Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Toxicroak will probably hit pretty hard, but a double psychic weakness is going to be hellish with all the psychic type legendaries around this gen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/XSOgfv2.gifv

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

Louisgod posted:

Nope, just using pinaps when able, each of the starters spawn a ton at my work.

I'd save the rare candy for when we have an idea of what's considered a rare spawn this time around. Garchomp, Lucario and Toxicroak are my guesses. May be saving candies for the big legendaries when they're out too.
I guess Niantic is following the lead of Let's Go, making absolutely sure that everyone will catch 'em all and not making anything remotely difficult any more.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I have a great fondness for Mamoswine for how well she kills Garchomp and the other common attackers in the regular game. Mamoswine and Togekiss.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
As an ice-type lover I am totally all in for Glaceon.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

mastershakeman posted:

That's nice considering nonlegendary gen1 appears to be the best attackers in everything except for dark and fairy (and Gardevoir doesn't get fairy quick attack)

Does a Fairy quick attack even exist in this game?

I have hundreds and hundreds of Murkrow candy. I am ready for Honchcrow.

Box wine
Apr 6, 2005

ah crap

Louisgod posted:

Pokemon related: Not sure if DoomInaBox is a goon or not but we're going to become best friends tomorrow. You're level 40 so not sure if you care or not BUT be aware.

That's me and nope don't care. Enjoy being 200k closer to 40 yourself.

Also the shinx craze is weird but fun. I'm enjoying hunting lvl1 raids for a change.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
I've been the bearer of bad news to people irl and in Discord because they keep expecting Glaceon/Leafeon to come out and somehow lump Sylveon in there and I'm like uhhh you got 2 more years minimum to wait for that one.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I always think Sylveon is the grass one because sylvan is a word meaning "consisting of or associated with woods; wooded."

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
I approve of Niantic's implementation of Bidoof that has him popping out of all the lvl1 eggs instead of Shinx.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beachcomber posted:

I always think Sylveon is the grass one because sylvan is a word meaning "consisting of or associated with woods; wooded."
fairies are in the woods

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Max seen is 397 if you get deoxys right?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
Attn: tomorrow is community day, it has 4x hatch speed for eggs, but only for eggs you put in an incubator during the event. I.e. a 10km egg becomes a 2.5 km egg when you put it into an incubator. Any eggs you have in your incubators now will still incubate as slowly as normally. You will not get 4x the kilometers for walking.

Finish your current eggs before the event and only incubate more once the event has already started.

Wheany fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Oct 20, 2018

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Is that in a normal incubator or a special one? I have 7 10ks saved up.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Cowslips Warren posted:

Is that in a normal incubator or a special one? I have 7 10ks saved up.

All incubators, special ones hatch even faster.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
PSA: Meteor Mash is even stronger than expected and will make Community Day Metagross one of the best generalist attackers. Better than Shadow Claw Gengar and just below Shadow Ball Mewtwo. Grind hard tomorrow!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Aw poo poo, tomorrow. I got all hype cause I got it in my head that Beldum Day was in... four minutes.

On the bright side this handy chart just got posted in our local Discord.

Edit: Anyone have opinions about PokeGenie Pro? I'm on iOS so the Android overlays are out. But I don't mind kicking the devs $5 CAD for automatic IV scanning if it works reasonably well.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 20, 2018

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
374&cp11,cp37,cp62,cp88,cp113,cp139,cp164,cp190,cp215,cp241,cp265,cp289,cp313,cp337,cp361,cp385,cp409,cp434,cp458,cp482,cp506,cp530,cp554,cp578,cp602,cp626,cp651,cp675,cp699,cp723,cp735,cp747,cp759,cp771,cp783&hp10,hp15,hp20,hp24,hp27,hp30,hp33,hp35,hp37,hp40,hp42-43,hp45,hp47,hp49-50,hp52-53,hp55-56,hp58-60,hp62-65,hp67-72

Copy that into your keyboard replacement.

If I type $beldum, that pops out. I can go into my Pokédex and hit search and type $beldum and if I have a match, I’ll have a 100% Beldum.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Dr Tran posted:

If I type $beldum, that pops out. I can go into my Pokédex and hit search and type $beldum and if I have a match, I’ll have a 100% Beldum.

I thought the way these things worked was that they'll rule out anything that isn't 100%, but a match doesn't necessarily mean it's a 100%er - it could be worse IVs of a higher level.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It has been windy for the past two days here so I am looking forward to partly cloudy tomorrow :yeah:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

It has been windy for the past two days here so I am looking forward to partly cloudy tomorrow :yeah:

Forecast for tomorrow: 3C and wet snow with winds up to 40km/h

Lets hope I have better shiny luck than I did with the last event.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Forecast for tomorrow: 3C and wet snow with winds up to 40km/h

Lets hope I have better shiny luck than I did with the last event.

Snow during this event would rock.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Mustached Demon posted:

Snow during this event would rock.

It's gonna be too warm for snow here but yeah that would work as well.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Any feelings any way about the Community Day Box? 3x Incubator, 3x Lucky Egg, 1x Lure, 20x Ultra Ball. I want some Lucky Eggs for tomorrow, but that's the worst way to do it right?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

FistEnergy posted:

PSA: Meteor Mash is even stronger than expected and will make Community Day Metagross one of the best generalist attackers. Better than Shadow Claw Gengar and just below Shadow Ball Mewtwo. Grind hard tomorrow!

effin' a. that rules since shiny metagross is one of the raddest shinies in the entire series.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
It's a pretty crappy box

Now where's my 100 Coin storage upgrades you jerks

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
Honestly Niantic seems to have given up on giving us nice things like double exp and shop discounts. No use waiting on sales or mass evolving Pidgey at the right time anymore.

Hope everyone's cleaning their mon storage tonight.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1053873718714236928?s=19

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

lmfao

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Does that include Aus? Cause I got a good haul and wouldn't mind evolving another Gross.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Every. Single. Time. LOL.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
meteor mash is a 2-bar 100 damage move

:vince:

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Did a deep cleaning of my Pokemon box and wound up getting it all the way down to 450/700 for tomorrow. :getin:

Still want a sale on storage expansion for items though.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Wouldn't be a community day without some network errors, our area was having some problems but it only lasted about 10 mins (for me anyway) but I'm not gonna say no to another day :D Although one of my friends pointed out its more for places like Hong Kong and Taiwan where they apparently didn't get any spawning? Still gonna hold on to hope though.

Ended today with 6 shinies and 7 Metagross (2 shiny) but all average IV wise all the 80-90s were under level 10 and not worth the candy investment. My friend managed to score a 98 iv shiny.

Also at one point near the start of the event, a very confused policeman pulled up to our group and asked what the heck everyone was doing with their phones lol

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 21, 2018

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Dragonstoned posted:

Also at one point near the start of the event, a very confused policeman pulled up to our group and asked what the heck everyone was doing with their phones lol

The one universal experience playing Pokemon Go.

X13Fen
Oct 18, 2006

"Is that an accurate quote? It should be.
I think about it often enough."
My best catch on community day

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

The celebi quest wants me to trade. :argh:

Any way to make some kind of secondary dummy account so I can trade with myself or something?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Avalerion posted:

The celebi quest wants me to trade. :argh:

Any way to make some kind of secondary dummy account so I can trade with myself or something?

Make friends?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Two shiny Beldum. Woot. Got a silver Metagross now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

What’s the best fast move to go with Meteor Mash?