Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

If she's the same origin as from the comics, they absolutely do.

He said a good reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

I mentioned this in the RLM thread but it feels like most post-DCAU superhero cartoons don't have the legs to last more than a few seasons before Warner Bros shitcans them to make a new Batman cartoon.

Unless you're Teen Titans Go!, of course.

Wasn't Cartoon Network running TTG! like 22 hours a day at one point? I don't even know how non-subscription cable works anymore.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

Stargirl has a clearly higher budget and better production values but if you don't like CW shows you probably won't like it.

I don't think that's fair, Stargirl has virtually none of the gormless melodrama or wheel-spinning filler of the typical CW fare. It's more like season 1 Flash in terms of overall writing quality and tone.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Apokolips War was pretty decent.

It most emphatically was not.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Piell posted:

#ISAWasRight

Aside from the whole "kill every fourth person to make the other three embrace peace and love and UHC" deal, earlier in the season they said that people "enlightened" by Brainwave's mind cleansing don't come out the same as they were before and pretty well implied it was a psychic lobotomy. Sorry, there's better ways to fix the world than a mass murder lottery and making pod people out of the rest.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Azhais posted:

I didn't like the loop since it seems like they could have just had Brainwave do a pre-recorded message and handled the whole thing without him getting a liquefied spine

I assumed the loop was just a pause button before picking back up with his active conditioning, or else the whole chair bit was pointless.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Spacebump posted:

I decided to watch Smallville recently. After watching the first season I have a question. What do the Kents farm?

Antipathy for Lex Luthor.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

I don't think so. It was supposed to be Lois and Lex doing stuff pre Superman but I'm pretty sure it never got further than being announced. Which happens sometimes, like how they announced an Hourman show that never happened.

Was there any news on what that Hourman show was going to be like? I can guess, but I'd love a trippy high-concept series about the android from the 853rd century wandering through time in search of his own purpose and humanity, like a temporal Silver Surfer.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

https://twitter.com/samthielman/status/1404636449979482113?s=19

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ardlen posted:

Stargirl:
I liked how they did the fight choreography, with the fighters in the same positions when doing the jump cuts.

Yeah, that was pretty slick! Good fight in general, dynamic and kinetic. And Eclipso's got some real presence, despite coming off like a Mortal Kombat boss (or because of it??).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Oh poo poo, did not know eclipso was coming to live action. Any shots of his diamond?

Tons, every episode this season. And there's more magical FX stuff going on, that teaser shot was just that, a quick teaser. The whole season is free on the CW app/streaming channel, no reason to sleep on what I'm pretty sure is his biggest multimedia appearance since Justice League.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Jesus, that episode was heavy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Fartington Butts posted:

Goddamn it is great to watch the Doom Patrol intro again.

Can't tell if Candlemaker's just cheap effects or supposed to kinda be stop-motiony.

Candlemaker being from another time should've been done with older Harryhausen-style effects work. I'm probably dumb and weird about this but I've always wanted to see this trick used for different generations of monsters/heroes/whatever meeting up, like when the 90s Flash showed up in the CW show.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Man, don't gently caress with Metron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Medullah posted:

I said it was a perfect ending for him, I never said it was a happy ending. I wish more shows did realistic endings instead of happily ever after

I agree, a bittersweet ending was highly appropriate for Cliff and it really would've rung false if everything turned out perfect for him/his family after all.