Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Just picked up my phone to check what trash my Go-tcha had collected on the way home and its snagged me another shiny Natu :D

and a random 666 Beldom, spoopy :O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

tangy yet delightful posted:

Is she any good as an attacker? Wondering if I should pinap to get one asap.

What are the good and or rare gen 4s to look out for?

I'm guessing it'll be about a useful as Pidgeot but I could be wrong

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Wouldn't be a community day without some network errors, our area was having some problems but it only lasted about 10 mins (for me anyway) but I'm not gonna say no to another day :D Although one of my friends pointed out its more for places like Hong Kong and Taiwan where they apparently didn't get any spawning? Still gonna hold on to hope though.

Ended today with 6 shinies and 7 Metagross (2 shiny) but all average IV wise all the 80-90s were under level 10 and not worth the candy investment. My friend managed to score a 98 iv shiny.

Also at one point near the start of the event, a very confused policeman pulled up to our group and asked what the heck everyone was doing with their phones lol

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 21, 2018

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Am loving the spoopy event and all this candy. No luck with shinies yet but I got a perfect Shuppet which is pretty sweet.

Managed to do 3 Giratina raids today, caught 2 in the high 80's but the the 93 ran on me :negative:

Also 100k till I hit 37, so close to being halfway to 40... :shepicide:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

My gotcha caught me a shiny Bulbasaur yesterday and shiny Swablu last week :D

RE Gengar: I love Gengar and was pleased to hear about the shiny chance but was ruined by the it being another sucky "barely any different for normal" shiny

Seriously what's even the loving point? Why not make him black or white or ANY OTHER COLOUR instead of a slightly different shade of purple thats barely even noticeable.

Also does this mean wild gastly be shiny now? or is it only Gengar and only in the raids?

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Mustached Demon posted:

It's a relic of early shinies just being palette swaps. Like each color had a number and the shinies back then was just the color number +1 or something like that. Hence boring gray Gengar and vomit Dragonite.

They should have taken "Pokemon: Lets Go" as a chance to give the gen 1 shinies an update

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

All you Butterfree fans will be pleased to hear we're getting shiny caterpie as well for "bug month"

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

pile of brown posted:

Suicune isn't very useful but Shedinja is a wildcard, could be good could be useless depending on if and how they implement wonder guard

Well even with wonder guard it will be pretty meh

some guy posted:

Shedinja has a base Attack of 153 in this game. If it got the best possible Ghost moves, it would barely do better DPS than Gastly. With the best Bug moves, barely out-damages Kricketune

It's more than likely just going to be a dex filler/trophy

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

BGrifter posted:

Pokemon Go: Do You Really Want To Transfer This Event Pokemon?

You Sinnoh it!

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

X13Fen posted:

Apparently Beldum day part 2: psychic boogaloo has started here in Aus?

I made sure to screenshot my candy for all the people who are super mad that we got another day

:unsmigghh:

Although this may be more of a hindrance than helpful but meteor mash is awesome so whatever..

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

"Should I do that Duskull raid? nah can't be arsed, actually gently caress it, it might give me a shiny"

Didn't get a shiny but got the next best thing...

Goes nicely with my perfect Shuppet :D

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

15 Gengar raids but no shiny sadly, I did get a 100% which is arguably a lot better so :shrug:

I did managed to get the shiny Pinsir though :D

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Beachcomber posted:

How tough are they?

Edit: does evolving give Lick?

Don't know what the min required is but I found that they were easy to beat but tricky to catch. I found myself falling short on the throw quite a lot because he stands further back.

E: Didn't evolve anything during so dunno about the move. see above lol

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

OgreNoah posted:

Shiny Ponyta and Cubone are live now, and they're everywhere.

Alolan Marowak can also be shiny now by the looks of it.

Holy poo poo am I glad today was a half day, I'm off to hunt shinies

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Parrotine posted:

Did anyone snag a majestic st elmo's fire pony today? :allears:

Yes :smug:

but now I need another for Rapidash :negative:

Had 0 luck with Cubone but tbh I don't really care about that one, if i get one then its a bonus but really I just want more pretty blue fire ponies

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Dr Tran posted:

The 100% catch rate for shiny raid bosses is dead. Had Shiny Gengars pop out of
This is just hearsay but I've heard the "100% shiny catch" in raids is only for the legendary mons.

Which kind of makes sense and I've no reason to disbelieve it, as its been true for me whenever I've encountered a legendary shiny but "anecdotal evidence =/= fact" and whatnot so :shrug:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Yeah if you didn't live on the other side of the world I'd defs give you a shiny Eevee for the shiny Shellder :P

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Cartotic/Correlatoress I'm not sure if you follow the thread but we go BEST FRIENDS tomorrow, dunno how well we'll be able to sync eggs what with us being on opposite sides of the planet but if you can make a post if/when you're opening the gift I sent, I might be able to get an egg on quick enough when I turn the game on tomorrow. That's if you even read this in time or have an egg yourself or if you care at all lol

Also yay for my first Goon Best Friend!

Smesh if you're out there you'll be my second in about 6 days :D :D

Edit: I probably should mention my trainer name is batmattman

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Nov 8, 2018

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

tangy yet delightful posted:

Also it doesn't count for the research task.

I evolved the Espion during the night with the name trick and it counted

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

So remember a few months ago when I posted this batshit insane pricing

I posted:

Aren't things supposed to be cheaper the more you buy? Why is it I can get 1500 coins for 15 bux but the 14.99 pack is only 1200 coins?

I'd raise this issue with Niantic but i fear their "solution" would be to raise the price of the 100 coins rather then make the other options cheaper

Looks like Niantic decided to change it because apparently it wasn't stupid enough...

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

bowmore posted:

lmao, you'd have to be silly or lazy to not just keep buying the 99c coins

Yep, it sure is fun sitting through the transaction animation 15 goddamn times to buy an ultra box.

I've resorted to using google play cards when I need to get things now because I hate having all these bloody 99c transactions on my bank statements. This method also greatly reduces the potential for "over-spending" that can sometimes happen with a f2p game though so it has a minor bonus.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

PathAsc posted:

What country is this in again? I thought it was a currency rate issue, but I can't remember.

New Zealand, iirc a while back they made 100 coins 99c in a lot of regions where it used to be $1.50 or something? which lead to this odd situation where it was more expensive to buy them in bulk.

Why they increased the price of every other coin pack to make it even worse is beyond me. Although the :tinfoil: in me suspects it has something to do with catching out the people who don't pay attention or notice.

Currency-wise $5usd = $7.40nzd so there is little justification for the increase there.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

28766f69642a2930 posted:

ah land of that famous currency, the dong

Isn't that Vietnam? or am I missing something?

I'd like it if it was "Dong" but it's just boring old "New Zealand Dollar"

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Fucks sake Niantic, EVERY loving TIME!!

40 mins in and have caught 5 because servers are making GBS threads the bed...

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Cyndaquil aren't even spawning it's just regular trash mobs

How can they gently caress up SO badly?

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Nov 10, 2018

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

They extended it by 2 hours after things got working again but my battery wouldn't last that long. Only got 4 shiny but it's enough and one was a 91 so I can't complain (well I CAN and WILL but you get the idea)

Have got my phone on charge and popped an incense in a last ditch attempt to get what I can in the last hour only 11k xp off hitting 38, gutted I couldn't quite do it today because of all the network poo poo :(

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Parrotine posted:

To be honest it's a miracle they aren't running the world. When your most basic electric mouse critter is able to drop a staggering 10,000,000 volts and it goes all the way up to Creation itself, you think humanity would be walking a little more gingerly on the earth

With an Abra and a Hypno, you could rule the world.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Themata posted:

I was looking at the weekly walking rewards, and can't understand why they cut the stardust you get by 90%. 500 stardust at 25 km, isn't that only enough to level up a very low CP Pokemon once? And 1,500 (+500?) at 50 won't even let you level up a high CP even once. If that stardust amount was for one day, I'd understand, but that amount for an entire week seems more insulting than anything. :wtc:

I went out of my way to hit the 50k last week and my reward was 35 pokeballs and 2000 stardust, so yeah doubt I'll bother again. I'll easily make the 25k though so maybe I'll get a single rare candy next week along with the bonus balls?

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Nov 13, 2018

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Smesh if you're out there we go best friends in 1 day (for me the day ends in 9 hours) again being 12/13 hours ahead of you is going to make it hard to sync eggs but that extra 100k would be really useful right now, so post in the thread if its been 9 hours since this post and you open that gift so I can egg up ASAP when I turn on the game.

(I'm batmattman in the game)

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Smesh posted:

Sorry, I don't check in on the thread very often. I've already opened the gift without realising. Hopefully you read this in time!

Did you get the XP? I logged in and put an egg on but then I had to open the gift you sent to make us BESTIES! So if you didn't try get the egg on as soon as you log in.

Also yay best friends! :hfive:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

The Sinnoh stone in the research pisses me off because I claimed my research while I had a lucky egg going an hour before this new poo poo went live ffs...

Has it been confirmed they're only out of the 7-day research reward yet, Ik hope to god they can at least drop from stops even if they are super rare because only being able to get one a week is the stupidest loving thing.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Psion posted:

yes i'd much prefer getting one of 5 different evo items on my 7 day streak and never being able to evolve what I want instead

much better

That's not what I was saying at all???

I'm not complaining about the stone itself I just want it to drop from regular pokestops so I can actually evolve my loving mons without having to wait a goddamn week in between everyone.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Today was a good day and was brought to you by the letter "M"

Caught a shiny Magnemite and evolved it into Magneton
Hatched a shiny Magby

and I ran into a community day walking buddy who had his Switch with him and he gave me a flippin Meltan box so now I have 10 MELTANS!!

The game rewarded him handsomely for his good deeds as he went on to get a shiny Eevee, then 5 mins later a shiny Pikachu and then a shiny Magikarp 5 mins after that!!

Am I glad I didn't listen to myself when I said "ugh gently caress walking 15k today for adventure sync.." this morning because god drat. (although sadly the fact that I DID make it to 50k means the Sinnoh stone will definitely NOT be a reward tomorrow lol)

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Brick Shipment posted:

Can I send my meltan boxes to people?
They have a 7 day cooldown, so I probably don't need so many of the darn things.

edit: Unless that's per box and not account, then I think I'll keep 'em lol

The guy who gave me mine was also able to give them to a few others but you need to be within trade distance so you can only share them with locals.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Finally got the Sinnoh stone, now I just got to wait for that 100iv shiny elekid... :shepicide:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Lord Hawking posted:

It’s particularly frustrating to not be able to even see how many are banked because I think there might even be another Aerodactyl at the bottom of the stack but I’m not sure how many quests I completed before realizing something was wrong, and don’t want to take the risk I’m misremembering.

I don't think Niantic like people stacking the rewards, they've said multiple times it's not supposed to be a feature and you do it at your own risk. So it's never going to be "fixed" or made better.

It'll be fun to see the uproar if/when they remove it all together though.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Finally get a couple of charged TMs hurray I can finally change a few of the better Gengars!

Gengar forgot Focus Blast and learned Sludge Bomb :sigh:
Gengar forgot Sludge Bomb and learned Focus Blast :suicide:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

Patterswine/Snowy if you're out there, you may as well just open that gift to make us best friends as its probs a bit too difficult to sync eggs but if you are able to post when you do, I might be able to get one on as soon as I turn the game on but all good if it don't quite work out.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

So pumped for the community weeken...

gently caress!

Welp I guess I'm getting wet then, glad my phone is water resistant at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

by Roger Hargreaves

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I cashed mine in like two hours ago and it gave me a Sinnoh Stone, so it's either fixed or it's loving up intermittently, which is the worst kind of loving up.

Reports seem to say it can still be a reward but its not a guarantee anymore because gently caress you thats why!