Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Ayyyyyy let's do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fly with me posted:

Were they starters?
Starter Pokemon have always had a modified catch rate.

Starters suck rear end. They're always tiny and too hard to catch.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah being able to encounter almost everything is a good thing and it's weird to think otherwise

I mean there's like 500 species if you're new, plus finding good IVs/moves, and shinies. There's a ton to do unless you've been sperging from the beginning.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Really good afternoon for me

https://ibb.co/fyLi1L
https://ibb.co/kP1O1L

:whatup:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The Gen 4 starters only seem Okay to me but I haven't fully evolved them yet and also I hate them for breaking out of so many berries and ultra balls

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
yeah well maybe i would love them more if they stopped trying to leave me

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
PSA: Meteor Mash is even stronger than expected and will make Community Day Metagross one of the best generalist attackers. Better than Shadow Claw Gengar and just below Shadow Ball Mewtwo. Grind hard tomorrow!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
It's a pretty crappy box

Now where's my 100 Coin storage upgrades you jerks

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
3 shinies for me. Evolved Zen+Mash on a 90 vanilla and an 85 shiny. Not bad but I was in a bad area today and had to rely mainly on Incense. Oh well.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I have horrible shiny IV luck as well. My 85% Beldum was a trade reroll.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

BGrifter posted:

The timing of EX raids is idiotic. They’re effectively walling off anyone with a job, kids, or in school from participating.

I mostly play at work, and I live far from work, so literally the only thing that works for me is daytime weekday EX raids. And I have 3 kids and I work 60-70 hours a week.

People have different lives and schedules, that's why they rotate the days and times.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
oh yeah, the EX raid system is total poo poo and almost anything different would be better by default

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Caught a perfect 100iv male Machamp! :slick:

I already had a perfect female so now I can breed an unstoppable army of champions

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I'm still seeing plenty of gen 4 starters and they're as infuriatingly hard to catch as ever. Once I evolve a high IV of all 3 I'm quitting them. I just need a Lucky Piplup on my main. My alt somehow has 4 95+ Luckies which is very annoying.

On the plus side, I self duo'd a Tyranitar raid today. Cloudy weather for my Machamp train and I finished with 45 seconds to spare. Some quick math tells me I would duo in neutral weather with roughly zero seconds to spare, and a bunch of my boys are only level 30-32.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Oct 23, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

kensei posted:

What is self-duo'd? You did it with a friend account in the raid but not active?

2 phones, 2 hands

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yay new pokeymans

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Fake James posted:

Yeah looks like it was fixed :(

I managed to get 2 at least, thankfully.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I could have tried 11 times

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Fun event. Ditched my last lingering "evolve 10 Water Types" quest. I did 6 or 7 and I'm almost out of candy and anyway we live in Spooky World now

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah how

I went 21/27 and I didn't really know how to target lock before this

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Losnhah and nope111111 send me a gift plz

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I blew my first 2 Giratina raids before figuring out the attack animation timing and then I bagged 5 in a row. Good day!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Yeah that's happened to me a few times and it's infuriating

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Ayyyyyy I caught a 98 Giratina and earned a nice long break from tier 5 raids

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I hope Bagon day is next. There's some chatter about it because the official Meltan evolution video showed a trainer with Bagon as the buddy.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Good. 3 hours for Shadow Claw on a weekend day would be BS.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Hex/Shadow Ball Gengar is still a good attacker and worth using. It dies quickly but does a lot of damage, which is what counts when you're up against the clock.

Also I broke down and bought the sweet Gengar hat. I tried to resist...

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I don't play on weekends unless I'm at home because I have a family and can't drive to phone game stuff, so I'll hate some of you for a day and then move on, nbd

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I gave up waiting and spent coins

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Whew good news, you can evolve to Lick Gengar during the event. So instead of rolling the dice on Raid Gengar IVs that need Charged TMs every time due to a worthless charge move, you can save up high IV Ghastlys during the Halloween event and mass evolve on Gengar Day. There's so many Ghastlys around right now that getting a squad of 90+ saved will be easy.

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Oct 29, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
:rip:

It'll still be good, don't worry about minmaxing a phone game

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Both are garbage so it really doesn't matter. I think you're better off taking another Legendary but it really doesn't matter.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Awww yeah baby 2x exraid passes for Tuesday the 6th. 1pm, just the way I like it. :slick:

also it would be Cool if Kyogre and Rayquaza would become available again since they're really strong and unavailable to 95% of players

FistEnergy fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Oct 29, 2018

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The boxes are rarely exactly what you want. They come and go regularly with the special events but there are never any timers.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
:ducksiren: FistEnergy Halloween Ultra Friend Extravaganza :ducksiren:

I will be cracking a Lucky Egg at 12pm EST tomorrow to hit Ultra Friend with the following people. That's 27 hours from now.

AggroJaggRedux
Bogarting
EllyIsMyCat
IllJohn
JeroenTes
KarpMcPoyle
LordHawking
nope111111
onelastday
OysterSA
seaweedcrispy
sindyopal

In addition Elove77785 and Losnhah if you're out there, let's end the "1 day left" staredown. Well played to you both. I'll send you both gifts in the morning. Open at noon if you can, if not whatever's fine.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
I nabbed a handful and then started ignoring level 5 raids

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
The problem is that Giratina is not worth leveling up, and is totally useless unless you do so. But if you're a new or casual player without a good stable of Mons, it's actually even more important that you not waste your precious Stardust on a weak Legendary with scarce Candy.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe

Entropist posted:

I always power up one of each legendary to lvl 30, who knows when it might get buffed or something. And I still try to do the raids for golden razzberries, can't have enough of those!

Speaking of that, the Raid rewards were just nerfed on the 27th and the main change is a reduction in Golden Razzberries and Potions from raids.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/9spzii/all_available_raid_reward_bundles_after_the/?utm_source=reddit-android

You're going to break even or take a loss on Goldens more often now.

quote:

Comparing it to the last info graphic I had saved, the changes are:

Tier 1

- 1 Super Potion instead of 2.

- 1 Free Golden Razz instead of 2.

Tier 2

- 1 Super Potion instead of 3.

- 1 Golden Razz instead of 2.

- 1 Free Golden Razz instead of 2.

Tier 3

- 1 Super Potion instead of 4.

- 1 Golden Razz instead of 2.

- 2 Free Golden Razz instead of 3.

Tier 4

- 1 Golden Razz instead of 3.

- 2 Free Golden Razz instead of 3.

Tier 5

- 2 Golden Razz instead of 3.

- 3 Free Golden Razz instead of 4

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
1.2 million exp in 5 minutes, thanks everyone!

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Even with the Halloween event, I still get plenty of Turtwigs and the occasional Chimchar. But it's been over a week since I've seen a Piplup. Annoying!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

Fun Shoe
Having the same OK Button bug. Glad it's not just me.