Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Leeks own and I don't even know why specifically.
Look at this giant mild green onion!
Ok.
Good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Big Beef City posted:

Ok.
Good!
thats exactly why they're good tho

raton posted:

I remember getting those because they seemed very cheap, I thought it was like 3 or 4 for the bunch and I checked the tag to make sure it was by bunch rather than pound, but maybe I'm not remembering things right

They are from Walmart
cool. like a bog standard walmart, or a walmart neighborhood market grocery store?

e: also raton, you're the fluffy ponies guy right? I keep mistaking the other guy for you, the one with the similar username to your old name

a hole-y ghost fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 19, 2018

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Big Beef City posted:

Ok.
Good!

IMO they have a mild additional flavor that is kind of like asparagus but without the asparagus pee stink thing

They're the superior onion option for most stews

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

thats exactly why they're good tho
cool. like a bog standard walmart, or a walmart neighborhood market grocery store?

e: also raton, you're the fluffy ponies guy right? I keep mistaking the other guy for you, the one with the similar username to your old name

It's a normal walmart, it didn't use to have groceries in it but they added them some years ago. They don't always have leeks.

I don't know who I am it's fine

raton fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Oct 19, 2018

naem
May 29, 2011

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

theyve always got cheap high quality leeks at the chinese grocery store here

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Chinese grocery I used to go to had a lotta different choy

Shanghai choy
Bok choy
Double choy

Different kinds of little cabbage things

Main drawback was that you paid by weight and when you washed them off at home you realized about half your money had gone into sand purchases

They also had a wall of fishtanks and a guy with a sloped eye and an IQ of about 75 who wore a rubber apron and would dispatch and scale your chosen fish in a brutal noncaring way

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
My local grocery store recently hosed up and ordered too much sirloin tips so they were selling them for $5.50/pound, when they normally sell for $11-12/pound.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Tripe is super good in soups, like have you guys never had pho?

Dunno if I'd cook with it myself but there are a couple noodle places around here that have really good tripe based soups.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Tripe is super good in soups, like have you guys never had pho?

Dunno if I'd cook with it myself but there are a couple noodle places around here that have really good tripe based soups.

I had pho a billion times but I don't get the tripe in it

Tendon is fine

Tripe is not good

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
Brisket and tripe pho obviously.

Tendon is good but I feel like I usually find it in thicker stews.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

Brisket and tripe pho obviously.

Tendon is good but I feel like I usually find it in thicker stews.

Tai and bo, both horribly mispronounced, is how I do

• Locked thread