Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm going to be seeing more Bidoof than I want on the phone already, I don't need to see it in the thread title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I had a very weird thing happen to me yesterday:

I couldn't click on it. Not sure what it is. Tiny Bidoof?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Cowslips Warren posted:

Why doesn't southwestern US get poo poo? The gently caress, Florida!

Florida gets Corsola, at least parts of it.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I know you guys are probably all sick of them, but this is my first time seeing Witch Pikachu, and it's waaaay less bad than all the other hatchus.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Consummate Professional posted:

Is this quest running for a limited time or can I have it forever?

This is what I really want to know. I can maybe do the 108 berries thing if I dedicate a couple days to playing but getting 108 catches in a week is simply not happening.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I'm sad Giratina isn't very good, because I want one since it looks cool- but nobody shows up to the raids for them because they're not useful. :smith:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Beachcomber posted:

I think there should be a mechanic where if you take down a gym and are first in, you should be able to set a theme for it. Like flying types only or everything pink.

:hellyeah:

It's even lore appropriate. All the gyms in the games I played (admittedly just the first two gens) were all themed, because who the gently caress just wants to go Jim's Gym of Whatever is in My Pokeballs?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

SuperKlaus posted:

What battle power are Gengar raids? Will I be able to duo the ones on Gengar day?

The one I did yesterday was ~19k, and my roommate and I duo'd it easily, we're both level 30. Only lost two mons, less than half the time elapsed. Not sure if the community day will be 3* or 4*, apparently it can be either. The one I duo'd was 3*.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Can't use the word Lick in any of my Gengars' names to denote their moveset because that would be inappropriate. A+.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Dr Tran posted:

If I still had hopes and dreams, I wouldn’t be playing this game

Thread title imo.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Themata posted:

I was looking at the weekly walking rewards, and can't understand why they cut the stardust you get by 90%. 500 stardust at 25 km, isn't that only enough to level up a very low CP Pokemon once? And 1,500 (+500?) at 50 won't even let you level up a high CP even once. If that stardust amount was for one day, I'd understand, but that amount for an entire week seems more insulting than anything. :wtc:

Niantic in general seem to be under the illusion that stardust in small quantites is far more valuable than it is. I've seen some absurdly difficult research tasks which reward you with 1000 whole stardust, and normal/easy ones give you 100 which is almost completely worthless. Opening gifts is the same way. Apparently 1 ultra ball = 3 pokeballs = 300 stardust?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's not a useful thing to do but I really like Ditto and would absolutely do it if I were you.