Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
What's the point of a new thread?

And also, I'm confused about this part in the op: 'Pokémon in a gym are organized by the order in which they were placed by their owner. Go ahead, put a Pidgey in slot #6 behind a Blissey, Dragonite, Tyranittar, Gyrados, and Ampharos. You'll be glad you did!'

What does this mean? :downsgun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Vegastar posted:

Anyway, now if you drop trash in the 6th slot, somebody will have to knock out everything else in front, regardless of how lovely your drop is.

Yeah ok, but what's the point of dropping a trash pokemon in that spot? Does it earn more gold or something like that?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
So for the weekly field research thingie. I completed it now, but I don't want to claim the reward now because it's a Suicuine or w/e.
I can just wait until it's something else and then claim the reward right?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Got a shiny beldrum but didn't catch enough to fully evolve it. Ah well, first shiny ever, that's something I guess

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Prop Wash posted:

Caught probably around 250ish today at the mall that usually hosts Safari Zone in Europe. Absolutely nuts, and the best part is that because it’s Sunday the stores aren’t allowed to open. It was just thousands of people walking around a closed mall. Like Wheany I also stopped gotchaing after a while because of their run rate.
How big is this mall? drat

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just bought a Gotcha and wow, it looks like a piece of crap. Literally take it out of the packaging and the front plastic cover falls off.
I also read the instructions, and it said something about needing to reconnect your phone every 5-7 minutes when idle. That can't be right, can it? Kinda defeats the whole point of the device.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Fake James posted:

You most likely got a fake one. Where did you buy it from?

Just picked it up in a toystore here. They also had a gotcha ranger or something. It looks legit though, it's just that the front plate thingie fell off. I'll see if it actually works and I'll return it on monday.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I just put some transparent tape on it the gotcha to hold on the front plate. It seems to pair and work pretty good. It's auto catching Pokemon fine, haven't been able to test the auto collect Pokestop function though. I'll probably change the settings to only capture new Pokemon, otherwise it just burns through balls.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Welp, I'm hooked on this game again after not playing for ~6 months.
Gonna go for a walk this afternoon and I'm already excited about all the Pokestuff I can encounter.
Also redownloaded CalcyIV and spent a ton of time scanning and renaming all my Pokemons. That app sure gives you a lot of information, it's crazy.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Wow, this gotcha thing is pretty neat. I can just ride my bike to work and it spins and catches a ton of pokemon. I have a ton of koffings and ekans :thumbsup:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
When do you guys evolve a pokemon? Is there a min IV you're looking for? Something else I'm not aware of?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
How do you even dodge? :confused: I just randomly tap my screen when I'm fighting stuff??

Also, I have a ton of Pikachu's with strawhats or with baseball caps. Is there any reason to hang on to those? My storage is getting full...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Thanks, figured as much. I'll send them all to the glue factory in that case.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Used the gotcha all day today after it being delivered yesterday. Random thoughts:
- God drat this thing owns
- God drat this thing just vacuumed all my pokeballs
- This thing loves to notify me twice that the pokestop I just drove by is out of range while also failing to spin the thing.
- There are a lot more stops along my work commute loop I was not even aware were there!
- Collecting stops (when going slow enough) is super awesome.
- The wristband that came with it is extremely small and there's no way I can fit this thing in the opening without breaking something.

I changed it to only try collecting unknowns but I think that's based on whatever log this keep track of instead of my account/dex progress because it was still trying to catch poo poo I already had. Or maybe I didn't reset/set the thing up properly.

Either way, this thing's pretty fun
Yeah, the best part of it is it just spinning and collecting every stop you pass.
The catching is also pretty cool, but like you said, burns through regular balls. And you end up with 800 koffings and ekans...
If you haven't already, download the gotcha app. It's way easier to adjust your settings in there, rather than deciphering all the icons on the tiny screen.
And I haven't even bothered using that wristband. I just plop it in my pocket and hop on my bike, collecting stuff on my way to work :getin:

Only annoying thing so far, apparently there's a bug that resets your journal when the gotcha tries to catch a pokemon but it flees. I like to see how many things it got for me, but oh well...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I stopped playing for ~6-8 months and was super stoked when I got a Latias. My next 7 day thingie is coming up and now I'm hoping it's something else obviously.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Ugh, my item storage is full again. How many times can I upgrade that? And what's your guys storage limit? Maybe I should just delete a ton of stuff :hmmyes:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh OK, I'm sitting at 600 right now and thought that was already more than I'd need lol

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Is there a way to either:
- delete eggs or
- increase egg storage space?

I want to throw out some eggs to make room for the event ones that only take 2 km to hatch. But unless I'm blind I see no button do transfer/delete eggs.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Yeah but I still only have one incubator (maybe two?) and I don't want to spend coins on getting another Alolean Sandslash

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I'm so sick of getting latios for my weekly reward and he's not even shiny

Just got a shiny Groudon out of my weekly reward :smuggo:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
How do the event eggs work? I just got one from a gift, but it looks just like a 7 km egg :confused:. If I pop that in an incubator, it should hatch after 2 km?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

BGrifter posted:

Notably missing is the SS hat.

I have an Obersturmbannführer Raichu if you're interested :commissar:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
My gotcha keeps vibrating for some dumb reason. Even though Pogo is closed and my Bluetooth is turned off. Really annoying, since I'm at work and suddenly my pocket starts to vibrate. Wtf

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Caught a shiny Christmas hat Pikachu and then hatched a Christmas hat Pichu. Now I need a Christmas hat Raichu for my Christmas cards to complete the family.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Oh right, I've been meaning to ask this. Is there a better way than the tiny circles to see when you'll become good/best/ultramega friends?
I've popped some eggs thinking that opening a gift would bring me to the next level, but apparently it didn't.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

redneck nazgul posted:

If you click on the circles, I think it shows the exact number of days.

:psypop:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Does it matter if you level up a pokemon first and then evolve it vs evolving it and then level it up?
Like, will the cp get higher if you do it a certain way?

seiferguy posted:

Possessed Grimer looks rad as heck:

Lol that's cool.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Gluten Freeman posted:

:same:

to both parts, actually, since I'm also on that research task. I've added you (as metis) but I need one more please: 578149789519

Added you. Since I'm also on that task. And I don't add friends unless something is in it for me :colbert:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Caught a shadow charmander. He looks cute, I think don't want to purify him for that quest :(

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Big McHuge posted:

Based on what I saw at GoFest you can pretty much just name your price for this one, congrats!

I have a shiny Christmas hat Pikachu. Can I also retire early?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
By the way, I finally caught a Ditto and am able to go to the next step on the research task.
'Evolve a Magikarp' :negative:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Can someone itt remind me to set Magikarp as my buddy in time for the water event? The candy distance for water pokemon gets halved during the event and I need like ~380 :downsgun:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

reignofevil posted:

Yeah absolutely.

Set magikarp as your buddy. You'll want to get that done prior to the water event as you need roughly 380 candy to evolve the karp and then you'll be able to move forward with your special research.

I mean if you're really feeling it, just set it as your buddy right now.

I'm walking Eevees right now. Should probably be done with that by Friday :f5:

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Aug 20, 2019

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I have 2 questions:
How does adventure sync work? It works with Google Fit right? And do you need a fitness tracker or something for that? I have a fitbit, but AFAIK I can't link that with Google Fit.

EDIT: found this page that explains everything. Sadly fitbit can't be used for adventure sync.

Do lucky eggs work with story research? There's the kickstarter research where you get like 100k, I'd love to pop an egg before I complete that.

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 20, 2019

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

OK thanks. And do I pop the egg when I actually complete the task (for example evolve a Dratini or w/e) or when I collect the reward?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
There are wishmurs all around me :confused:
I catch like 2-3 on a 2km walk.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Just caught my first ever 2k+ cp pokemon in the wild. I know it's nothing special, but I still think that's pretty cool.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
I have to win a level 3 raid for a field research task and I have no idea how. Are there any solo-able level 3 raids out there at the moment? I barely have time to play, so planning to meet up with several people to raid is kinda hard.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
^^ it's one of those story quest thingie tasks

I don't have Machamp :negative:
I'll try and catch some more Machops if I see any

EDIT: lol just checked. I need 70 more Machop candy

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 23, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Not always inversions but yeah, it's basically the same reason as why the early gen pokemon cries (with a few notable exceptions) are still screechy monstrosities-- restrictions on sound output and low number of available color palattes from the Game Boy/Game Boy Advance days. And of course they feel like they can't change it ever because the nostalgia grognards would complain.

The pokemon make sound? :monocle: