Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bowmore ran a THING mafia and I totally owned it as the THING, that was good times.

I trust you will live up to this legacy Cpig

Same! He ran an off the cuff Thing-like for auspll yonks back and I was the Thing and also owned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also I'm in

So is this The Thing, or just A Thing?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I propose we head towards all scary noises or strange goings on, not away from.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

hey those with role pm's should confirm.

it's a good practice

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

how do you know your vt?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i'm gonna pat the dog, he seems nice.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

as of the following post i had not received a PM;

CURSES

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thought i had you

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

I've never been cult recruited, actually.

I guess nobody likes me.

same. i've been a recruiter but never been the recruitee

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

everyone i got to recruit i'd do it because i wanted to hang with them in cult chat but there isn't one

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it says they don't have oot comms, but they are aware of who the other infected are. so the argument is then would they have much incentive to try protect or cover for their infected friends?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

(closes eyes and points randomly)

##vote chaoslord

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i think we should vote for anyone who isn't willing to get lynched D1

Yeah everyone vote me first then.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually it's not gonna matter because they'll just infect the person we blood test dueing the day that night, won't they?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

##vote Rhjamiz

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Rhjamiz posted:

This is a pretty chill game (because of all the snow).

Is it safe to toast marshmallows over a burning monster corpse? ##vote toalpaz

Tho gently caress if I can figure out a good testing strategy. Should we re-test DB? How likely is it the monsters would try to recruit a cleared dude?

Yeah I was thinking the same.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Thinking out loud here:

If there's motivation for the infected to not get night killed, so they can stay in the game, then maybe they might be willing to bus their fellow things.

However, because people are suggesting we keep moving onto testing new people as opposed to repeating, that means their turn may come up sooner than later regardless of how they play, so what's the point in them doing that?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

I didn't vote for you, but also I can read so I knew you wouldn't die.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

So there's no coordination, no strategy, but awareness.

Would they bus their bud or hard ignore them (safety in numbers) etc etc

Whatever they do because everything is wifom at the moment, I can't see how we would pick up on 'scummy behaviours'.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Okay I don't know enough of the meta of rf and past games, is there any super obvious candidate for the n0 monster who would recruit retro futurist?

Doesn't matter if it was a night 1 recruit either, really.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Eg if gaspy were here and flipped infected I'm sure you'd all be looking at me and vice versa.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hal Incandenza posted:

Ha I got you RF!!

gently caress I totally missed that

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Asiina Keane and clord would be my meta picks from this roster.

Asii and RF bleed the same maple blood afaik and Keane and clord have good history with rf maybe a few others but those are my picks for lovely meta cases.

Asiina asked earlier who our top 1 picks would be. I could be wrong but that seems like a great uninfected content creator to later capitalise on when one of those who answered flips infected.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol or a great misdirection by the monster.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i don't think there's a downside for the infected to claim/counterclaim the nightkill if they have more than one infected

Lmao I didn't think of that, and if they hadn't either....

Hahaha

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Whaaat

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i'm a cop and got a n0, gulagdolls is scum

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah no one's believing day 1 stuff

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It would be the opportune time for an infected the play a gambit hmmm

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah K ##vote redneck

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Why not? It's not like we're lynching them.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

It's not your normal mafia game red, you're not gonna die from being tested so no big drama yeah? Gotta test someone

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

note that i say "other(s)" because i'm a bit fuzzy on the wording of the game mechanics

i.e, did we start with one person as the thing and they chose someone to make two vs we started with one actual infected person, offed one last night, and still have one remaining because the infection went before the nightkill

From the way I read it there were two infected during day 1 (n0 recruit) and last night there would have been three. So we are back at two today. The original monster and either the first or second infected.

I thought the monster is the only one that infects, but the OP says creatures..

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

redneck nazgul posted:

i mean, if i get tested, it means i'm cleared for that night's kill and that's it

it's not a good thing one way or another because it's not going to turn up scum today so it's a waste

i'm just laughing at using two, possibly three jokeposts as a rationale for using our one guess

Again, anything is better than nothing. I don't think we're gonna get the usual scum inconsistencies and lack of casing as strong tells, but I could be wrong. There's also little risk in losing people, it's just wifom if they'll infect previously cleared players or not, but again we have to test someone anyway..

I'm trying different things and seeing what gets traction. My other idea was who would recruit RF first, if we know enough meta about them, and work back from there. AA mentioned a couple, but that's it.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Yeah I don't see last or second last game playing it like this friends.

I don't get what you mean, sorry.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Is that blood test time?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I think we test someone else because AA is not the monster because he got given a weapon.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Nor was he infected at the beginning the night.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually how sure we get there still is a monster in play?

The op just says there's an n0 creature that infects a player. Flavour speaking the dog was the creature and the dog has been killed.

So is there a player that is the creature? or was it just a flavour mechanic thing created by cpig?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

i don't think i follow you here beet
Ignoring the concept of the original monster for a second, We know for certain he wasn't infected at the beginning of the night. Because only the uninfected get a weapon.

So what odds are better?

The likelihood that aa got the gun and was also chosen to be infected on the same night?

Or the odds of testing another previously untested player who also may have been infected last night or on a previous night?

I'm not at my computer so I can't break the numbers down easily, but I would feel that the latter would have a greater probability of finding infected because they may have been infected on a previous night, where we know AA definitely was not.

• Locked thread