Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'm bummed I don't get to watch Pettersson tonight.

Go Pens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
fuckin palmieri again

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
Rangers gonna get rolled but at least they've put together two good shifts in a row (after getting owned hard on the first shift)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Guentzel never misses :siren:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

fuckin palmieri again

He keeps scoring at that rate and they'll have to check his piss for the Nate Schmidt special

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Sullivan is making the weirdest decisions with his lines and the breakout is still a dumpster fire, but Pens are winning so ok then?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Someone explain this sequence to me because everyone hosed up in it
https://i.imgur.com/xnAbfRn.mp4

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Ahahahahhaha

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
Time for Flyers hockey :sigh:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I'm going with....Jack Johnson?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I was going for some good speed on speed but the stars seem intent on eating their own farts.

But the devils got a penalty for throwing the puck into their own bench, so it's not all bad.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

how is that not a penalty shot come the gently caress on

e: I mean I'm just complaining but he had no one in front of him and got hooked trying to get to the net...

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Flyers look like butt so far tonight against winless Florida

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Devils: still own

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

fire hakstol

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rangers PP goal :toot:

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
I want to make "Gritty Makes Quality of Flyers' Games Irrelevant" posts but I feel they've all been done.

It's only been a month.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Nice redirect Kreids

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
jesus, the last few periods for the Avs have just been horrendous hockey

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Spezza has zero finish. Please stop playing him so much.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Riikola looks a bit rough again so far tonight :(

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Riikola looks a bit rough again so far tonight :(

On the bright side the Crosby line looks like it's clicking

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Fast should have had two goals there.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

flyers pp looks ok but that top line just seems super predictable to defend

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Dumoulin has been awful this year imo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao fire hakstol

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Flyers gonna lose lmao

Reverend Sub-Zero
Jan 11, 2008

Filladelfia Pliers
:suicide:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:thunk:
https://i.imgur.com/lFvAa6Z.mp4

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

D Zone coverage from last year hasn't improved I see.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

what kinda start do the flyers need on the season to shitcan hak

let's say 15 games for a decent sample size. 5-10?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Rangers put 19 shots on goal that period wtf

can't wait to see the absolute horror show of a 2nd period they're going to lay down

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Levitate posted:

Rangers put 19 shots on goal that period wtf

can't wait to see the absolute horror show of a 2nd period they're going to lay down

the Avalanche have been outshot 50-17 in the last three periods. expect it to continue, somehow

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
If I could dust off an old chestnut

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Is this the year the Canes finally become good?

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Is this the year the Canes finally become good?

not with that goaltending/defense

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

It's been 5 games, is the dream over for Colorado already? I like it better when we can actually get out of our own zone

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Pens could easily be winless. I don't think they've played one good game this year. Lost twice to Montreal and currently losing to the Pettersson-less Canucks.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

not with that goaltending/defense

The defense seems pretty solid this year, no? Faulk/Hamilton/Pesce is probably as good a right-side as you're going to find, and they're all at the very least positive possession players.
I did not realize their goalie situation though. Good god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

The defense seems pretty solid this year, no? Faulk/Hamilton/Pesce is probably as good a right-side as you're going to find, and they're all at the very least positive possession players.
I did not realize their goalie situation though. Good god.

tbh I really only watched their game against the Rangers and they were kind of a poo poo show in their own end and I got the impression they've been that way for most of the season

• Locked thread