Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Quincyh posted:

I want a cool shadowy Batman TV show so they can use comic book shenanigans to have a crossover with Adam West Batman, who, as has already been explained, is the only real Batman.

Why can we have a million Superman shows and no Batman shows, this sucks. Especially since Titans seems to be setting up Batman as exactly the right level of hosed up.

We have a Batman show, really, and its actually good and wacky. Too bad its ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

People figured out it was deliberate when they had a literal villain Walmart, I'd say.

Quincyh posted:

Is it? I've tried twice and given up twice. When did it get better?

As people said, it gradually ramps up midway through season 1 - midway through season 2 until it goes balls to the walls insane.

And Bruce is essentially Batman Year One at this point as well.

A big part is realizing that it's purposely mixing in every single filmed take on Batman in one series simultaneously to the point where they basically coexist in the same world, while still realizing it's a comic book based thing and the show should just embrace it as opposed to trying to be "realistic."

Bruno Heller (Rome) is the showrunner, so there is thoughts and brains behind it; you just have to accept what he's attempting to do (or not).

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Quincyh posted:

Okay, but what if I hate the dude that plays Jim Gordon and every scene with him in it is a trial?

He starts being more funny because he acts like hes going to explode out of rage every time he says a line.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

SardonicTyrant posted:

Wait, Arrow's ending?

I don't find dumb romance and SECRETS drama to be wacky unless it's super queer romance and secrets drama that ends in multiple heads exploding.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Rocksicles posted:

Anyone in here not watching Happy! needs to literally get with the loving program.

I actually forgot it was Morrison and you guys sold me. One of his books I never read, too.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Space Fish posted:

I'm having trouble figuring out who it's for. It's not quite funny enough, exciting enough, clever at all... I guess Gunn & Co. had fun making it, so good for them? Not watching past the third episode unless something genuinely improves. Very much a background noise show.

I liked it. I also liked Super, and this almost has the tone of that, so maybe that's why? I liked a lot of pre-Marvel Gunn.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The best part for me was the surprise Darkseid Valentine spot.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Well, they played homage to that in the best possible way ever. Seriously best cameo ever being Grant Morrison themself.

muscles like this! posted:

Lol that this week's Titans was basically speeding running Beast Boy through Grant Morrison's Animal Man run.

Darko fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Apr 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

zer0spunk posted:

i forgot what they look like so i thought it was a lex from more shows on the CW i don't watch, like the other cameos

as someone who is very burnt out on the multiverse in cape poo poo, ehhh

in retrospect, i guess it was better than showing jim lee or whatever

e: also i never read multiversity or animal man (or the invisibles)..all things i meant to check out..but didn't alan moore come up with this poo poo first in saga with the green? the red doesn't feel all that original

Grant Morrisons Animal Man run is a bit more meta than just a general comic movie multiverse, as it starts with Animal Man tapping into the "red" to see the multiverse connected but also pulling back to see he was a fictional character and talking to Morrison about his role in their universe.