Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

shut up blegum posted:

What's the point of a new thread?

And also, I'm confused about this part in the op: 'Pokémon in a gym are organized by the order in which they were placed by their owner. Go ahead, put a Pidgey in slot #6 behind a Blissey, Dragonite, Tyranittar, Gyrados, and Ampharos. You'll be glad you did!'

What does this mean? :downsgun:

Old one got full of bad sinnoh puns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Good dog.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

NZAmoeba posted:

When you and your boy's style are on point

Make Indigo Plateau Great Again!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Furnaceface posted:

Forecast for tomorrow: 3C and wet snow with winds up to 40km/h

Lets hope I have better shiny luck than I did with the last event.

Snow during this event would rock.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Avalerion posted:

The celebi quest wants me to trade. :argh:

Any way to make some kind of secondary dummy account so I can trade with myself or something?

Make friends?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Their new intern deserves a paycheck.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

voodoorootbeer posted:

Yeah seriously. If this quest doesn't give us at least the evolution for Pokemon 108 then I'm gonna be even more disappointed in this game than usual.

Also in disappointment news: finally snagged a shiny Murkrow, caught a weather boosted Giratina, and hit 39 all within 10 minutes. My kid missed his Giratina. Now I feel bad.

You should.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Pez posted:

I am out of Pinap berries for the first time since friends implemented

Me too friend. Beldum day took a toll on my stash.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I got a team of six Mewtwo. 6/6 all in all.

Good enough imo.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dragonstoned posted:

My gotcha caught me a shiny Bulbasaur yesterday and shiny Swablu last week :D

RE Gengar: I love Gengar and was pleased to hear about the shiny chance but was ruined by the it being another sucky "barely any different for normal" shiny

Seriously what's even the loving point? Why not make him black or white or ANY OTHER COLOUR instead of a slightly different shade of purple thats barely even noticeable.

Also does this mean wild gastly be shiny now? or is it only Gengar and only in the raids?

It's a relic of early shinies just being palette swaps. Like each color had a number and the shinies back then was just the color number +1 or something like that. Hence boring gray Gengar and vomit Dragonite.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

dwarf74 posted:

I beg to differ - the game has repeatedly assured me that Focus Blast Gengar is the very best at everything Aggron isn't the best at. :v:

Good at beating.. aggron!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I've been putting bidoof in all the gyms I take.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I like giratina. Would be cooler if it was more skeleton dragony though.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

slave to my cravings posted:

the evolved form of stunky should have been stanky :colbert:

It goes from butt face to ball chin.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I wonder if we'll see party hat wurmple for new year's.

If we don't Niantic will be bad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TheMaestroso posted:

We already have that, it's called Weedle.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

If you like giratina go for it who cares.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Yukari posted:

Does it just track steps while your phone is on you or do you need a fitbit or some sort of device like that?

Uses your phones internal step tracker I think. If it doesn't have one then well too bad.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Louisgod posted:

I'm curious if putting your phone in an electronic baby swing to gain steps/km will work.

Ceiling fan.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

How common are these shiny pinsirs and caterpies? Bagged me a caterpie but not a pinsir yet.

Didn't take part in Gengar day though. Stupid night shift.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Froist posted:

The pinsirs should be pretty common for the rest of the weekend but will then drop down to regular shiny rates, so today’s your best bet if you want one.

As far as I know Caterpie’s far more rare!

Sweet!

I did bag a 2364 lv31 pinsir so that's neat.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Willsun posted:

Counter is a move that waits for the opponent to attack first and then deals double the damage back, for anyone (myself included) who forgot moves actually do things in the main games other than being mashed.

Makes sense as wobbuffet looks like it'd bounce back and headbutt you if you punched it.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DizzyBum posted:

Okay, it took me a while to figure out why they're doing shiny Cubone and Ponyta, until I realized it's because the shiny colors are green and blue - the colors of the Ingress factions. That makes a lot more sense.

They're seahawk fans gross.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

leveling things past 30 is not even remotely necessary anyway, you should only bother with it if it's a pokemon you really really like

How else you gonna get that lv40 raticate?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dr. Abysmal posted:

They're doing the CP adjustment tomorrow, for real this time maybe. RIP your CP 69 and 420 Pokemon.

https://twitter.com/PokemonGoApp/status/1062540647377321984

Hope that means more gen4 too.

Also rip that dudes 420 Blaziken.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Get some, tentacruel!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Gonna evolve my shiny Roselia next in a few days.

gently caress usefulness I'm going with cool.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

As someone who doesn't play seriously much outside random outings with my wife: Aerodactyl raid owns since I'm not there yet and couldn't (didn't really try to) find a research task.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Psion posted:

Yeah I'm surprised and pleased to see most of the quest tasks as raid bosses now. Actually ... good job, Niantic? :confuoot:

It's missing Scyther, though, because nothing's perfect

Scyther nests and isn't as uncommon.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Willsun posted:

Also where tf is my new splash screen we're in Christmas season and we didn't even get an easy spooky month splash screen either

It's still November.

Where's my turkey hat Pikachu?!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Willsun posted:

Why would you think they'd ever make a hat for an American-only holiday for a game that began in Japan now made for a worldwide audience

Counterpoint: turkey hat Pikachu.

poo poo we could do a hatchu for holidays all year long across the globe!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Wait until Saturday to claim your 7th day friends.

Unless you need the shedninja.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

slave to my cravings posted:

Paging dr Tran to the thread to make me feel bad about the number of shinies I got

Was Dr Tran the 'you hosed up friend lucky egg I'm defriending you' person?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got a shiny Pikachu. Just mareep and Bulbasaur shinies left!

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Xinder posted:

lol all my shinies have poo poo ivs

oh well

Who cares they're shiny and being fabulous is more important.

My Pikachu has 13cp and one of my beldums has 10. They're both awesome.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got my gold dragon medal just in time.

Only missing shiny mareep and Bulbasaur. Come on game do me good.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Is smack down even good on tyranitar or did I just waste 125 candies? Seems like most of the time I'm using him for his dark attacks

Turns them into one of the best (or THE best) rock attacker. Bite/Crunch is one of the best dark attackers so get both.

An army of dinosaurs.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

TheEye posted:

Well, since we're best friends, if you ever come to NY I could trade you all of those...

It was boosted all weekend, just not as boosted as the 3 hour window. Normal shiny rate is 1/450; normal community day shiny rate is 1/24 (during the window); shiny rate outside that was estimated to be 1/90.

According to...?

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

FistEnergy posted:

Holy poo poo

You will be able to unlock a second charge move on every Pokemon, usable in both PvP and Raids. Costs Stardust/Candy for each Mon.

Welp that's gonna change everything

I'm pretty darn excited about the second charge move. Gonna add a whole heap of depth between the typing and various charge bar/damages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Froist posted:

Nest rotation is a week away, unless I’ve missed it switching to a weekly schedule at some point.

It's tomorrow I thought? Opposite of my paycheck, same week as recycling for my street.

Oh Satan I'm like the target audience for this game.