Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Arceus H. Pokemon...

Suggestions for OP:

- Add something about the Go-tcha; lots of people ask about Go-tchas.
- CLICK HERE TO BE OUR FRIEND AND GET A FATICATE BIDOOF
- Make a reserved second for event info - oh, too late.

e: also add this to OP

Crosspeice posted:

It's go time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Pomplamoose posted:

You forgot:

• Luvdisk → Alomomola

The fact that this isn't actually true is still the biggest bullshit decision Game Freak has ever made. :argh:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My wife needs 3 friends for the Celebi quest. She's already in the spreadsheet but if anyone new can add her, that'd be awesome. Thanks!

5897 7357 4995

e: man that was fast, she got her 3 already. Thanks again!

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 17, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Dear Fake James,

Eat my god drat rear end you gently caress

Whoa! Looks like someone wants to get ultra friend deleted!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I've caught a bunch of Turtwig and Piplup already. I've seen Chimchar on radar but haven't had one actually show up for me. I'll probably have to hunt them down later.

e: A Chimchar finally spawned for me, and the fucker ran after it broke out of the first ball! :argh:

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 17, 2018

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

My biggest gotcha problem is my phone pushing POGO out of memory. It's not all the time which makes it worse, but I usually try to check in every 20 minutes or so to make sure the app didn't close.

From what I've read, on Android at least, the phone has a much larger chance of killing PoGo in the background if you have 2 GB of RAM or less.

I did some experimenting with my 5X, which only has 2 GB RAM. It usually has around 600-700 MB free for apps at any point, and PoGo takes up around 450 MB. So opening almost anything else on top of that will force-quit PoGo.

I wish I knew of a way to safely reduce System RAM usage, but I don't. I'll upgrade to a better phone eventually.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

you fed me, you gave me clothes, you brought me to school... but you chopped off some skin off my dick and you must pay, see you in court you son of a bithc.

Now that's a thread title!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I'm almost out of Pinaps for the first time in months, thanks to all the new spawns.

Furnaceface posted:

There is only one choice for gen4

Should have already had hundreds of Sneasel candy by now. Slackers!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

We had windy weather all day yesterday so all Beldums were boosted! Caught somewhere around 100 Beldum, got 6 shinies, evolved two with Meteor Mash.

My wife and I started losing our minds after hour 2. "IT'S BELDUM!" "IT'S BEDLAM!" "IT'S BELDUM BEDLAM!!"

And last night before I went to bed I caught a 100IV Duskull. :getin:

Parrotine posted:

Infernape looks like a Stand from Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and when I get one I'm naming mine Magician's Red in a way that'll fit the tiny name character limit

Magician's Red Asscheeks

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I think Niantic scaled back on the gen4 starters, I went from getting a TON of them a day to virtually nothing now.

:same:

Wouldn't be surprised if they dialed back the new spawns after Community Day ended. Although, I'm still getting a decent amount of Bidoof/Starly/Buneary as common trash, and I am still seeing a higher-than-usual amount of evolved spawns.

Now if only a nearby gym would spawn a Shinx raid already...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Fake James posted:

That Chrales guy uncovered some info - Halloween tasks, avatar items, and a 3 stage non-mythical special research quest for Spiritomb that will involve catching 108 pokemon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9qn0jo/new_halloween_special_research_by_chrales/

No word on when it all starts, I would like to guess today considering Mewtwo is getting replaced this afternoon, but I doubt it as we haven't received an official announcement yet.

That's pretty awesome.

On the other hand, they missed a golden opportunity to get really dark and require you to transfer 108 Pokemon, given the implications of transferring...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Kirijama posted:

Also:
  • Special research features Spiritomb
  • Additional Field Research focusing on Ghost- and Dark- types
  • New Ghost-type Pokemon items in the style shop
  • 2x Catch Candy

Heck yeah I love double candy events! And new Pokemon!

Hopefully we get a new boot screen. We've been walking on the beach for long enough now!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

"Fun? In our game?? Cant have that!"

When did Blizzard acquire Niantic? :v:

I'm actually relieved they stopped giving occasional bonuses to evolutions and transfers. This means I don't have to constantly hoard trash for min-maxing.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

OgreNoah posted:

I just got a shiny Drifloon, it's the cutest!

:swoon:

I like Drifloon.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

My friend is working on the Celebi quest. Please add him! Thanks!

1143 3484 4029

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

This is :krad: and I did not see this coming at all.

Time to download Google Fit I guess?!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Bobulus posted:

Interesting. So if I can get this to sync properly, when the weather gets bad and it's too icy to go walking, I can use count steps on a treadmill?

A pedometer would be too abusable. They'll likely only use distance tracking.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah I'm not gonna bother with the Gengar raids but I'm sure lots of people will still be trying for a shiny.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yukari posted:

Brother just bought a Gotcha, and is having issues pairing it. Aside from "forget the device and re-pair it", were there any other steps in getting it to work? Mine worked like a charm... for now, so I don't really know what other debug steps there were. He also updated it via the gotcha app.

- What happens when he tries to connect the Go-tcha? Does the game throw any errors/messages?
- What kind of phone?
- Is the Go-tcha fully charged? I've noticed it has more trouble connecting properly if it's not freshly charged.

If I have Go-tcha connection problems, this is what I do to make sure everything has a clean slate:

- Turn off Bluetooth and force-close Go.
- Open the Go-tcha's device settings, switch to the 5th option (Pairing - it's the one after Vibration), toggle it to X, and wait a few seconds for the screen to shut off.
- Turn on Bluetooth and start Go.
- Try to connect the Go-tcha.

There was a fairly recent update to the game that resolved a lot of unexplainable Go+/Go-tcha pairing problems. I have almost no issues with it now; I'd say the majority of the time it's just me failing to charge it. The display will activate and the phone will pair it, but the game still won't fully connect to it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hell yeah, bring on the trash shinies!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i use the gently caress outta butterfree whenever i can in the main games

it got totally screwed in not getting a mega evolution like beedrill did

Mega Butterfree with massive Special Attack and some broken ability would have been amazing.

Actually, regular Butterfree already gets Tinted Lens as a hidden ability... so just let it keep that.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I must have missed something; are we able to get the exclusive moves by evolving instead of doing the raids?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Extra luck for me tonight! Caught a shiny witch hat Pikachu, and my latest 10k egg hatched a Riolu! :hellyeah:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Unsinkabear posted:

How do you guys find local Discords? Facebook? Reddit? The one for my area seems oddly dead relative to the amount of gym and raid activity I see in the wild, and I'm wondering if there is a more active one I'm missing

I found mine via Facebook. Look for active Pokemon Go groups in your area and join them, then look to see if there are active discords.

There's also a Discord atlas on The Silph Road: https://thesilphroad.com/map/

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah I really like the precise tracking and the fact that I don't have to keep the phone screen on the whole time and kill my battery. Excellent feature.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I didn't do any raids, but I did burn a whole bunch of candy and evolved three good Gastly.

Also my wife caught *three* shiny Pinsir today, almost one after the other!

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Untrustable posted:

So is there some magic to make adventure sync work? My Gear Fit tracks my walking distance during work. At the end of the day I sync that data to Google Fit. I have adventure sync activated in PoGo but it's not scraping the data from Google Fit.

This might not work for you due to how the data is synced into Fit:

https://thesilphroad.com/news/adventure-sync-breakdown-summary/

quote:

The current consensus is that ALL 3rd party fitness trackers will NOT credit distance towards weekly goals UNLESS they have native support for HealthKit or Google Fit (in essence, only the Apple Watch). All 3rd party apps that rely on an intermediary ‘sync/import’ app are counted as “manual input” data, which could be easily falsified and appears to be disallowed by Pokémon GO. Claims of various 3rd party peripherals or ‘sync’ apps earning in-game distance credit are believed to be mis-attributing distance awarded from the prior week before the feature launch. They should not see distance credited in-game moving forward if the Pokémon GO app is COMPLETELY closed.

So right now the only guaranteed way to get Adventure Sync to do its thing is to have your phone in your pocket with the screen off and tracking your steps. Or have a wearable device with native health app support.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

To anyone in here that also plays Ingress, they finally released the Ingress Prime app.

HookShot posted:

Shiny Ponyta is so loving fire its' ridiculous.

Obligatory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuJsqERhgeU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Okay, it took me a while to figure out why they're doing shiny Cubone and Ponyta, until I realized it's because the shiny colors are green and blue - the colors of the Ingress factions. That makes a lot more sense.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Scooped up a shiny Ponyta with the Go-tcha on my way to work! :smug:

Parrotine posted:

Oh! I figured out the issue with my Android!

It was the Power Saving mode; apparently the game cant collect Fit data if you have PS turned on in the background. Once I turned it off and tested out the Fit it worked out great :thumbsup:

drat, I wish I'd seen your messages before; that's one of the common hangups with Adventure Sync. Glad it's working now.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Sanford posted:

You know what after I posted that I spent all day thinking “surely not” so I checked in with my friend. His wife and their son were at a Ho-Oh raid and the kid was scared of missing it because he’d already failed to catch one. He asked his mum to help and this random guy they’ve never spoken to twice snatched (not slapped!) the phone out of her hands and handed it back to the kid, telling him he needed to catch his own Pokémon. She tried to laugh it off but then the lad started crying (because of the scary dickhead) and some other guy came over and basically told him to gently caress off. The delicious icing on the cake was a message posted that evening in their discord/FB/whatever reminding everyone that their community rules say you’ve got to catch your own Pokémon or you won’t be allowed in raids.

:yikes: Is that rear end in a top hat running the local group or something? Our group would never tolerate someone behaving like that.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Reports of Buizel now appearing in the wild, as well.

e:f;b

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Budew in eggs now:

https://twitter.com/pokemongoapp/status/1059924655543382022?s=21

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Soulex posted:

No considering. You dont just go up and do that to people. Some times social learning takes more than scolding.

Yeah, uh, don't actually go and start hitting people in the name of vigilante PokeJustice.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

My Gotcha caught me a shiny Ponyta :woop:

:same: Got my second last night. Now I can evolve my good one! :getin:

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Apparently baby Pokemon are now hatching in 7km eggs. That's great! I was getting tired of having to wait until my egg slots were full before opening gifts.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

Can Buizel be shiny?

Doesn't look like it. We would have gotten reports on TSR by now.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

When I take a gym that some people have held for multiple hours and then someone immediately takes it back one of my favorite things to do is just take it back and then not put anything in so it sits there for ten minutes with nothing.

I like this. It's the equivalent of just glaring at someone and then going "Really, dude??"

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Today I learned that you can skip the gift-opening animation by tapping to open the gift and then tapping the X until you back out. Pretty handy if you're like me and forget to open gifts until 11:55 pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Another thing I wish they would do is add in more friend list management tools. Being able to sort by reverse alphabet or put letters under separate tabs would be really handy.