Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Themata posted:

Referring back to my Slowking post:

Yes, it is! To further update:

Still not knocked out. :catstare:

Also noticed someone decided to fully heal one of the Pokemon in the gym, so...

:shrug: Ok.
My Slowpoke's CP is the lowest it'll go now too afaik, so I guess that makes it Slowking 420 of the Mountain until someone dethrones it?
Seriously, all I need to do is drive like 20 minutes and I can find a gym where my Pokemon will stay for 3 weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Themata posted:

Where do you live where this is possible?
Central IL about midway between St. Louis and Chicago.

It's a pretty decent-sized town with two universities and a very active pogo community. But drive off in any direction for 20-30 minutes and you're in loving cornfields and tiny shithole towns with random gyms at their post offices or whatever.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Praying Mantises are the best bugs. They even make good pets.

And I got enough candy to evolve 7 Metagross, including two high level shinies (67%, 40%) and five other good ones. 91% (a15)/level 19 was my highest IV overall, though.

Oh and I hit 38.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 21, 2018

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Minty posted:

When the event first started, I caught a Beldum. Looked like a Beldum on the map, looked like a Beldum on the catch screen.

It then somehow turned into The Worst Yanma (IV 0%) after catching. What
Ahem.

0% is the BEST yanma

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
This was the fruits of my day (apart from the lovely last one)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Froist posted:

Oh yeah, I know. This is more for coming up with nicknames than just for having a way to find them..
As a man without a soul, I generally just let Calcy pick my monsters' nicknames.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

mastershakeman posted:

Best attacker in the game. Get 6 if possible
Isn't meteor mash metagross a pretty decent second place? (And without annoying Normals in gyms getting resistance to it?)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Pez posted:

I am out of Pinap berries for the first time since friends implemented
I'm down to 50.

Beldum day was worth it tho.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Psychobabble! posted:

Now that Mewtwo is gone from raids, how did everyone do? I ended up with a catch rate of 115/119. Not bad. Of course the best one my main saw was the only one that ran for that account(a 98, RIP)
As a more casual kind of a player, I only caught 7. I did 9 raids and legitimately missed one, but another one bugged me out of the catch screens. :sigh:

However, out of the 7 I caught, one was a 100%, one was 96% weather boosted, two were 91%, and one was 89%. (The other two were 80 and 73)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My younger kid loves Gengar. I'll go raid for him.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I beg to differ - the game has repeatedly assured me that Focus Blast Gengar is the very best at everything Aggron isn't the best at. :v:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Meteor Mash Beldum is loving fun to use.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
All of my 90%+ Gastly are level 15 :(

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I was at the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago today (and tried to send presents to goons) so didn't have much organized raiding around. Best I got was for two randos who joined in after I popped open the gym. But they had real bad monster choices and we lost. Twice.

Ah well.

I did evolve four Licky gastlies. Best I had was only 91%/lvl 15 though. Now to wait for some more charge TMs.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What charge move am I supposed to give gengar
Shadow ball

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
My Go-tcha snagged me a shiny cubone.

I really want a shiny ponyta, tho.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Hey goon SteSykes - We become best friends tomorrow. But since we are across the pond from each other, it might be tough to coordinate. But if you give me a heads up as to an approximate time that works for you, I'll try and put a lucky egg on to catch it.

DJK447 - We're in 2 days. :)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Sanford posted:

The delicious icing on the cake was a message posted that evening in their discord/FB/whatever reminding everyone that their community rules say you’ve got to catch your own Pokémon or you won’t be allowed in raids.
WTF is wrong with people, seriously.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Noxville posted:

Which time one are you in? I’m gonna guess my lunchtime will be too early for you but 6pm for me/midday for you would work for me.
Sure, I'm in Central so right now we're 6 hours apart (if it's about 9:15 pm over there, right now). I will crack an egg around noon, my time. Thanks, dude.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

IcePhoenix posted:

My Gotcha caught me a shiny Ponyta :woop:
Same, but my kid made me evolve it into a shiny Rapidash. But shiny Ponyta is way, way cooler and now I need another one.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Noxville posted:

Ah was expecting I’d have a gift from you to open but don’t so hopefully you’re gonna open mine in the next 25 mins...
Yeah sorry about that! I am glad we worked it out.

Goon DJK447, looks like we're scheduled for tomorrow - if you have PMs, we can coordinate through that if you would like.

LOL, my first two Best Friends are people on another continent.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Goon DJK447 I'd really like to coordinate for when I open a gift and don't want to hose you out of the XP.

What's a good time?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

dwarf74 posted:

Goon DJK447 I'd really like to coordinate for when I open a gift and don't want to hose you out of the XP.

What's a good time?
Last call for goon DJK447. I'm gonna pop an egg and open it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DJK447 posted:

Apologies dwarf74, I catch up with the thread on weekends so only just saw your posts.

We're besties now anyway but for anyone else on my friends list plz feel free to open gifts whenever suits best as I'm not really fussed about the XP.
Thanks, goon. :)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I got enough candy to evolve an actually decent Typhlosion and a pretty solid shiny one. This was just dicking around while my kids were playing at our children's museum and/or letting the Go-tcha do the work.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DizzyBum posted:

Another thing I wish they would do is add in more friend list management tools. Being able to sort by reverse alphabet or put letters under separate tabs would be really handy.
Yeah. Scrolling is rear end.

I am glad for the nickname feature but it's not enough.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Plastik posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1roy4o4tqQM

I can only imagine there will be endless tie-ins between this and PoGo.
I am down.

My younger kid will want to see it, day 1.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Eox posted:

Nanab berries are the biggest indicator that Niantic doesn't have a stellar handle on how much players value different items and currencies.
Hey, each one is worth 20 stardust and a sliver of gym xp, at least!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So this is the first time I've played any pokemon game, and lol Rhyperior looks utterly ridiculous.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Rhyperior looks like a 90's gritty superhero, all covered in useless pouches.

And he's tiny as gently caress. What gives.

This is the ugliest loving design.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

DizzyBum posted:

I've also heard that accounts are getting strikes just for connecting to Let's Go. Get in touch with support and have them check it out.
I have also heard this from the local group.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Holy poo poo - November/December community day features all previous community day monsters AND you get the exclusive moves while evolving them!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'm missing shiny Bulbasaur and Mareep.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I missed Dratini day entirely so that's cool, even if Draco Meteor Dragonite has sub optimal DPS or whatever.
Eh it's comparable. Like 98%.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I finished my community day shinies with a few mareep and a bulbasaur. Woot. The bulbasaur was lovely, but who cares. I got tons of candy for my six Meteor Mash metagross, too.

As for charmander, I am deciding between evolving...

Level 27 / 15 1 14
Level 20 / 12 14 13

Yeah I know the 2nd is way better IV overall, but the first has that 15 attack and is 14 advances higher, so will take less resources to get even useful. And I'm not exactly swimming in charmander candies. (I already have a decent 91% blast burn and a few decent shinies.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Wow. So after this weekend I am out of pinaps and ultra balls. Sweet. My Gotcha was working overtime so I'm very low on red balls, too.

I got my missing shinies (mareep/bulbasaur), got at least one new special move dude of nearly every kind except for Metagross (because I already have 6 :v:) Mostly though I put the new candy into improving already-good monsters. I only got a bare handful of good, high-IV stuff; most catches were sent straight to the glue factory.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The best gym etiquette is to never kick anyone out of a gym at any time or for any reason, because they are probably going for a gold gym badge, and that would be just mean.

Or maybe it's to always kick everyone out of a gym because they might already have a gold badge and just need today's coins.

I am sure one of these two is the right and correct way to play this mobile phone game featuring pocket monsters.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

TheMaestroso posted:

The past two research weeks I haven't gotten a Sinnoh Stone. Getting frustrated!
same here, man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

OgreNoah posted:

Seriously, I got 20 pokeballs (immediately thrown away)
Non-Gotcha-haver spotted!