Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

chunkles posted:

Reformed Melo is a great 3&D off-the-bench small ball power forward

Okay just 3s

And probably not that good at those either

It's going to be glorious watching Chris Paul fuming on the bench while Melo jab-steps for 12 seconds and then jacks up a contested 20 footer every possession.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Minnesota stays in
Denver takes San Antonio’s spot
Lakers take Portland’s spot ?

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

The D stands for dribbling

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Lockback posted:

I like Melo as a bench gunner a lot though, he's going to roast some 3rd year fringe NBA dudes.

he's gonna get roasted by TJ McConnell and TJ McConnell-like players again

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
isn't it believe in youself

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm not going to break your hear spacebump, you can't make me.

I will just say the positives about the Clippers. Their defensive front line is really impressive and it's honestly too bad they don't have DJ because protecting that rim is going to be a lot easier this year, easy enough that the difference between Gortat/Boban isn't as much as you'd think it would be based on the talent level/athleticism difference. They have a steady, really reliable source of bench scoring and it keeps them in games a long time.

I could see it gonig really wrong and could see them kind of quit en masse if they lose a lot of close ones early on and their defense might be in real trouble if Patty or Bradley have their normal injury pattern (they really would've been better off keeping Rivers although to have max space next year they had to deal him). But if everything goes right for them I pencil them into the 8-10 range in the west.

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Westbrook is out and there's a ring ceremony?

Boy, I can't wait to watch the one and only game that's on tonight! Go Sixers!

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Last call to print a schedule booklet for the whole NBA season, download the schedule for your time zone here!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
I'm going to be posting way more starting tomorrow.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

ajkalan posted:

Last call to print a schedule booklet for the whole NBA season, download the schedule for your time zone here!

These continue to be good.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
The Mavs had the point differential of a 33 win team last year. Winning 9 games fewer than their pythagorean expected win total was the second biggest underperformance of any team in the last fifteen years - and an exhibition of masterful tanking by Rick Carlisle of looking competitive for 40 minutes and then sabotaging the team down the stretch with weird rotations time and again.

I don't think they'll make the playoffs or anything, but if you take 33 wins as a baseline and not 24, then add Doncic and replace Maxi Kleber with DeAndre Jordan I could see them winning high 30s very easily.

Unless they decide to tank in order to keep their pick (goes to Atlanta if it's not top 5).

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

euphronius posted:

Minnesota stays in
Denver takes San Antonio’s spot
Lakers take Portland’s spot ?

Minnesota depends on how much the Butler drama affects things. MN could be 4 or 10. I like Denver (though not a lot) and the Lakers. I think Spurs will bullshit their way back in. This is unpopular, but I am not sure about New Orleans. I'm not sure AD super-saiyan's his way back through, and the rest of that roster is rough. Like they made a bunch of decent moves, but that roster still seems very problematic.

It's going to be a meat grinder again.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

MelancholyMark posted:

Let's

Go

Jazz

Amen and amen.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/YahooSportsNBA/status/1052315139809013760?s=19

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Half of the banana boat takin in a ballgame

Melo looking very on brand

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Clearly Yahoo didn't hear about his tribal ceremony earlier this summer. Wow

E: Lmao they deleted it with the quickness. It was a tweet making fun of Kyrie for wearing a feather in his hair, an obvious reference to his Sioux membership

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 16, 2018

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
The blazers are not going to miss the playoffs what on earth?

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Anybody have a link to the Zogopoll? I was waiting on the Butler bomb but it never blew up

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

BAS

KET

BALL

BAS

KET

BALL

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

zelah posted:

The blazers are not going to miss the playoffs what on earth?

They're trading Lillard to the Lakers, according to "sources"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

big boi posted:

They're trading Lillard to the Lakers, according to "sources"

https://twitter.com/RicBucher/status/1052327907664703488?s=19

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

boxcarhobo posted:

BAS

KET

BALL

BAS

KET

BALL

It's my favorite sport.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

So sad that Ric Bucher has been homeless since he bet his house on Kobe never playing another game with a Lakers after he demanded a trade in 07

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

gently caress lol

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
kawhi loves high fives with teammates :shobon:

https://streamable.com/xt5lx 1:20

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

It’s kind of weird they were ever able to afford Pippen in the first place, the only one I know is by a truck depot on the outskirts of town

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Shaq seems fit for Shaq.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:lol: if Vlade actually tried trading for Jimmy Buckets
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/1052346919475851264

insert joke about him leading third stringers to victory

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

basketball

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: if Vlade actually tried trading for Jimmy Buckets
https://twitter.com/CarmichaelDave/status/1052346919475851264

insert joke about him leading third stringers to victory

I'm dying to know the offer.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Mods?? *Youself

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Hey Rick the Suns tried to bring your very good son TJ home

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1052350398902792192

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Not a good start to Ben Simmons third rookie of the year campaign

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Lockback posted:

I'm dying to know the offer.

Probably Willie, Skal, our bajillion second round picks, and a bad contract coming our way which I would also hang up on

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

:monocle:

e: thats my reaction to the first night of basketball being bad and i just dont care

boxcarhobo fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Oct 17, 2018

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I wonder what a Lillard Kyrie trade would have looked like. If it was going to include a Cleveland 1st rounder I think I’d do it, but who could have known LeBron was doing to leave

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
Thanks for blocking the shot in, Joel

https://streamable.com/kut3y

I love NBA

zelah posted:

I wonder what a Lillard Kyrie trade would have looked like. If it was going to include a Cleveland 1st rounder I think I’d do it, but who could have known LeBron was doing to leave

Kyrie would get injured and you'd have to survive on CJ alone in the playoffs is what!

Cool Buff Man fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm feeling pretty good about the Celtics if they turn in that performance with Kyrie being a serious negative.

• Locked thread