Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Why are there a bunch of metal guys in suits and sunglasses walking around in unison?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jessant
Jun 16, 2001

*picks up explosive crate*

hmm...

well poo poo

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gotta say, I bet human resources is glad all 20 of us nameless faceless office guards have the exact same build, height, weight, and nearly the same facial features to boot. Probably makes it easy to sort out uniform sizes.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
DID SOMEONE JUST loving ATTACK THE ROOMBA?? KILL THAT MOTHER FUCKER, EVERYBODY TO ARMS

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
WHAT?! NO!! THE ROOMBA IS ATTACKING US INSTEAD?! TIME TO ADD YOU TO THE LIST OF NSF CASUALTIES, VACUUM CLEANER

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
hey is anyone interested in buying some spare ammo or weapon mods??

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

I'm concerned about our medical leave policies. The doctor removed a bullet five minutes ago, and the soldier is already on his feet and back in uniform. He's answering my questions about if it feels more like fire or ice to be shot in the stomach.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Praise be to the magical medical bot

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
*goes on mission, returns to empty office*

who stole my poo poo

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Get outta here, Denton!

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
man i wonder what in that place behind jaimes. i bet they got some better offices in there

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Can't seem to break into the armory right now maybe I'll try again later

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

I’m here to convert your desk to ergonomic

*smashes chair with baton*

naem
May 29, 2011

Hyrax Attack! posted:

I’m here to convert your desk to ergonomic

*smashes chair with baton*

I didn’t ask for this

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

the employee fridge is for food only

bodies go in the dumpster

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

PantsandCola posted:

YEAAAAAARRRRRGGGH-GAH

I think my last playthrough was about a decade ago and the sound effect played in my head crystal clear as I read this post. Excellent transcription.

Edit: i'm giggling like an idiot at this
https://youtu.be/2hW5KyeyWHQ

Nicodemus Dumps fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Oct 19, 2018

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

curlys gold posted:

the employee fridge is for food only

bodies go in the dumpster

Cold bodies are cold LOL. u complain everywhere u go...u are banned from this supranational paramilitary force

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Puts the lemon-lime soda in the slot that is supposed to be occupied by orange.

Come on dude I've already done that.

Go put these crates of guns in the closet instead.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

That IT guy spends a lot of time building hidden cabinets and chatting over messenger but hasn't set up two step verification for e-mails.

HR hasn't gotten back to me about how we're supposed to submit resignations. Better use my best judgement.

CheeseThief
Dec 28, 2012

Two wholesome boys to brighten your day

What do I dial for an outside line? I keep getting the loving message, "this number has been disconnected by order of UNATCO".

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I had to change your password again so I sent it to your unsecured tablet next time don't get hacked

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Why is everything black marble? Are we the bad guys?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Pesmerga posted:

Why is everything black marble? Are we the bad guys?

Pay no attention to the black sclera effect our protective masks give us.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Me: So with my direct deposit paperwork submitted, pay should show up in my account within the week.

HR rep: No, six months.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alex Jacobson keeps coming to my office. Anna and Gunther kicked him out again so they can gently caress in the IT room.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hey boss, a bunch of paper cups and coasters and poo poo with an MJ12 logo showed up. Should we send it back to-- oh, I'm being disappeared now? Gotcha.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

*Stands on table during staff meeting* "I'M THE CAPTAIN NOW!"

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Can we get a new armorer? I think the guy we've got now is going senile. I tried to requisition a silenced pistol for a mission and he started ranting about how he once killed a battalion with a penknife.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
*gets written up for huffing expired pepper spray by the loading dock*

Communist Bear
Oct 7, 2008

The commute to this office is a pain. There's only ever one police boat and that fucker Paul keeps taking it for unscheduled trips.

Man I hate this job. Can't wait to move over to my new job with Versalife in Hong Kong.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Already finished up my first office prank. Yeah, I saw all those notepads with people's passwords on them, so I copied them but changed all the Os into 0s. IT is gonna have a field day lol, it'll be majestic.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Fabulousity posted:

*Stands on table during staff meeting* "I'M THE CAPTAIN NOW!"

Hahahhaha this guy gets it. Also, all the potted plants.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
*places candy bar on book shelf*

There, now I can start working!

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
man these unatco guards are bad rear end. you can bounce a basketball off their face and they dont even flinch

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
*explodes a gas grenade to cover up a fart*

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
that’s literally the entire job interview

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Rex 84, short for Readiness Exercise 1984, was a classified scenario and drill developed by the United States federal government to detain large numbers of United States citizens deemed to be "national security threats", in the event that the President declared a "State of National Emergency". The plan was first revealed in detail in a major daily newspaper by reporter Alfonso Chardy in the July 5, 1987 edition of the Miami Herald. Possible reasons for such a roundup were reported to be widespread opposition to a U.S. military invasion abroad, such as if the United States were to directly invade Central America. To combat what the government perceived as "subversive activities", the plan also authorized the military to direct ordered movements of civilian populations at state and regional levels, according to Professor Diana Reynolds.

Transcripts from the Iran-Contra Hearings in 1987 record the following dialogue between Congressman Jack Brooks, Oliver North's attorney Brendan Sullivan and Senator Daniel Inouye, the Democratic Chair of the joint Senate–House Committee:

[Congressman Jack] Brooks: Colonel North, in your work at the N.S.C. were you not assigned, at one time, to work on plans for the continuity of government in the event of a major disaster?

Brendan Sullivan [North's counsel, agitatedly]: Mr. Chairman?

[Senator Daniel] Inouye: I believe that question touches upon a highly sensitive and classified area so may I request that you not touch upon that?

Brooks: I was particularly concerned, Mr. Chairman, because I read in Miami papers, and several others, that there had been a plan developed, by that same agency, a contingency plan in the event of emergency, that would suspend the American constitution. And I was deeply concerned about it and wondered if that was an area in which he had worked. I believe that it was and I wanted to get his confirmation.

Inouye: May I most respectfully request that that matter not be touched upon at this stage. If we wish to get into this, I'm certain arrangements can be made for an executive session.

Contingency plans by the US Government for rounding up people perceived by the government to be subversive or a threat to civil order have existed for many decades. For example, from 1967 to 1971, the FBI kept a list of over 100,000 people to be rounded up as subversive, dubbed the "ADEX" list.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

*Takes UNATCO flag into boss’ private bathroom*

*flushes toilet*

*is transported to a dance party with all of my favorite? characters*

paperchaseguy
Feb 21, 2002

THEY'RE GONNA SAY NO
*smokes seven packs of cigarettes in thirty seconds*

HELIOS: YESSSSSSSS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

jimmyjams posted:

man these unatco guards are bad rear end. you can bounce a basketball off their face and they dont even flinch
Give it 20 years and I bet the augs can throw basketballs hard enough to kill.

• Locked thread