Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
nah, VAR is an absolute joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Nah, anything that fists Newcastle like an Islington slapper is good by me.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

bowmore posted:

Can we just gently caress the VAR off

:agreed: :same: :hmmyes: etc

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
gently caress we always lose after scoring the early goal.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.
For any American out there whos interested in the A-League like me needs to know that its back on ESPN via the ESPN+ service. For 5 USD a month you can get your fill of A-League action along with other minor leagues like the Chinese league and the Indian League. Also, Serie A, the Dutch league, MLS and USL (US 2nd division) but everyone knows the A-League is the reason to get it. Anyway am hype to watch A-league again for the first time in a few years and will enjoy staying up late watching here in the states.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

lol at whoever missed that from brisbane

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Bogan Krkic posted:

lol at whoever missed that from brisbane

Taggart.

Which is surprising.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Finally we get a VAR check go our way.

gently caress you all. I love the VAR.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

But I think those are eyes...
(source)
I'm 100% agin it, especially with the calibre or referees we've got in Australia.

E:fucken chalk that one off you robot cunts

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I mean we're literally in fourth game of the season and we've had four decisions that materially changed the game in each case. He purpose of VAR wasn't to make the referees decisions for them, it was meant to address obvious error in the officiating. None of the decisions that have been turned over fell into that category at all.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
This is a joke now, a complete joke. Even though the commentators are ripping into the officials and VAR

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Lol marionettes

E: I like that autocorrect gently caress up so I'm keeping it

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Eh, given how many times the Mariners got hosed over by lovely reffing, I'm all for the VAR.

I abused Beath coming off the pitch at Bluetounge and basically screamed "You useless Refs are the reason we have the VAR". I see nothing to change my opinion.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Sure, I think everyone agrees that the refs as a whole institution are garbage. The shift to professional referees doesn't seem to be as effective without year round professional grade matches to officiate.

The problem is that the people in the VAR bunker are those same useless officials. It's the blind leading the blind.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

Perth are looking good, imo

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.

The problem with var at a-league level is that the refs make mistakes not cos of the pace of the game but because they genuinely just make the wrong decision and var lets then double down on it

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

gently caress off Wanderers

Forever

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Sure, I think everyone agrees that the refs as a whole institution are garbage. The shift to professional referees doesn't seem to be as effective without year round professional grade matches to officiate.

The problem is that the people in the VAR bunker are those same useless officials. It's the blind leading the blind.

The problem is, as I understand it, only a few of the refs are full time professionals, and definitely not the Lineys.

I think I saw a fair few A-League refs officiating NPL this year.

mang
Jul 21, 2015

Byolante posted:

I traveled to Brisbane to get drunk and watch Brisbane lose. Who is the new star player to disappoint me this season

looking like another mediocre season is in store friend

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
The foot is back and Wellington won and that's good.

Here's a A-League story. After Adam Parkhouse got released from the Phoenix he came and played against my lovely pub team, I don't know why but I'm assuming he had mates in the opposition team. It was the only game we lost in the second half of the season and the whole thing felt really weird.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

mang posted:

looking like another mediocre season is in store friend

I reckon Brisbane will be alright once they click, Henrique looked like he was winding back the clock. It's actually really hard to identify teams that stagnated or went backwards this year, which is rare.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

Robo Captain posted:

The foot is back and Wellington won and that's good.

Here's a A-League story. After Adam Parkhouse got released from the Phoenix he came and played against my lovely pub team, I don't know why but I'm assuming he had mates in the opposition team. It was the only game we lost in the second half of the season and the whole thing felt really weird.

Well don't be a cocktease, tell us how you shithoused the gently caress out of him. Did you get to take him on?

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

Tongues posted:

I reckon Brisbane will be alright once they click, Henrique looked like he was winding back the clock. It's actually really hard to identify teams that stagnated or went backwards this year, which is rare.

Newcastle stick out for me - Roy the Boy is still seven weeks away, Champness is out for an extended period and they didn’t really get any players except that Jair bloke who was unimpressive. Adelaide have also not addressed their most glaring deficiency - a lack of cutting edge in fromt of goals - and I fear for the Wanderers if they can’t find a decent CDM pairing (they had to start Mahazi on Sunday). The other seven clubs are much better though.

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013

Tongues posted:

Well don't be a cocktease, tell us how you shithoused the gently caress out of him. Did you get to take him on?

The other team had a few other ring ins that were pretty handy so they were moving the ball a lot and doing triangles and poo poo and was hard to pin down. Probably was a bit was worried about being hacked down by a bunch of skill less amateurs.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Based on round 1 WSW might challenge CCM for the spoon.

Also bolt may have bolted. Not surprising really.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Disappointing crowd for a balmy Friday night in Adelaide, if even we can't get the crowds up then the league has issues

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

NTRabbit posted:

Disappointing crowd for a balmy Friday night in Adelaide, if even we can't get the crowds up then the league has issues

Always been poo poo friday night crowds. Same thing happens in the nrl.

Better 2nd half so far.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Can the Mariners hold on to a 1 nil lead again or will the curse of my multi keep them from a win and me from riches i will proceed to blow on ever more stupid sports gambling multis?

Who am i kidding. Melb look way better than us, score flatters us.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
That Rubens performance was actually worse than the standard of football in the A-League

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Held on for a much undeserved draw.

gently caress you Gamblor.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
I can't tell if blue Sydney are real good or red Sydney are just shithouse

Porque no los dos

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I think its us and wsw for the spoon tbh.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Look I'm no guardiola but I reckon that milos bloody ninkovic against rashid loving mahazi is about as close to watching an actual murder on the park as we're likely to see

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)

MiniSune posted:

I think its us and wsw for the spoon tbh.

Dunno, mcormak should be worth about 9 points on his own. Wanderers whole game plan is to try and not lose by too much

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Dunno, mcormak should be worth about 9 points on his own. Wanderers whole game plan is to try and not lose by too much

True.

For a bunch of new blokes we are going ok.

The offseason we did our best to recreate the red wedding.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Probably necessary though, I can't imagine magic Mike putting up with half the poo poo that happened last year.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Tongues posted:

Probably necessary though, I can't imagine magic Mike putting up with half the poo poo that happened last year.

Nobody would. Okon was a fraud but our recruitment was sub par (again) last season. By xmas we should be a fair bit better.

The fact that 7k turned up tonight after the anus horrible of last season actually exceeded expectations.

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Fuuuuuuuuuuck offfffff

Tongues
Aug 28, 2009

(source)
Jesus Christ, this is a joke.

What the gently caress are they doing to our loving league you stupid cunts

Adbot