Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

put both hands in posted:

So is Bidoof gonna be like the new Zigzagoon, with those fuckers being everywhere?

Got my first Chatot, someone said it's a new regional?

Don't you dare compare Tumour Beaver to TanOwOki, the only raccoon clinically demonstrated to cure 9 out of 10 berry glitches.

Bidoof is stupid and bad and fills me with a rage I usually reserve for G5 Pokemon and not-Pikachus who aren't Mimikyu.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Oct 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Kheldarn posted:

Pikachu is the worst Pokémon.

Pikachu is the worst and every generation's not-Pikachu is even worst-er except Mimikyu.

The only good Pikachu is one that has been evolved into a Raichu. :colbert:

Silver Falcon posted:

Do what I do and evolve them into Raichu with a Fancy Hat, because Raichu is the superior 'chu, now and forever.

Spooky Hat Raichu belongs in gyms all year round. It's always Halloween somewhere.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

BGrifter posted:

Hell yeah, max Ghost badge complete! Just Bug, Ice, Dark and (ugh) Dragon left to go.

Dragon just hit bronze off today's Suicune.

Suicune is a water type, though...

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I love Aron and think Aggron is a cool bad rear end kaiju guy so I collected and evolved a bunch and now all the game recommends is a team of six Aggron.

Blissey? Aggron.
Gengar? Aggron.
Blaziken? Motherfucking six Aggron.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Shedinja research aww heck yes gonna get me a spooky bug and stare into his hole because I long for the sweet release of death

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

28766f69642a2930 posted:

well they already gave us ss hat pikachu

:prepop:

Also, a number of my eggs and Pokemon who hatched from eggs have lost their location data. Is this to do with pokestops being updated/changed/removed?

A number of my favourite pokestops for sending gifts to international goons got deleted :saddowns:

E: long long ago a stop near my home got removed. I suspect because the painted signal box's picture featured a prominent graffito of a willy. Or because the painted signal box was painted over to become just a regular grey signal box, again possibly because of the prominent graffito of a willy.

Either way some measure of inexcusable censorship was going on.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Oct 29, 2018

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Parrotine posted:

How the heck are they gonna handle Wishiwashi in this game

Badly.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Parrotine posted:

Oh so just like the regular games, got it

I keep battling Wishy Fishy and being like "omg he looks so cool I'm real intimidated :ohdear:" then I remember he sucks and just use Giga Drain on him and he dies

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I got two shiny Pinsir in a row from the Sclerophyll Forest at uni on my way to work today so even with Shedinja's ultra nerf I am calling Bug Month a success :cool:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Mustached Demon posted:

Makes sense as wobbuffet looks like it'd bounce back and headbutt you if you punched it.

That's basically what it is. It's one of those weighted dolls you punch and it comes back up. It has no actual regular attacking moves, only Counter and its special move equivalent Mirror Coat, as well as stuff like Destiny Bond and Encore. Encore means it can force the enemy to use the same move over and over again, meaning it can reliably pick whether to use Counter or Mirror Coat. The Shadow Tag ability stops the enemy from being able to foil this by switching out. Destiny Bond makes the enemy faint as well if it causes the user to faint in that turn. Again, Shadow Tag means you can't switch out to avoid that. The combination of its moveset and ability means it was placed in the same "BANNED FOREVER TOO OP" tier along with powerful legendaries and poo poo. It's a punching bag/Weebl who forces you to punch him until he dies and takes you with him.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Gann Jerrod posted:

Wasn’t the main problem with Wobbuffett that if you ever fought a mirror match you had to spend ages using up all of your non-attack moves just to use struggle, making it a fun killing slog?

That was also one of the fun possibilities with Wobs. Struggle does more damage now iirc but "two Wobuffets and they both have leftovers" before that change used to be a great way to get yourself trapped in a literal unending, unwinnable battle.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

That was also one of the fun possibilities with Wobs. Struggle does more damage now iirc but "two Wobuffets and they both have leftovers" before that change used to be a great way to get yourself trapped in a literal unending, unwinnable battle.

According to Bulbapedia two Wobs could only have an infinite standoff with each other until G3, because from G4 onwards any Pokemon with Shadow Tag would be unaffected by another Pokemon's Shadow Tag. Meaning you can't Shadow Tag a Wob (unless that Wob has the not nearly as cheesy hidden ability of Telepathy). In G4 Wob was definitely still banned from competitive play with Smogon rules so "INFINITE WOB ON WOB" definitely wasn't the only reason it was banned.

Also, today I got my Shedinja. I tried him out in a gym to see if he is as useless as the prophecies foretold and he died in like two seconds to a neon green Espeon. It's okay stupid ghost bug, I still love you and I will stare at your death hole any time you want.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Willsun posted:

Unless they're one of the ones on the short list of Pokemon who actually lost CP, everything gained some CP.

Considering perfect IVs:
  • Beedrill increased by 69 CP
  • Sandslash increased by 46 CP (Alolan by 66 CP)
  • Cloyster increased by 75 CP

Also based on what info is available, here's my short summary on the new evolutions that require the Sinnoh Stone:
  • Rhyperior - A cheaper, more easy-to-get community day Tyranitar alternative because it has Smack Down.
  • Togekiss - Didn't get a fast fairy move but you could luck into a fairy Hidden Power (unlikely). If you do, that makes it the ultimate fairy attacker.
  • Roserade - Top tier grass or poison attacker, but there's already a lot of equally good grass types and poison is useless.
  • Electivire - Best electric attacker, slightly less bulky than Raikou though.
  • Honchkrow - Better dark DPS than Tyranitar, flimsy though.
  • Weavile - Top tier ice or dark attacker, also flimsy.
  • Magmortar - Doesn't have the best charge fire attack, many better fire types.
  • Porygon-Z - Weird movesets, hard to be effective with both fast and charge at the same time.
I'll probably be going for Honchkrow first since I have 2 perfect IV Murkrow and dark type is a lot more useful if they're going to release the psychic type Lake Trio as upcoming raid bosses. My perfect Rhydon will only jump the line if they go back to old legendaries where rock type is more useful.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

He shrunk in the wash. This is why you always buy prewashed Rhyperior.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Prop Wash posted:

I don’t like that his neck flap looks like a big ol grin

gently caress, can't unsee it. It's like Diglett's "tooth". I still see Red/Blue sprite Metapod in reverse (ie he's got an angry face and a big nose).

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Is there a list of devices which are supported for connecting to Let's Go Eeveechu on the Switch? When I try to connect my Pokemon Go to the Switch, it says "This device is not supported." I have a Samsung S4. I need to upgrade at some point but I'd rather not spend $800 just to get a new phone so I can connect Go to Let's Go Eevee...

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Tayter Swift posted:

Is there a reliable way to farm Pokeballs in Let's Go? I'm not out but I can tell I'm going to feel the crunch if I go nuts with catching things.

There is a guy inside Mount Moon who gives you extra balls whenever you're low. Just above the Hiker on the first level iirc. Near the ladder that leads you further towards the Cerulean exit.

Also, in Pewter City, there is a lady with a Slowpoke who will ask you once a day to watch him for you. If you do she gives you a Big Pearl you can sell for P4000. You can do it as many times as you like once a day and it's good funds for getting balls. Also remember combat in this game is super easy and you won't even be battling wild Pokemon so your healing item budget is going to be way lower. Just spend all you have on Pokeballs, you will rarely need Potions etc.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I cashed mine in like two hours ago and it gave me a Sinnoh Stone, so it's either fixed or it's loving up intermittently, which is the worst kind of loving up.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Maw posted:

Are pidgeys super rare now? I’ve had a field task to evolve two of them for a while, and don’t think I’ve seen one in the wild for months.

You'll be delighted to hear that the reward for that quest is a Caterpie.

It's a Bug Month quest and it can be a Lucky Golden Caterpie, but when you get a regular green Caterpie it feels like a bit of a ripoff.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Louisgod posted:

Huh, yet Mewtwo can, did that change when it got knocked down to 5* raid status?

Mewtwo is legendary. Deoxys is mythical. Legendaries can be traded, mythicals can't.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I got two so working as intended imho and Niantic doesn't need to fix anything :smug:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I found a shiny Mareep and my phone decided it was way too loving hot and went into a reboot loop :negative: gently caress summer.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone else been getting the "NO GPS!! (11)" error 90% of the day? Shockingly it did this last Community Day (Beldum iirc) for me and everyone I know in QLD :v:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I got no shinies but a billion Special Move Doods including my 100% Ampharos who the universe decided to give me because of losing that shiny Mareep :syoon:

I also discovered that roaming around the uni campus at night is a good way to not have my phone overheat to death.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

That drat Satyr posted:

I feel your pain. This weekend I managed to catch one shiny for a Ttaur and ...managed to take a screenshot that has every single gym and pokestop in my entire town in it.

Behold, the one stoplight NC pokunk. And I still feel like we have a lot because half of these are churches.

My home town of 300 people and no traffic lights has one pokestop. Oddly it's not one of the six churches (six churches! For 300 people!! Plus people from out on properties and in the bush I GUESS but it's still a lot of churches). It's a statue/fountain of a fisherman in the park which tbh is probably the most visited landmark in the town because everyone traveling out to the dam (a lukewarm tourist hotspot) stops there for lunch so it gets loads of phone traffic, comparably.

Also if you are from my home town or nearby I have effectively doxxed myself now.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Beachcomber posted:

I turned off autocatch this weekend so I could manually catch the good stuff but let the machine Hoover up the other garbage that I'd otherwise have ignored. Cyndiquil, go away.

gently caress you Cyndaquil is the tits!

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

X13Fen posted:

Has anyone noticed stops will now tell you if you've completed their research task that day? There's a little icon in the top right, like what EX pass gyms have

It's been around for a while, but yeah, it's very handy.

Also I finally found a Ditto, I am one step closer to getting my extra Melman :syoon:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Ponyta are my favourites for excellent curve throws. Kangaskhan I like to use for regular excellents and "get three X throws in a row" as they're common as dirt in Australia, have a catch rate that means they never stay in the ball, and have the biggest rings ever. Also, just keep trying to make every curve ball excellent and eventually you will get it. Most excellent curve balls that aren't on a Ponyta/Wailmer/Kanga are ones that I get completely by accident. Your probability of succeeding in the quest tends to 1 as the number of trials approaches infinity.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

bowmore posted:

got my first 100

Perfect cyber duck.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Delibird themed outfits incoming :syoon:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
I have added a blue Snorunt to my shiny collection :syoon:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Willsun posted:

I'm just noticing it now but the game is making it so you can evolve your female Snorunts into Glalies. Was it like this in the core games too, where Froslass was just optional for females if you give it a Dawn Stone, otherwise they evolve into Glalie if you level it up?

Anyway, I'm not touching this nice femaly shiny Snorunt until Niantic drops Froslass for us. I'm really happy that I already have a shiny Glalie so now I can have this shiny couple of Japanese kimono wife with a skull death head husband.

Also when is the period for getting new baby Pokemon through Alolan eggs over?

Definitely female Snorunts can evolve into Glalie. Froslass is a gender-specific optional stone evolution like Gallade. Male Kirlia will evolve into Gardevoir by levelling up if you don't use a stone on them, just like female Snorunt will evolve into Glalie by levelling up if you don't use a stone on them to evolve them into Froslass. In G3, Gallade and Froslass don't exist, so all female Snorunt will become Glalie and all male Kirlia will become Gardevoir.

e: also if you're just going for aesthetics, shiny Glalie and shiny Froslass are both underwhelming and look near-identical to their regular forms. As you appear to already have a shiny Glalie, though, I'd definitely wait for Froslass to drop.

OgreNoah posted:

I'm quite happy I managed to snag this guy this evening, he's so snazzy.

Skin cancer is radiation so it gives you super mind powers.

CROWS EVERYWHERE fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Dec 31, 2018

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
So far from this event I've got a Hat Pichu and a shiny Snorunt. No Munchies, no shiny penguin.

Also, in the entire time since it's been in the game, I have NEVER seen male Wobuffet in the wild. It's always girls. I got one male Wynaut the other day who I will evolve because despite having a bunch of Wobs, I still don't have the dex entry for the male form. Wobblebot doesn't even have the starter-like 7:1 gender ratio or anything, I am just apparently just a magnet for girl Bobba Fetts.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Dragonstoned posted:

This isn't mine (although I wish it was) but in terms of RAREST pokemon, surely this takes the cake...

0 IV on Unown O

Is there anything that could possibly beat that? a perfect Unown would be hard enough to get and 0's are even rarer.

The only thing I can think that could top it would be if they released shiny unown and you got the same thing but as a shiny.

xl so you must call him The Big O

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
So far I've gotten Soy Sauce, Electrochicken, and Frozen Chook. I'm hoping for a Moltres (my favourite who I missed out on) or a Luigi. I don't know if the new additions have shiny forms available through research (I have seen bird trio shinies from research here though) but I am holding a dream in my heart for Elegant Slippery Pink Luigi.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Dumb question: If you have legacy 2016 pokemon, can those specific pokemon learn legacy moves from TMs, or do they have to have learned them previously and using TMs now will give them the currently-available moves?

They have to have learnt them already. Using a TM on a vintage Gengar will only give you current moves. Also, it sounds obvious, but DO NOT use TMs on your Shadow Claw Gengar or he'll lose it and never get it back again.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

quote:

Fake edit: Holy poo poo. :stare:

Congratulations, you won Pokemon Go.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Fire Storm posted:

The hardest part is figuring out if he prefers Eevee or Pikachu. At least with Eevee, you can catch a Pikachu pretty quickly and have Eevee on your head and Pikachu walking behind you!
(Seconding what everything else is saying)

Get Eevee version because Pikachu just says "Pika pika!" but Eevee says "HEY BOIIIIIIIII"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Prop Wash posted:

I hear it more as YYYYYYEAH BOIIIII” but I think either one is valid. The important thing is that Eevee Version is the good version.

Also you can dress Eevee up as any of the 8 Eeveelutions (or a combination thereof) whereas Pikachu you can only dress up as a Pikachu.

e: the trainer's Eevee themed outfit is also very aesthetically pleasing