Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
When you click on chimchar his animation looks like he is furiously humping the air

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

Dear Fake James,

Why my storage is always near full:

Raids:
I participate in one car raids, so I have to have the best counters to maximize efficiency. I usually have 3 battle parties preset for weather, and raid boss movesets. This accounts for most multiples of the same Pokemon.
I maxed out six Gyarados for a tourney I participated in only for Gyarados to be replaced by Kyogre like a month later.

Gyms:
Everyone should have 6 maxed out Machamps by now. Then assorted other counters. And then a fleet of Blissey, Chansey and Snorlax to stick in gyms.

Living dex:
I had a scanner, so I have hundos of almost everything. Multiple hundos. I think I'm holding fifteen 100% Magikarp. I like that I can fill in a role of pretty much every gym theme imaginable.

Gender dex:
Yeah, that too.

Shiny dex:
I can't part with my shinies.

Lucky dex:
I've transferred a lot of these, but you can only transfer one at a time. I neglect to transfer bad ones right away.

Legacy moves:
I have a completely useless Starmie with Quick Attack and Psybeam I don't know what to do with yet. Plenty more Pokemon like this.

Pikachu hats:
Stupid stupid stupid shits. But I have to have one of every hat to stick in a gym.

Unown:
The scanner was fruitful, so I have one of almost every letter. I've had a bunch of events near me, so I have a lot of duplicates.

Community day Pokes:
Still have way too many Sunglass Squirtle and Frenzy Plant Meganium at the moment.

Trade pokes:
As long as I don't need to unfriend someone, I'll hold some nice Pokemon for trade. I also trade Pikachu, small rats and large karp with some friends so we hold them for each other until we play together.

Waiting for double candy:
Biggest reason I have no space left. So many Legendaries I'm waiting to transfer.

hell yeah

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Fake James posted:

I understand the hostility. Hoarders regularly turn to anger when confronted about the garbage they hold on to like shoeboxes, old newspapers, high CP but low IV pokemon, fast food wrappers, a living gender dex, rusty bicycles,

Face the fact that you have been severely owned by Dr Tran

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I think that’s happened to me once or twice. I would either try unpairing it completely from the phone or let the battery drain completely and pair it again.

Usually when it acts funky for me the battery is low.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Untrustable posted:

Is the go-tcha sold at GameStop the same as the ones you can get from codejunkies? If so I'm gonna hit GameStop before community day starts and grab one for me and one for my wife.

Same as far as I can tell. Bought mine at GameStop a few months ago and haven’t looked back.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

It was windy for like the first time in months this weekend so luckily we had boosted Beldum for all 3 hours. Got quite a few shinies, one over 700cp. Ended up with 7 Metagross in total, all over 3000cp. Also did a boosted mewtwo raid earlier in the day and got a 100IV that I caught on the last ball.

A good day overall.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Caught a shiny drifloon and a 911 houndoor. A good start to Halloween

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

30 raids and you didn’t catch any? H...how?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

It irritates me that if you start a raid close to when the timer runs out and then you get a network error or your game freezes which causes you to exit the catch screen, you lose the chance to catch the Pokémon because the raid timer is now expired.

How is this acceptable?

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

It’d be nice if they could change it so the reward is like a field quest encounter cause there is so many ways a raid encounter can get hosed up.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

tangy yet delightful posted:

I do want to get the dex for Mewtwo at some point but I suppose you are right that it will come back again and when it does I'll just have to make an effort for it. The only bummer is my shiny is super low IVs, maybe I can trade with someone that also has one and reroll the IVs instead.

honestly if you ask around someone will probably be willing to trade you a lovely IV mewtwo they have for a lot less than something shiny. Might take a while but I bet you could find someone nice enough to do it. It will help if you have a lot of ultra friends in your raid group.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Niantic trolls Pokémon go players so well lmao

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I’m a gym moocher. I’ve probably never taken down a full gym with max motivation and usually just pop my stuff into open slots. Seems to work well for my area and can usually get 200 coins per week with minimal effort.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Let us know when she starts wearing his skull on her head like a cubone

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

the evolved form of stunky should have been stanky :colbert:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

fuckin lmao a whole month of it

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I got 2 shiny gengar, one was 98 IV. Caught 2 shiny pinsir including a 2032 cp 91 IV after checking probably 70.

Wife caught a shiny pinsir, shiny murkrow, and a IV 100 gengar.

Friend caught 3 shiny pinsir all within 2 minutes of each other and a shiny murkrow.

The raid day combined with boosted pinsir spawns made this 10x better than just a big rear end raid train.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

lmao who gives a poo poo about any of that. I’m sure niantic will ban the entire discord group if they find out you Raid with a multi-accounter

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

In a game where there is no direct competition I’m here to enforce arbitrary rules about the ways people are allowed to have fun

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Was driving to community day and my car got rear ended and totaled. A+ would do community day again.

edit: still got a couple shinies at home

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Nov 10, 2018

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

If I still had hopes and dreams, I wouldn’t be playing this game

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

My 4146 CP slaking decreased to 4038 CP. Not as bad as I thought, still over 4K.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Silver Falcon posted:

So... what does the CP rebalancing mean for more casual players, if anything? All I know about CP is big number = better.

Blisseys are slightly easier to take down in a gym if you even bother to do that sort of thing as a casual.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Caught 2 shiny Pikachus in a row :wth:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

FistEnergy posted:

Extremely Lmao

Espeon and Umbreon were just added to the Tier 3 Raid pool but the game doesn't assign them a base catch rate so it automatically sets catch rate to 1%. And throw bonuses and berries do nothing. So you're not going to catch either unless you get extremely lucky or hit a critical catch.

Avoid until patched.

Lol god drat how are they so bad at this

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Paging dr Tran to the thread to make me feel bad about the number of shinies I got

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I just got a sinnoh stone on my alt for battling and losing so you can get them.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

So there are four possible chances (1 vs trainer, 3 PvP) per day to get a sinnoh stone. Between me, my alt, and my wife over two days (24 possible chances) we have gotten two sinnoh stones.

As a side note, my alts items were full and I thought it missed out (no reward given - just the item full notification). On the next battle it received 500 stardust and a sinnoh stone. So if you get the item full error I think the reward carries over to the next battle. To be safe though it’s probably best to make sure you have item space before battling.

edit: did the battles today and now it’s up to 4/36 - so maybe 1 in 10ish?

slave to my cravings fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Dec 14, 2018

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

I’ve spent almost 3 million dust on 2nd charge moves

Which Pokémon have you been buying second charge moves for? I’ve looked at a few charts but I’m not sure I’ve found worthwhile ones yet.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Just got a in game news pop up that Heatran is the new T5. Glad it’s not the lake trio.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Caught a 1000cp 100IV delibird today :tipshat:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

I took a before screenshot before the event and I am now over 600 catches into Delibird and no shiny.

:same:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

PlasticAutomaton posted:

So uh, I thought training with the gym leaders was the way to actually get these drat Sinnoh stones but I can't even find an option to do that. Did they take that out of the game or is it arcane to even get to?

Training with gym leaders is available under the in tracker (dumb I know). You only get rewards for the first time you train per day. You can also get rewards by fighting against other trainers (ultra and best friends from anywhere in the world) up to three times per day.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

got 400 meltan candy but all the meltans suck

rip

See if you can find someone to trade meltan a with >700cp once per day. That’s the only way I got a 87IV melting worth evolving. Took me about a week or so.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Hatched 4 munchlax out of 10 or so eggs on my alt account today but only trash on my main.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I mean the more events the better in this game but that feebas day concept sounds weird. It’s almost unplayable if the t5 is trash and there isn’t an event that boosts rare Pokémon.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

I’ve never gotten a shiny from any field research outside of that squirtle community day :saddowns:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Ended up with 5 shinies, wife got 6 and we only played for like an hour before the winter storm was going to hit.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

The weather boost system seems totally bonkers now. It seems to have no effect on spawns whatsoever. It’s been snowing and windy for the past few days and outside of the occasional abra spawns all I see are bugs, poison, and grass. The weather stuff wasn’t perfect before but having the biome completely dominate all spawns is worse.

edit: I guess I’m mad because I’ve had that catch 10 ice Pokémon for about a week now and I thought I’d finally get some in the last two days but nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Honestly my discord group seems to be good enough that whatever in game raid coordination system niantic half develops would just detract from the experience or significantly slow the game down. I certainly understand the need for an in game communication system but I really don’t trust niantic to do it without loving up raids via disconnections or lag for like 3 months. Why they still have in game notifications that you can’t turn off is still a mystery to me.