Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

Why did you cover the price? Hmmm

raton posted:

I cover the name of the store what was on the label internet moderator

Likely story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I really want to do this as a project but lightly smoke it for a bit before finishing it like he does, check this poo poo out:

https://kosherdosher3.blogspot.com/2016/12/chuck-roast-reconstructed.html

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

I really want to do this as a project but lightly smoke it for a bit before finishing it like he does, check this poo poo out:

https://kosherdosher3.blogspot.com/2016/12/chuck-roast-reconstructed.html

If you smoke before gluing you could probably smoke for like an hour and be good to go

If you got a cold smoker

Don't want to cook it first obv

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

honestly i thin kthere's an argument to be made that the chuck is the beefiest part of the cow that's actually meat, and not like a fucken ear or shin or something hosed up like that.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i know i will get poo poo for saying that but cook chuck roast nicely and you'll see what i mean.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

If anyone gives you poo poo they're wrong, chuck roast done with some effort is fantastic

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

everybody thinks steak is the beefiest but if you cook chuck roast right it has the strongest beef flavor other than some hosed up cuts. it's what i think of when i think of the taste of beef, not ribeye or strip steak.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

everybody thinks steak is the beefiest but if you cook chuck roast right it has the strongest beef flavor other than some hosed up cuts. it's what i think of when i think of the taste of beef, not ribeye or strip steak.

I'm a shank boy

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Best part of the cow is the tongue obv of course but I agree that chuck is more beef than tongue is beef

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

raton posted:

Best part of the cow is the tongue obv of course but I agree that chuck is more beef than tongue is beef

I was just going to post my cow tongue story. My mom made it all the time. Gross af looking. I got one hate food, and that strike was already taken. So I ate a good many slices of bumpy tongue material from a 4 pound slab on the dinner table just staring at me. With ketchup, lots.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Burt Sexual posted:

I was just going to post my cow tongue story. My mom made it all the time. Gross af looking. I got one hate food, and that strike was already taken. So I ate a good many slices of bumpy tongue material from a 4 pound slab on the dinner table just staring at me. With ketchup, lots.

You're supposed to peel off the outside

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

tongue is real beefy, but it's tongue it's not like a roast.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

You're supposed to peel off the outside

Tell my mom 30 years ago to throw away food. I dare you. She saved Tin foil.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

Get two tongues
Sear
Simmer with two onions about 3 hours
Peel
Slice into steaks
Score steaks on both sides
Mush minced garlic / smoked paprika / olive oil / salt / pepper mix into the scores for a while
Grill on hot grill on each side about 1.5 minutes to sear off

Reduce the tongue broth to a thick sauce and pour on top of tongue steaks

It's the best you can do with beef

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Purestrain beef

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

raton posted:

Get two tongues
Sear
Simmer with two onions about 3 hours
Peel
Slice into steaks
Score steaks on both sides
Mush minced garlic / smoked paprika / olive oil / salt / pepper mix into the scores for a while
Grill on hot grill on each side about 1.5 minutes to sear off

Reduce the tongue broth to a thick sauce and pour on top of tongue steaks

It's the best you can do with beef

:nms: that poo poo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Spanish people do something similar but they finish the sauce with orange juice

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

ya but it's got that tongue texture. it's hosed up, like it's too soft or something.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Hell Yeah posted:

ya but it's got that tongue texture. it's hosed up, like it's too soft or something.

The word you're looking for is maybe "perfect" or "ethereal"

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i eat tongue but after a few pieces of it the texture starts to gross me out.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Two tongues? How many people is that supposed to serve? That's like 6 pounds of meat

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
It's like you're kissing a pretty girl and then you get tired of going out with her so you just start eating her instead.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Two tongues? How many people is that supposed to serve? That's like 6 pounds of meat

It's an event meal for me so yeah, you get this big platter of beautiful seared tongue steaks, boat of sauce at hand

You can cut the portions in half if you want obv

Tongue reheats very well BTW

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
Gbs has become a bunch of old men arguing about meat and I wouldn’t have it any other way

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

raton posted:

It's an event meal for me so yeah, you get this big platter of beautiful seared tongue steaks, boat of sauce at hand

You can cut the portions in half if you want obv

Tongue reheats very well BTW

Microd tongue mmm

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Gbs has become a bunch of old men arguing about meat and I wouldn’t have it any other way

BBQ tongue with a sprinkle of cilantro

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Slice it thin and grill those suckers with a little lemon

Or get it in a taco

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

you could try participating in the discussion you know. it's not going to kill you.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Brisket in my area has become hideously overpriced and that sucks

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Slice it thin and grill those suckers with a little lemon

Or get it in a taco

Russians simmer it chill it then serve it with vinagrette I've heard but I like it my way

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Brisket in my area has become hideously overpriced and that sucks

I haven't bought it for a long time but any meat requiring more than four hours of work that basically falls out of the cow into the refrigerator case in a ten plus pound chunk has no right to be asking more than a few dollars a pound

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Hell Yeah posted:

you could try participating in the discussion you know. it's not going to kill you.

Tongue is great, I’m in the DC area and El Salvadorian restaurants make lengua tacos that even Burt would like.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Tongue is great, I’m in the DC area and El Salvadorian restaurants make lengua tacos that even Burt would like.

I’m on cholesterol meds already. Kill the mod!!

While it's advantageous when consumed in moderation, cow tongue's fat and cholesterol content has some drawbacks. Each 3-ounce serving of cooked cow tongue comes loaded with 19 grams of total fat, including 6.9 grams of saturated fat. This makes up almost one-third of your daily limit, based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Cow tongue also contains 112 milligrams of cholesterol per serving, which is 37 percent of the daily limit. Watch your portion size when consuming cow tongue to avoid eating too much cholesterol and saturated fat -- they increase your blood cholesterol, which boosts your cardiovascular disease risk.

E lol who eats 3oz of anything?

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3CMX1EhbuQ&t=26s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3CMX1EhbuQ&t=26s

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Burt Sexual posted:

I’m on cholesterol meds already. Kill the mod!!

While it's advantageous when consumed in moderation, cow tongue's fat and cholesterol content has some drawbacks. Each 3-ounce serving of cooked cow tongue comes loaded with 19 grams of total fat, including 6.9 grams of saturated fat. This makes up almost one-third of your daily limit, based on a 2,000-calorie diet. Cow tongue also contains 112 milligrams of cholesterol per serving, which is 37 percent of the daily limit. Watch your portion size when consuming cow tongue to avoid eating too much cholesterol and saturated fat -- they increase your blood cholesterol, which boosts your cardiovascular disease risk.

Well gently caress, anyway I made some burgers out of chuck I ground myself yesterday and after some marinating they were good as hell.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Looks good! Like the plate. And you eat one white table clothes? Whoa

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Well gently caress, anyway I made some burgers out of chuck I ground myself yesterday and after some marinating they were good as hell.

Bring me some it's not that far

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Burt Sexual posted:

Looks good! Like the plate. And you eat one white table clothes? Whoa

That's a dishtowel I forgot why I put it down on the table before I took the picture

The plates came as a huge set almost for free at Goodwill so I have square plates right now but the plates I like are the round Corelle ones because they are light and invincible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

raton posted:

Russians simmer it chill it then serve it with vinagrette I've heard but I like it my way

Ill have to try it next time

• Locked thread