Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I hope Ben and Marcus hit all the 3s and stick it to the evil Celtics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

last year i tried keeping a spreadsheet to track the amount of basketball i watched, it included a list of players who owned and sucked in each game and other stuff. I stopped after 3 months though because it became hard to fill out if I was watching away from my computer and I was secretly scared of its conclusions. I might do it again

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

i am ostensibly a Timberwolves fan and will be cheering for their success but because they're clearly going to be a slow-moving train wreck until at least the trade deadline, and LeBron has moved to a team that I cannot in good conscious cheer for (except when I'm in LA on vacation and at a Lakers game because I"m not a loving ghoul),

I am in need of a backup team! I want someone not too good that I'm clearly bandwagoning (no Warriors/Celtics/Sixers/Rockets), but also not a total trainwreck/horseshit (no Suns/Knicks/Hawks).

the ones at the top of my potential list are the Nets, Jazz, Nuggets, and Mavs (I have high hopes for Doncic). Anyone else I should consider or should I just start watching whatever?

I've always found cheering for players and not teams is easier for your "second team." Like if there are a few guys you like, or one guy you love, just try to catch their games. I think we all sorta do this. CBM told you Denver is good (which is true), but he only said it because he's a Jokic stalker.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I know but our GM game is where i get my info ;)

anyway. can't deny Jamal Murray. Who as you all remember, I effectively scouted at the PanAM games before he went to Kentucky.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

morestuff posted:

I wouldn't draw too many conclusions after one game against the favorite in the East

Embiid should retire

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

its not a dunk but Embiid got posterized (and suffered all the emotional scarring of being dunked on)

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

1 down, 81 to go.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Tae posted:

6 shots for Karl Towns.

Why.

too busy geting offensive fouls. doesn't have The Look.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

euphronius posted:

Ibaka off the bench is great for Toronto. That seems like his perfect role at this point.

Agreed. Would be better if he returned to it faster though

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Like having two dicks and both of them getting erect

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Cool Buff Man posted:

Playoffs are a long time away, check back in then

championships are won in October

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

loving Powell. Raptors completely dominating outside of letting John Wall run through the entire team

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

3-0. 79 to go. Kawhi is staying. Butler is coming. Durant will want to but we wont take him because Siakim is better. Fall champions Toronto Raptors back in full.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Someone sum up the raps wiz game in three words for me

Worst raps > wiz

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Kareem is the loving man

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

I feel like there is also some background beef we don't know about. Like if my wife started fighting with someone I wouldn't immediately look for that person's husband to start poo poo with. (Am I a bad partner?)

My theory is that this all started because CP's wife, like her evil husband, did something sneaky. Then Savannah got them to all sit together to squash the beef. But then CP's wife couldn't help her self and put nacho's on Rondo's wife's seat just before she sat down.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/netw3rk/status/1054214795187040256?s=19

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

speaking of analytics, the Toronto Raptors are 4-0 and 78 games away from going 82-0 and 79 games from losing game 1 of the first round

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

https://streamable.com/0rmo3

On the left: me in october

In the middle: me in May

On the right: me in July

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

ive been reading this sci fi book and it talks about how when singularity happens, the speed in which it goes from fully conscious to destructive to moving on to something abstract is much faster than we imagine. and i think of that when I think about the Bulls.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

people in the raptors reddit postgame said Celtic fans were freaking out so i went to go investigate but i put in the wrong url and found this

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

not technically :filez: but I dont think it's ok to post the sekrit plays.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

5-0
77 to go.
Kawhi is staying

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Day Man posted:

Kawhi is trying hard purely so he can get a good deal somewhere else.

maybe one of you egg heads can prove me wrong lbut I can assure you no MVP has ever left a team that won 82 straight regular season games

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

as one of Kawhi's people I can assure you he and our uncle Dennis are staying.

Look man, I dont know what to tell you. CRISPYBABY told you about his uncle working for the Raps and I told you about Kawhi being basically family. Combined with the NUMEROUS posters in this very thread who have stated it, there is is ample proof that he's staying.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

https://streamable.com/46gom

Nick Nurse explains why the Celtics are in trouble

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Not if you leagilize weed

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Steve Simmons is a Skip Bayless/Whitlock wannabe and possibly the worst sports "journalist" in Canada. The paper he writes for is a loving rag that routinely prints/posts racist poo poo. His whole "basketball culture only cares about being stars unlike good ol' hockey players" is a blatant dog whistle and has been parroted by old honkeys in this country for way too long.

BWV fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Oct 25, 2018

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

System GM.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If I'm anyone even partially invested in the career of KAT I'm petitioning the Wolves every single minute to get rid of Butler ASAP.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It's from their open gym behind the scenes series. It's been going for like 3 years now. Most of it is fluff pieces on players and the stuff they do on off days and community service.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

6-0
76 to go

He's staying.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

zapplez posted:

Can some explain to me why the wolves are so bad when they have a bunch of really good players?

the corner stone of their franchisee has been transformed into a bitchboy who doesn't want the ball.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the Wizards are such a trash team of very good players. they consistently gently caress up like a team trying to tank

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

the buzzer for the timeout already passed and the Pelican guys were heading back on the floor. this wasn't a BIG SPY operation just a guy being annoying. I agree that Hill flopped and Ed Davis did nothing wrong, but dont pretend like they the game wasn't decided because D'Angelo had the ball with 8 seconds left and no one near him and decided to no look it out of bounds

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

How was the raptors game tonight?
oscillated between Raptors +5 to Raptors +17. Dallas never led but took and hit a ton of threes (mostly in the 3rd). DeAndre was fantastic from the line and Doncic was wet. The Raps scored every time they actually ran a play (which was rare b/c everyone figured they could get buckets whenever they pleased, Dallas has terrible D) . Lorenzo was actually good but the whole bench is bad without Fred or Delon running it.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

i know they're already behind the Wolves but the Wizards will def lead the league in the most Players Only Meetings

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Spacebump posted:

What is your opinion on Jalen Brunson? I didn't realize Smith was missing the game until I saw the box score. Carlisle seems to already trust Brunson more than most of the guards Dallas has had this decade. Crazy for a 2nd round pick to gain that trust so fast.

He was pretty poised and had some real nice step backs 3s after coming around DeAndre screens although other times he sorta put himself in no mans land just inside the line. ideally he should work at his finishing at the rim but i find thats harder for smaller guys to pick up.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

It used to be a running joke on Kornheisers radio show that the Wizard start every season 9-20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Bring Back Blatt

• Locked thread