Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Phenotype posted:

Another thing I appreciated about this show, especially after finishing Daredevil S3 this week, is how, when some random goon gets hit, you see a spray of blood and then the guy doesn't get back up. Because obviously, if you're smashing someone in the face with a heavy steel bar, they're going to stay down because their face is broken and they're heavily concussed. It always drives me a little crazy to watch Matt Murdock hit a guy four times in the face and then do a cool flippy kick right to their head, and then five seconds later the guy gets up like nothing happened.

Arrow is better about this too, but the fight scenes are so much weaker that I don't really count them. Shoot a guy in the shoulder with an arrow, they stay down forever like they got knocked out. Flip a guy over and throw him to the ground, knocked out. It goes too far in the other direction, where I feel like a lot of those goons shouldn't be incapacitated at all.

Daredevil is actually more real. IRL if you are struck unconscious for more than a few seconds you probably have brain damage.

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU