Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Vandar posted:

I might be able to do the 'use 108 berries' thing, if I'm really drat lucky with the limited number of Pokestops in my area.

But hah. Ahaha. Ahahahahaha gently caress catching 108 Pokemon before the week is up. There's no way I'll be able to do that after spending all week forging for berries. :argh:

One of my friends just completed the entire research tonight so it's possible. Helps a ton if you have a gotcha or go +(and live in a reasonably populated area ofc)

In other news, I was one of the lucky people who happened to see the alert that you could get shadow ball again during what, the 5-10 minute window? Changed about 5 on each account to it, including my recently acquired hundred :swoon:

Nyn posted:

Is this game still actively going and being updated? I'll have to hatch some eggs when I go on a run every morning!

Yes, but get yourself a go-tcha so you don't have to keep the game screen on to count distance/hatch eggs. I catch 30-50 pokemon on a 30 minute run, including a 96% shiny Wailmer the other day(mostly you get trash but that's great for stardust).

Now that Mewtwo is gone from raids, how did everyone do? I ended up with a catch rate of 115/119. Not bad. Of course the best one my main saw was the only one that ran for that account(a 98, RIP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Had a bad case of the brain sads today and didn't really give a poo poo about the mon for CD to begin with, so I set my gotchas up for both phones and slogged through a run. Ended up with 2 shinies on each account. Unfortunate that my brain wasn't in better working order because my alt needed that drat stardust but :shrug:

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

gently caress yeah first raid. Terrible IVs but I love him :allears:

edit:

seiferguy posted:

This is the second time they're bringing back Kyogre and all the while we had like what, a week of Rayquaza?

:eng101: Actually, this is the 4th time Kyogre has been back, and the 3rd time for Groudon. Definitely hope they do at least 2 weeks for whenever Ray makes it back into the mix(a month would be cool, Niantic, just saying). I had totally forgotten the Rayquaza window was so short, I'm amazed I got a 100.

Psychobabble! fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jan 16, 2019

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Lol Go Fest is currently evacuated due to reports of a storm coming in, they turned off all spawns/stops for the whole park. People on my local page are pissed.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Grassy Knowles posted:

Has anyone had a shadow mon jump out of a ball, ever? I haven’t which makes me wonder why it bothers using premier balls

I never had, and I'm at something like 150 encounters now? However people on my local board were complaining that catching them was harder than catching legendaries and that all of them had ran and I just... Like are you whiffing every single ball? Come on.