Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

pram posted:

reminder that lowtax spent lots of money making these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSfr8C60VgM

wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

one hundred million dollars.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

two million dollars from account regs alone

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

y'all should be paying me for this poo poo pearls before swine

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
talking in terms of money is all well and good, but what i want to know is how many thoughts and prayers are needed.

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

TimWinter posted:

Just host the forums using a bunch of cobbled together free tiers from different cloud providers.

god knows we have enough insiders to game that system

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

don't forget the 7 bedroom mcmansion in missouri

(which lotwax was subsequently obliged to sell, because you fuckers don't buy enough custom titles!!!!!)

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

that probably ran him, what, 100k?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

(which lotwax was subsequently obliged to sell, because you fuckers don't buy enough custom titles!!!!!)

was that the doom house?

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!
We break out SA into amazon lambda functions and then have each account pay for its strict server time used for accessing and querying data using tagging functions, then they just pay their amazon bill directly

I estimate based on nothing at all that converting these gay dead forums into that architecture would take like no work at all

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

that probably ran him, what, 100k?

more like 500k

it was a very large house

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

boy do I have an exciting idea for Lowtax

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3851283&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=472#post489206151

lomarf

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lmfao what

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

shcool of hard knocks. university of life.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

pram posted:

lmfao what

why bother going to college if you're going to go to prison or kill yourself when you realize you spend most of your free time handing out probes

it's like being a janitor except actual poo poo can be washed off

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

pram posted:

lmfao what

lol

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
I'd actually pay a couple of bucks a month for the forums - maybe like $2/mo

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

WilWheaton posted:

We break out SA into amazon lambda functions and then have each account pay for its strict server time used for accessing and querying data using tagging functions, then they just pay their amazon bill directly

I estimate based on nothing at all that converting these gay dead forums into that architecture would take like no work at all

That'd actually be super sick but I bet the billing would be hard as heck unless there was something built into the platform.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

lowtax could charge $0.25 a year to use these forums and increase revenue by %100000 and everyone would say "ok sure" but i think radium quit a long time ago so that probably won't happen

Pachelbels Cannon
Oct 26, 2018
he could wait for a new untranslated danganrompa to come out and then charge extra for access to the anime subforum.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Sorry, you must have a YOSPOS Gold membership to ignore this user

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Pachelbels Cannon posted:

he could wait for a new untranslated danganrompa to come out and then charge extra for access to the anime subforum.

unfortunately people just shared accounts when this was happening

ideally taxman would charge like 10 bucks a month to even look at the let's play subforum, 10 more to post in it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

flakeloaf posted:

Sorry, you must have a YOSPOS Gold membership to ignore this user

lol if you've ever used the ignore function like a goddamn coward

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
pay to mod could be a goldmine

bronze package 5 probations 175 kyankabux
gold package 10 probations + 1 ban for 250 kyankabux
platinum package 20 probations + 2 bans 350 kyankabux (best value)

then you sell kyankabux packs that are multiple of 400 so you always end up with leftovers that you can't use unless you purchase more

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Roosevelt posted:

lowtax could charge $0.25 a year to use these forums and increase revenue by %100000 and everyone would say "ok sure" but i think radium quit a long time ago so that probably won't happen

25 cent a year charge 75 cent processing fee. we will make it up in volume

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
paying to probe or un-probe would be hilarious, especially if it is prominently marked in the rap sheet

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene
just think about never having to read another notorious bsd post ever again

if you could pay to shut me up yospos would make me silent forever

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Roosevelt posted:

okay i think it's time we all confronted this and admitted the truth:

"radium" was lowtax all along, he just invented another person to cover for himself

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Next you're gonna tell me Leonard j crabs isn't real

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Stymie posted:

okay i think it's time we all confronted this and admitted the truth:

"radium" was lowtax all along, he just invented another person to cover for himself

kidding just self 500

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

i keep trying to become the new radium but i think emailing lowtax every day about it got him to not like me somehow :shrug:

pram
Jun 10, 2001

HoboMan posted:

i keep trying to become the new radium but i think emailing lowtax every day about it got him to not like me somehow :shrug:

sounds real sad + pathetic op

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

pram posted:

extremely same

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

pram posted:

perfect to be the new radium then

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
we'll tell investors we're going to put posting on the blockchain, then after the cheque clears tell them we did it, and then just sit on the money forever.

no one will ever check.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
lowtax release the awfulcoin

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the old model is dead and relying on the odd charity drive bites honestly

my legit question from the OP stands.. i doubt it would cost much per month and three monthly charges would minimise overheads

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
The old model is dead. Time to modernise to the next big thing: a monthly subscription model

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
lmao @ the mod dues thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Serve this lovely site on some static CDN in the cloud or whatever and preserve all the shitposts. It'd solve the archives problem and then crowdfund the hosting costs to nerds who want to keep their let's play threads preserved

Like what's the problem

• Locked thread