Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
I used to post good ideas, but now there's a rule against advocating violence against major public figures, so now I keep them to myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
me irl

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I once did not post because I was asleep but then I woke up to discover that my cat had posted for me, I have never had a good idea however sorry I can't be of more help OP

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Sometimes if I browse the forums really late before I sleep I will dream about posting and then I’ll wake up and think I posted some insanely dumb poo poo whilst half asleep and have check to make sure I didn’t

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.

Addamere posted:

I once did not post because I was asleep but then I woke up to discover that my cat had posted for me, I have never had a good idea however sorry I can't be of more help OP

I remember your cat’s post. It was a really good idea

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
I often start writing a post and then halfway through just think "Ah, gently caress it." and close the tab.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Captain Splendid posted:

I often start writing a post and then halfway through just think "Ah, gently caress it." and close the tab.

:same:

NecroBob
Jul 29, 2003
I'm actually not posting right now, except for this post of course

I'm eating breakfast before I leave for work

I hope you all have a good day whether or not you post

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

NecroBob posted:

I'm actually not posting right now, except for this post of course

I'm eating breakfast before I leave for work

I hope you all have a good day whether or not you post

How was your day? How was work?

Work hard or hardly working etc.

Stop not posting

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Chrs Gry posted:

Sometimes if I browse the forums really late before I sleep I will dream about posting and then I’ll wake up and think I posted some insanely dumb poo poo whilst half asleep and have check to make sure I didn’t

Same for me except the other way around

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I like never post anymore.
It was a lot of fun for me when I made effort threads. I think I may do it again, but not now.

I hope so tbh.
So much to say and laugh about, better than crying.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sid Vicious posted:

My ideas are all terrible so I post all of them

Your posts are great Sid please

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

spinderella posted:

It was a lot of fun for me when I made effort threads. I think I may do it again, but not now.

I hope so tbh.

that would be a good thread topic

Things to Post Instead of Crying

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
I very rarely start threads, but I can kill 'em like whoa.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

spinderella posted:

I hope so tbh.

You should definitely post an effort thread again soon

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Mozi posted:

that would be a good thread topic

Things to Post Instead of Crying

Heh.
Just lol if you aren't doing both

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
there's a time for posts and a time for crying
you take a chance and face the wind

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Cubone posted:

there's a time for posts and a time for crying
you take a chance and face the wind

To everything there is a season

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Osh-KYy4Cw

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
i make sure that all of my worst ideas end up on this forum so neither i nor any of you can really ever get away from them. it's a punishment, and we're all along for the ride.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

unpleasantly turgid posted:

i make sure that all of my worst ideas end up on this forum so neither i nor any of you can really ever get away from them. it's a punishment, and we're all along for the ride.

Great point Dan, I've always appreciated and respected your candor

AllNewJonasSalk
Apr 22, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I post all my ideas on these drat forums and have watched as none of them were stolen. drat goons for not running off with a great idea of mine so I can sue them in small claims court for making use of my intellectual property!

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
:justpost:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

All my good ideas are stolen from me before I have them. It's very frustrating

Wile E. Toyota
Jul 18, 2008

Under no circumstances should you be proud of someone for wearing flip-flops.

Captain Splendid posted:

Once I decide I'm going to post I commit, and have never backed down, even upon realizing it was a bad idea.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Evil Agita posted:

because you are scared goons are going to steal your ideas? Ever since I took acid I stopped having as many good ideas so I DONT want goons to steal the ones I DO have.

Have goons ever stolen your ideas?

everyone is welcome to my goon valor.

that said, I have no good ideas.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i have to fear of posting OP look at my freakin rap sheet

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
I have this fear all the time.

That's why all my posts are bereft of ideas worth stealing, or intellectual activity in general, and don't reflect how incredibly smart I really am.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

cursed image

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

I see those commercials for inventhelp and I know it must be a scam but I'm unfamiliar with how. Do they own your invention? do you pay to submit your invention?

Has anyones grandparents ever used inventhelp and can if so can you explain how they got ripped off?

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Sometimes I can't post for a few days and I can't fuckin figure out why

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Captain Splendid posted:

Same except it's just think "Am I going to get probated for this post?"

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

If you want to post but you can't because there is a purple banner across the forums its because you ain't no bitch and you tell it like it is

Obsidianheart
Apr 26, 2017

Throwing off the shadow of a better man.
I post whatever* whenever** and I don't care if anyone steals my ideas*** because I'm not using them****!

*Anecdotal horror stories about my wasted youth/early adulthood

**When I've been drinking a lot of scotch

***I don't actually have any of these

****This is accurate, I'm the white-noisiest kind of poster

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo
Your ideas weren't good before either, but the insight gained by that hella wicked trip you took on the acid lets you see that now.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
All the time, not for a fear of stolen ideas tho. More like, there are no new ideas, anything I post would just be a worse version of something someone already wrote. Booze works great for getting rid of that barrier tho.

Richter Scabies
Dec 30, 2012

I've killed a thread here and am cripplingly afraid that I'll do it again.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

At the start of the year I made several posts about my prized bouncy ball (seen below), spread across various gbs threads.

That picture was the first one I posted and it has almost 800 views despite being hidden on imgur, suggesting all the views came from gbs. A few days later browsing goon adjacent weird twitter I saw a tweet about how bouncy balls are the best objects that had about 15K retweets and was made an hour or two after my first bouncy ball post. I knew, deep in my brain's heart, that they stole those precious life affirming retweets from me. The worst part is they weren't even authentically experiencing the joy of a bouncy ball like I was.

Moon Atari fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Moon Atari posted:

At the start of the year I made several posts about my prized bouncy ball (seen below), spread across various gbs threads.

That picture was the first one I posted and it has almost 800 views despite being hidden on imgur, suggesting all the views came from gbs. A few days later browsing goon adjacent weird twitter I saw a tweet about how bouncy balls are the best objects that had about 15K retweets and was made an hour or two after my first bouncy ball post. I knew, deep in my brain's heart, that they stole those precious life affirming retweets from me. The worst part is they weren't even authentically experiencing the joy of a bouncy ball like I was.

This is my worst nightmare.

Also now that I quote you I can see your link, but the timg tags are hiding it in your regular post

• Locked thread