obviously astral-projected into their apartment and moved things around. Spookily. :ghost:

The Lord Bude posted:

One of these days someone is going to write a show about a group of superheroes that work as a team, and communicate with each other like normal functioning people, that make decisions based on common sense and logical reasoning.

It's probably easier to write drama when everyone's lying to each other, or are acting like teenagers in general.

itry fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 6, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Tiggum posted:

Do the writers even remember that he was a cop?

Good news! :v:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Episode was :psyduck: out of 10.

Balthesar posted:

Can I just get a Krypto show or movie please?

Like The Mask animated series, but with a dog.

Every episode ends with someone new telling Krypto that he's a good boy.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I think the guard was talking hypothetically when he said 20-30 years.

Maybe the 7 years (no parole) bit is the maximum sentence for assualting a federal officer? :shrug:

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Not to mention, he can't be a "cop" in this universe anymore given background checks, not to mention, whenever he "breaks out" - wouldn't he be somebody on the lamb?

It does seem like they're either writing themselves into a corner or into a copout.

itry fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Nov 9, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rachel, Kori and Dick kinda did.

EmptyVessel posted:

If Dick escapes it'll be a cop out alright. :dadjoke:

:hfive:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's the go to filter for suspense/drama shows. It really is overused.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Open Source Idiom posted:

That's an interesting av/post combo :p

The Expanse can use more than one filter :p

I'm not sure if this show ever did anything more with colors other than gray and blue.

TelevisedInsanity posted:

And all I see on Twitter and Tumblr is just gifs of whoever is their crush, rather it's Brenton as Grayson doing pull ups in prison, a nude Beast Boy or Superboy, or Slade Wilson as a "Daddy" (which is a topic I ain't gonna cover)

That's just what "fans" do. Tumblr is probably half full of Supernatural slash fic, and shrines to any half hot popular character/actor.

All of Tumblr/Twitter media servers could blow up and nothing important will be lost.

itry fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 12, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

How does anybody stop Superman? :shrug:

I'm looking forward to the animated Harley Quinn show. Don't really know anything about Stargirl.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Behold

itry fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Nov 14, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Let's not overlook the important issue here: She is a girl and she has purple in her hair. And JacquelineDempsey gets irrationally furious about it.

:downs:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I... kinda liked this episode? Except the Beast Boy and Rose/Robin scenes. They dragged.

Also now we know who was the prankster in the tower. It was Rose.

I assume Rachel running in place in her dream is supposed to convey those moments when you want to move/run but can't in a dream.
Dumb looking presentation though.

itry fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Nov 16, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

kjetting posted:

The hallucination fight scene with Bruce and Dick was perfectly choreographed on his side, keeping his composure and using controlled, energy efficient moves and then going for a kung fu roundhouse kick as soon as there is an opening in the opponent’s guard.

Yeah, it was actually decent. Head-Bruce giving health advice was pretty amusing too.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Dang the season is almost over. It did feel a little meandering.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Last episode was a contrived mess filled with several types of bad.

But looking at the episoed's IMDB score makes me think I may not be the target demographic. :shrug:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Hmm, yes. Parachute Donna's corpse into a new show. :shuckyes:

In better news; Harley Quinn was fun. Meloni as Gordon was excellent.

Oh wow and Alan Tudyk was Joker.

Edit:

I'm Jim watching the season finale

itry fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 29, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Apparently she lost her super-strength, along with her fire hands, but didn't know it.
Real question is why didn't Donna get out and wipe the floor with Deathstroke.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

High-strung spiked coffee chain drinker Jim Gordon :sludgepal:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

The guards aren't wrong about that kid though. :colbert:

:hai:

I didn't mind the violence, but I could do without the Mortal Kombat effects.

The show has great voice acting. Watching the trailer I thought I'd deslike the art style and animation, but those were great too.

Gordon's great. Ivy's great. Joker's great. Harley's great. Show's good.

Roth posted:

Harley and Ivy not being gay was reason enough for me to not bother.

Going by the pilot, it looked like Ivy has some feelings towards Harley. It might happen in the future.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Can we all agree, though, than Alan Tudyk's voice work on Joker was really good? Hard for me to describe, but: def Mark Hamill-ish but not entirely a straight up imitation, he brought his own... I dunno, charm?

Alan Tudyk is very good at crazy. :v:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Sad Bane was lovely :allears:

Elfface posted:

I kinda hope the ultraviolence in Harley is setting up for when we see Batman fighting goons the exact same way. Bonus points if Superman is gently holding down one single guy as Bats rampages.

Do we know we're going to see Justice League in the show? So far we just had Batman and Joker playing tag.

Elfface posted:

She took down the Bat... mitzvah.

:dadjoke:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

muscles like this! posted:

...they were told they went "too far" with the character and had to tone him down.

Sounds promising.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

That's amazing

itry
Aug 23, 2019

This felt a lot like Venture Bros.
Wanda Sykes as Queen of Fables was pretty funny.

Maybe this show needs its own thead?

Hypocrisy posted:

Queen of Fables being accurate to her Justice League plot line.

Also can't believe this was a real story.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Rocksicles posted:

Armani cape.

But... why?

Oh "made from Armani cloth". That makes better sense.

Mustafa Bulut posted:

hmmmm...tbh. The Robin Alleyway fight from season 1 has a special place in my heart. It was super difficult and cold, but the getting the role never sank in until I was fighting 10 of my good stunt buddies in the goddamn robin suit
:allears:

itry fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 15, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

This is better than anything else currently on their service. They better get another season.

Also liked that dumb "Harley even known ya" gag.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Ivy is real zen-like. A real inspiration.

Some really good gags in this episode.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Title should be DC Universe thread: Harley Quinn: It's actually pretty good: No, really

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I have a feeling Clayface was taking inspiration from something for his "tale of woe".

Episode was good. I love their take on Gordon.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

:perfect:

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Episode was more hosed up than usual.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

This show makes me care about Ivy and Harley.

Bane's a delight as always.

:allears:

muscles like this! posted:

Am I crazy or were there BTAS images in Harley's flashback?

I didn't see any TAS clips.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

This entire episode was just :allbuttons:

Also Harley's family being this hosed up explains a lot.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

What the gently caress did I just watch? :psyduck:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

That was certainly the bloodiest episode to date. Also holy gently caress Sy. :stonklol:

Sy was a real :barf: :stonk: moment

itry
Aug 23, 2019

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Turbo Teen but 1000x worse

"imdb posted:

Turbo Teen

The adventures of a boy who can physically transform into a living car.

Genres: Animation, Adventure, Sci-Fi

They forgot to add Body Horror to the list.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Silly Clayface. He could have turned into anything to fit that thing. He probably doesn't even need an actual suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

This is a very good show.
Lots of good moments in this episode. And they packed so much into it, it felt like a two parter.

The flowers blooming in the trees at the end was a nice touch.

evilmiera posted:

Strangely reminded me of sprouting from Grim Fandango.

Those moments in the game were more horrific, but I can see the similarity.

itry fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 16, 2020