Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
I was so taken aback by Klay’s beard that I didn’t notice Swaggy P was missing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

AggressivelyStupid posted:

Not a good start to Ben Simmons third rookie of the year campaign

19/15/8 seems pretty good

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Empty stats, cowardice, and the L

I stand by my very accurate statement

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

jackofarcades posted:

19/15/8 seems pretty good

When does facts matter in trumps america

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...

The Glumslinger posted:

So sad that Ric Bucher has been homeless since he bet his house on Kobe never playing another game with a Lakers after he demanded a trade in 07

One time I was at a restaurant in San Francisco and Ric Bucher and Rajon Rondo sat at the table next to me. Rondo had a "who the gently caress is this honky" look on his face the entire time. He slunk further into his chair as the night went on.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Spite posted:

One time I was at a restaurant in San Francisco and Ric Bucher and Rajon Rondo sat at the table next to me. Rondo had a "who the gently caress is this honky" look on his face the entire time. He slunk further into his chair as the night went on.

rondo was in his mind palace figuring out how he would defeat him in connect four

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i am ostensibly a Timberwolves fan and will be cheering for their success but because they're clearly going to be a slow-moving train wreck until at least the trade deadline, and LeBron has moved to a team that I cannot in good conscious cheer for (except when I'm in LA on vacation and at a Lakers game because I"m not a loving ghoul),

I am in need of a backup team! I want someone not too good that I'm clearly bandwagoning (no Warriors/Celtics/Sixers/Rockets), but also not a total trainwreck/horseshit (no Suns/Knicks/Hawks).

the ones at the top of my potential list are the Nets, Jazz, Nuggets, and Mavs (I have high hopes for Doncic). Anyone else I should consider or should I just start watching whatever?

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
gently caress that don't become a nets fan just bandwagon a good team and have no shame

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

DC Murderverse posted:

i am ostensibly a Timberwolves fan and will be cheering for their success but because they're clearly going to be a slow-moving train wreck until at least the trade deadline, and LeBron has moved to a team that I cannot in good conscious cheer for (except when I'm in LA on vacation and at a Lakers game because I"m not a loving ghoul),

I am in need of a backup team! I want someone not too good that I'm clearly bandwagoning (no Warriors/Celtics/Sixers/Rockets), but also not a total trainwreck/horseshit (no Suns/Knicks/Hawks).

the ones at the top of my potential list are the Nets, Jazz, Nuggets, and Mavs (I have high hopes for Doncic). Anyone else I should consider or should I just start watchin whatever?

Toronto raptirs

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DC Murderverse posted:

the ones at the top of my potential list are the Nets, Jazz, Nuggets, and Mavs (I have high hopes for Doncic). Anyone else I should consider or should I just start watching whatever?

Nuggets are the most "fun" out of that list for sure. I'd put the Jazz in the too good list, I think they're right there with the Rockets

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Agree with have no shame, but Utah is a fun team if you like that style of ball, and Denver is also very watchable. Don't watch the Nets. Mavs are kinda interesting but I suspect it'll be spin your wheels in mud kinda season, even if Doncic lives up to hype.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

DC Murderverse posted:

Raptors are good enough to be a bandwagon choice and also a total trainwreck in the postseason, enjoy the best of both worlds

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

I've always found cheering for players and not teams is easier for your "second team." Like if there are a few guys you like, or one guy you love, just try to catch their games. I think we all sorta do this. CBM told you Denver is good (which is true), but he only said it because he's a Jokic stalker.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

I've always found cheering for players and not teams is easier for your "second team." Like if there are a few guys you like, or one guy you love, just try to catch their games. I think we all sorta do this. CBM told you Denver is good (which is true), but he only said it because he's a Jokic stalker.

Hey I like Jamal Murray and Gary Harris too

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I know but our GM game is where i get my info ;)

anyway. can't deny Jamal Murray. Who as you all remember, I effectively scouted at the PanAM games before he went to Kentucky.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

BWV posted:

can't deny Jamal Murray. Who as you all remember, I effectively scouted at the PanAM games before he went to Kentucky.

I tried to keep the Jokic slobbering out of it by just calling them fun, I think their offense is more enjoyable than any other in the league besides the Warriors. But yes it's basically Jokic fanboyism

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bulls

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
dc murderverse there's really only one option that's gonna give you the timberwolves experience with zero expectations that includes former wolves and that option is the

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

DC Murderverse posted:

The Pacers could have a breakout year if Myles Turner steps up.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i know you meant to put them on your trainwreck list but you didn't so here you go: the kings

i think the clippers changed their broadcast crew up so i'd have to check but they could be an option too.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Made a Meet the Team thread
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871709

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wendell is going to loving own.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

Wendell is going to loving own.

I dunno, he plays a bit too much defense, a trusted anonymous league source has told me players who play defense don't get paid.

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
Calling it now. This is going to be Jeremy Lin's year.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Also like I said in the meet the team thread, there is no lineup I want to see more than a

Blakenley, Lavine, Holiday, Parker, Portis lineup this year.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Jota posted:

Hey Rick the Suns tried to bring your very good son TJ home

https://twitter.com/PompeyOnSixers/status/1052350398902792192

TJ is worth more than a second, at least in my heart.

Would've been nice for going to games though.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
The knicks are going to lose far more games than they win, but they should be fun to watch. Frank, Knox, Mitch Rob will all be exciting to watch grow, plus next season when KP is back and KD signs they’ll suddenly be an eastern conference final lock

E: also they’ll get a top 3 pick

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp
After watching tonight's okc game, I'm really excited to see this team at full strength with roberson and russ. We can beat the warriors. Also pg13 in the third got me rock hard.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
roberson may be dead tho

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011
https://twitter.com/ThaChadwick/status/1052413877227540481

Lewis Skolnick fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 17, 2018

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
have a palette cleanser

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I kind of like the design but calling it the City Edition is hilarious

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Joke’s on them, those characters actually say “Cleveland”

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

DC Murderverse posted:

If your team is in the West, have your backup team in the East.

The Pacers are going to play good BB. The Bucks may play good BB is Bud makes the players buy in into the new schemes (they had an interesting pre-season).

pepperchomp
Jan 27, 2007

chomp chomp chomp

leftist heap posted:

roberson may be dead tho

I know it's a serious injury but don't say such things!!!!

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

BTW, this years Almanac is out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AVhepr4OjtgymXAneiula834g51YzJDc/view

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

For backup teams for a season, find a rookie you like and follow the team. For example, last year I liked Donovan Mitchell and watched more Jazz games. This year, I like Ben Simmons.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The sixers really looked out of sorts without their cagey veteran shooters. Markelle fultz is far away from being a real contributor.

In case you missed, the 2018-19 meet the team thread is here

post about the men on your team and the season they'll share! We need it. We crave it!

I'll do mine later! I gotta go ta sleep!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3871709

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Oct 17, 2018

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
Outside of not shooting a few open shots, I thought Markelle looked fine. He looked way better than JJ on defense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Let's go Bucks!

Two wins for Wisconsin tonight, let's do it! :getin:

• Locked thread