Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I am going to be very sad if I lose my collection of cp 69, cp 420 and cp 666 ‘mons with the stat rebalance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
You just need un-pair the device from bluetooth and then re-pair it again. It happens all the time to me. It’s a quick and easy fix.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Oh wow! I had no idea chimecho could be found in the wild. I sure am a lucky boy!

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It’s frustrating to have Niantic to be able to coast by just due to having the Pokemon property. Two years in and we finally have something resembling a real game.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Lol. To grind out the gold trainer medal as efficiently as possible it still takes 17 hours of tapping.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I wish they would increase the spawn rates of Sinnoh stone pokemon when they release new evolutions.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Adventure sync rewards are pretty dogshit for the distance walked. The rewards were totally acceptable for effort pre-nerf.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It took me around 1500 - 2000 photos for my smeargle to pop up.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I just mashed every 100-200 pictures and would back out to see if anything would happen.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Man people can take this game way too seriously.

I was out this morning walking my dog and took a few gyms out along the way. My wife got a dm through our local discord threatening us to leave those gyms alone because they were the one that created the portals/gyms through Ingress and deserve to be the first one to get gold at them.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
My wife knows exactly who it is. I think she’s going to message the discord admin and see what they’ll do about it.

For some reason most of the red team players are huge selfish assholes compared to everyone else in my city.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It feels so strange to be at a point where I finally have caught and hatched everything I can get not counting regionals and Unown.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
What’s hosed up is that you need to walk 15km with bonsly if you want to evolve it.

Although, what mad man would want to evolve that cute little dude?

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I still can’t imagine spending real money to fight a raid with such insanely garbage mechanics.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Also IVs barely matter unless you trying to solo/duo really difficult stuff. The effectiveness of an 80% compared to a 100% Pokemon is about 2% more effectiveness/dps.

Chase the 100% IVs for fun but it’s not a huge deal. Most hardcore players are the only ones that care a ton about IVs because there is no other big goal for them to chase.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Have fun digging through this website.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/attackers-tier-list

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I’m all about completing my Pokédex, so I spend all my rare candies towards evolving new guys.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I haven’t even bothered to turn on my gotcha for catching during this event.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
If only they planned a bug themed event to introduce a gen 4 bug-type Pokemon.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I can’t even notice the increased bug spawns compared to what I usually find.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
They need some more sandals for the ladies.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Lucky night for me. Got a shiny latios and the next pokemon I tapped on was a shiny mareep.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/bdu6bg/timeline_of_generation_iv_releases/

Timeline of Gen 4 Releases

October 16, 2018

Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra
Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape
Piplup, Prinplup, Empoleon
Starly, Staravia, Stararaptor
Bidoof, Bibarel
Kricketot, Kricketune
Buneary, Lopunny
Shinx, Luxio, Luxray
Riolu, Lucario
Chatot
Carnivine
Pachirisu

October 23, 2018

Drifloon, Drifblim
Stunky, Skuntank
Spiritomb
Giratina (Altered)

November 6, 2018

Budew
Buizel, Floatzel

November 14, 2018

Rhyperior
Magmortar
Electivire
Mismagius
Gliscor
Porygon-Z
Honchkrow
Weavile
Roserade
Togekiss
Dusknoir

November 20, 2018

Cresselia

December 18, 2018

Bronzor, Bronzong
Skorupi, Drapion
Croagunk, Toxicroak
Finneon, Lumineon
Snover, Abomasnow
Chingling
Munchlax
Mantyke
Heatran

January 29, 2019

Palkia

January 31, 2019

Ambipom
Lickilicky
Tangrowth
Yanmega
Gallade
Froslass
Cranidos, Rampardos
Shieldon, Bastiodon
Combee, Vespiquen
Glameow, Purugly
Bonsly

February 16, 2019

Happiny

February 16, 2019

Mamoswine

March 2, 2019

Dialga

April 2, 2019

Giratina (Origin)

Basically outside of raids we’ve gotten gently caress all since January.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I lucked into a blue turtle for my wife through my gotcha this morning and then she managed to find one for me while out on a walk with our dog.

I’ve had crazy shiny luck this week. Back to back shiny latios, a pink sheep and now some Mario Kart bullshit.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Niantic is pulling some real bullshit removing lapras from research for May just as the shiny was added to the game.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Rip in peace 5 star raids for the summer.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
My wife caught one too last week and named it Creamsicle.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I would say it’s just really loving boring instead of unplayable.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
Niantic can’t even do the standard f2p game procedure of giving the customer a discounted price/bonus for buying its currency and actually charges more money for buying coins in bulk of more than 100.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
https://youtu.be/tAA_yWX8ycQ

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
If you don’t name your detective pikachu Ryan Reynolds you’re a cop.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Now I am the Magikarp.

Is there a place that keeps track of which legendaries are available and when? I'm hoping to get an Azelf this weekend before they become rare again, and my buddy has a few duplicates he can trade once he's not dust broke.

https://thesilphroad.com

This website has information for everything you would want to know while playing.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
My solution to fix my adventure sync problems was to delete the app and reinstall it. Restarting your phone might help too.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
IV’s make at most a pokemon 10% better from zero to 100%. They only matter if you are trying insane 1-2 person raid challenges or min/maxed pvp mons. They aren’t really worth considering unless you find the chase to get a 100% mon a fun endeavour.

So few pokemon are worth using in raids outside of legendaries no matter their IV’s.

Pvp is a whole other meta that I don’t pay attention to.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Fake James posted:

Jump Start research has begun.

Edit: removed friend code. Thanks guys!

Invite sent.

9871 7172 3148 is mine if anyone needs a new friend.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
I made a regional burner account this morning and it’s been really fun getting up to level 15 with barely any effort. I went from level 10 to 15 in an hour just sitting on my couch.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008
It’s also one of those situations where it snowballs. The more raids you do, the easier it is to fight raids solo with your good raid Pokémon.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

tildes posted:

Also wow EX raid invites are hard to get in big metro areas. I did like 50 raids in the past week and ended up without an EX invite this round -- as far as I can tell it's because I was mostly raiding either in really big busy CBDs or near my random minimal traffic local gyms.

You are only eligible for Ex Raid passes by doing raids at Ex gyms.

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Duckman2008 posted:

So I’m off for community day, which is a nice change of pace. Is Swampert with Hydro cannon a good Pokémon?

He’ll be the best non legendary water attacker.

https://m.imgur.com/a/Qzfvf0p

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Swerdlow
Jul 24, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Are there more handy charts like that for the other types? I'm trying to beef up my Raid attackers and it'd be nice to have a comprehensive list of what I should focus on.

https://pokemongo.gamepress.gg/attackers-tier-list

This site is a really good resource. The Silph Road reddit is great too.