Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

She always has been.

I chuckled when Sharon told her all she wanted was for Harley to marry a doctor ("I AM a doctor, ma!") since Ivy's a doctor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, if you're not feeling it after the nemesis talk show debacle, it ain't for you.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

It's pretty impressive that season 2 is coming so quickly. Or did this get released ages ago and only blew up recently?

It was released at the very end of November but as a weekly thing, not a 'All at once' Netflix-esque binge. They actually ordered 26 episodes from the very beginning and the producers decided to make a pair of 13 episode seasons instead of one big 26 episode season.

I think it blew up after the first season concluded and people could finally binge it. Birds of Prey might've helped too.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

CaptainCrunch posted:

There's a "Harleen" graphic novel series out recently that's hitting bestseller numbers.
https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/03/06/harleen-is-a-new-york-times-best-seller

Universal Thirst Appeal indeed.

That cover is haunting.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Yeah, they're married in at least one continuity and the Harley Quinn writers said they were in an open relationship.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Bane just mumbling after Harley was frozen had me laughing pretty good.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

There's only one villain she really needs to team up with.

https://i.imgur.com/NCwcgl1.mp4

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I don't know why Harley and Ivy vibing to the party mix got me so good but it really did. What a great gag.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Gwen Stefani has been platinum blonde her entire career and was all about up-dos and crop tops. Ivy's outfit is pure neo-hippie 90s grunge.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I view it as Kite Man desperately trying to be 'cool enough' for Ivy because he really, deeply knows he isn't. He even says as much to Harley, admitting aloud that he knows he'll never do better. Kite Man's selfishly putting up a front for his own sake, trying to convince himself he's a cool enough, tough enough dude to keep Ivy interested.

I would bet that we'll see a resolution to this whole act in the next episode.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

roomforthetuna posted:

This is the most amazing achievement of this show. Taking one of the stupidest weakest most unreusable concept characters and making them a beloved frequent-occurrence character that we want to never end. Also that he's not even the only one, sharkyfella is the same way.

For real, I was talking up the show to a friend who hasn't read a comic book since the 80's and he asked 'Should I know who the hell Kite Man is?' and my answer was 'No, it would be very odd if you even knew the name before this show.'

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Like, bleeped?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Ah, well, good for them. And likely good that DC instituted the 8 Fucks rule.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Man, so much good poo poo in episode 4. Mr. Freeze is, indeed, the most woke ice-themed villain in all of New-New Gotham. And the spinach puffs looked great. Though we got way more information on Dr. Psycho's balls than strictly necessary.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

twistedmentat posted:

I always thought that was like fan art or something.

Nah, Bruce Timm's art is pretty clearly horny and unashamed of it.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Kite Man's full name is, I'm pretty sure, Charles Brown so Chuck is way better than Charlie.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Batgirl's reaction at meeting Batman was great, the VA is killing it with her.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

I mean, it's not the first one at least. For example, the electro dude whose bloodline was ended.

He's actually from the comics. https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/Jason_Praxis_(New_Earth)

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Batman is definitely street scale until he's palling around with the Justice League, when he suddenly gets to global scale, which is weird but it happens in comics pretty often. Spiderman is similar in that he's usually street scale but then the Fantastic Four will come knocking and he's suddenly dealing with aliens and poo poo.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Mr. Ferris was a rollercoaster of emotions.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

God, you're so smug.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Xander77 posted:

We didn't actually get Harley giving the Joker anything ferret-related in S1 or flashbacks, right?

Not to Joker but ferrets were involved in Episode 4.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Harley and Ivy: I'm glad they kissed, but I feel bad for Kiteman! Which I guess is the point! I hope the show handles that break up well!

I trust these show writers to know that Ivy being in an emotional crisis like this is simply bound to be great TV because she doesn't have the tools to handle this, like even a little bit.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Here you go.

https://i.imgur.com/6oetRaQ.mp4

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Hidingo Kojimba posted:

League of Harley and Ivy's Evil Ex-Boyfriends.

League of Evil Exes. There's gotta be at least one Roxy equivalent.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Like, for me personally the most interesting option is Kiteman being heartbroken, but not wanting to seek revenge against anyone and just wanting to move on with his life. However, because he and his ex and his ex's new girlfriend all have the same careers they're still constantly running into each other and it's incredibly and hilariously uncomfortable for everyone involved.

If they can fit this into the larger 'Harley discovering how to be without the Joker' arc, I'd be 1000% down.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Ovenmaster posted:

To me it seems like fairly standard stretching out of the romance arc through various setbacks.

Yeah, that's how it feels to me as well.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

Also someone gif king shark blushing at the smooch

https://i.imgur.com/Z4wCTxP.mp4

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also loved Ivy blushing a deeper shade of green.

https://i.imgur.com/yZM4Sh4.mp4

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

Here's the text of Harley's redacted DoJ file:

File no: 09111992

This is a summary of information obtained by redacted from a review of all references to the subject of Harley Quinn. redacted redacted the intent from redacted redacted with redacted over the edge. Along with redacted redacted the mad love shown redacted to be in Joker's favor. redacted during a girl's night out. redacted redacted redacted with the laughing fish. redacted on Harley's holiday to redacted redacted along with redacted and Poison Ivy. redacted recommends lock up at redacted redacted The incident involving redacted with the Harlequinade, along with the disappearance of Joker's millions, redacted during the holiday Knights incident. redacted redacted with the purpose of redacted and "almost got' im" before the Suicide Squad project.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

I don't know if anyone needs this but I was bored.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

With a ringing endorsement from Frank, how can they lose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

TheDiceMustRoll posted:

Can someone do a .gif of Psycho eating the cotton candy? That was perfect.