Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo-k-gyhY90
This is how a 3 year old drives lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

To be fair, the Ferrari is a bad choice for a 3 year old. Maybe put him in a Mustang. :rimshot:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Won an FIA Nations Cup race for the first time today at the Nordschleife (after getting punted twice, having to make a long stop to repair damage, and make up 9 seconds on the last lap), so I'm pretty proud of myself.

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

And so Black Jesus turned water into a bucket of chicken. And He saw that it was good.

That's amazing. I don't think I've ever finished that track without wrecking even once.

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Won an FIA Nations Cup race for the first time today at the Nordschleife (after getting punted twice, having to make a long stop to repair damage, and make up 9 seconds on the last lap), so I'm pretty proud of myself.

Sounds like a good replay to watch!

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

Scarf Ace posted:

sick, i think we used to play gears of war on 360 ages ago. added you and mercedes

Oh hey, that’d be me! Neat. Lost touch with so many folks since then - more than a decade ago :saddowns:

Mercedes posted:

Eugoons add me too. Empire_of_ravens

I would definitely be down for some afternoon/night races in a Sunday or something

Ineffiable posted:

Yeah I think we need to get a poll going and see what our best availability time is for an European focused (but American welcomed) group.

Based on the post above and my personal schedule:

Time zone: GMT / Eastern Standard Time + 5 / Pacific Standard time + 8
Times: 12pm - 10pm on weekends; after 6pm on weekdays
Days: At least Sundays; but I’m available all days

Any other Euro players want to weigh in with their day + time availability?

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Alright lead-foots, we're quickly approaching that time where we hang our laurels, shelve our trophies, reflect upon another season of experience and prepare for the next round of battles, victories and defeats.

We want to continue to make these races as fun and convenient as possible and that usually means getting more people on the field.
So please take a minute to fill out the corresponding survey for whichever race you'd like to participate in.

US Series Doodle

EU Series Doodle

Awful Ones Doodle

*All time blocks include an hour of practice (optional but suggested) followed by a round of qualifying then start.
If a block starts at 7pm (your time) the qualifying will start at 8pm (your time)

DevCore fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 29, 2018

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

They're bringing the new penalty-zone system from the GT Tour races to Sport Mode:

Gran Turismo Sport posted:

Under the new system, Time Penalties will now be cleared at Penalty Lines indicated by a yellow arrow on the track.

When a car has been issued a Time Penalty and reaches a Penalty Lines, it will decelerate automatically and will not be able to accelerate again until the Time Penalty has been cleared.

The locations of the Penalty Lines will differ from track to track, with up to 4 set per track. While the Time Penalty is being applied, the car will be ghosted in addition to slowing down, so that it will not be subject to collisions with other cars.

However, while you are ghosted and clearing a Time Penalty issued to your car, make sure to drive off of the standard racing line to get out of the way of other cars approaching from behind. Not doing so can result in your car losing the 'ghost' status and reappearing in front of a car approaching rapidly from behind, causing further collisions and incidents on the track at your fault.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_3494949.html

Solution: Don't get penalties.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats a good thing. People bull-in-a-china-shopping their way to first place on the last couple laps and just eating the penalty once the race was done was some real bullshit

E: Lol at them unghosting you if you stay on the line. That wont get abused at all. One step forward, one step back I guess

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

E: Lol at them unghosting you if you stay on the line. That wont get abused at all. One step forward, one step back I guess

I had the same thought.
It's hairy enough passing ghosted drivers and never knowing when they'll phase back into the real world.

I mean I guess the idea is to promote correct driving but we all know that's not going to happen.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

People are gonna stay on the line, get slowed down by the game, get unghosted, making everyone either hit them or brake hard/swerve/crash, guaranteeing that they serve their penalty, stay on the line, and dont lose positions.

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
The penalty system has been.. pretty bugged the last two updates.

I'm still getting SR hits for "driving near" other cars.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

The SR taking a hit for bump drafting really chaffs my rear end.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Wow, if you have loacdell pedals for PC sim racing and for some reason aren’t running them through Gimx or a drivehub to play GT Sport, you really need to

I set up my Fanatecs with Gimx tonight and played GT Sport for the first some since July, and my times on Nurb GP were only a second off my fastest times when I played every single night.

The ability to threshold brake is crazy awesome

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also since i haven’t played since July, I missed the switchover to weekly races. What day/time do the races move to the next week?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mercedes posted:

I don't think I know how to use the brake bias to any benefit...

front to increase understeer while braking and turning, rear to increase oversteer while braking and turning. its pretty much as simple as that. thats basically what the bias does so its just a case of deciding for yourself whether the car needs more or less of it

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Also since i haven’t played since July, I missed the switchover to weekly races. What day/time do the races move to the next week?

the answer appears to be "sometime Monday" from a CST point of view

E: Also to add to brake bias chat, dont assume each car is the same, or that you necessarily do or dont have to adjust the bias. There are cars I can run dead in the center and be fine, and there are cars (like the GR3 R8) where brake bias means being 2 seconds slower than my best qualifier on neutral bias, or setting a new best time by bumping the bias forward two notches.

The R8 (to me anyway) is way too tail happy on neutral bias.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 5, 2018

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

It can also vary by track, especially if there are tight corners where you need a little more rotation than neutral can give you.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If you watch GT Sport on Youtube or Twitch, there are some big names in here, as always Polyphony production is on point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32bU8GSLvwI

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bouncy bois are never what you want to see on the grid.

I’m super surprised I didn’t wind up in the infield

https://youtu.be/UyixFP9Zscw

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I’m super surprised I didn’t wind up in the infield

https://youtu.be/UyixFP9Zscw

Oh man, that's the worst. I moved and switched providers/equipment and my jittery-boi problem was solved.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thankfully it was his connection and not mine. I had full bars. I wish the game was better at detecting when that happens and ghost the car. You can see auto drive didn’t quite know what to do with it either. I’ve been hit by those cars before and punted off track at like a million mph

There should just be an equation that says if you see a car moving at over 500mph just ghost it

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Thankfully it was his connection and not mine. I had full bars. I wish the game was better at detecting when that happens and ghost the car. You can see auto drive didn’t quite know what to do with it either. I’ve been hit by those cars before and punted off track at like a million mph

There should just be an equation that says if you see a car moving at over 500mph just ghost it

1000% agree.
I posted that video where I got blasted head by a car snap-resetting back into position at several hundred mph. Also had full green bars, but the strange thing is, it kept happening.
I haven't seen it since I switched ISP's. Also I went from fiber internet back to cable...

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
funny video of me getting screwed out of a massive FIA race lead by one of those guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52rUP4I9drI

the sad engine sound from the damage afterwards is a nice touch

DevCore
Jul 16, 2003

Schooled by Satan

I.N.R.I posted:

funny video of me getting screwed out of a massive FIA race lead by one of those guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52rUP4I9drI

the sad engine sound from the damage afterwards is a nice touch

The exact same thing happened to me on the exact same track on the exact same segment. I feel your pain.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

It’s happening every race now. I also had a race with two cars doing it!

It messes up other people’s auto drive, so it can’t be just my connection.

One race, the glitchy car was in second place on the grid, the green flag dropped, the first car autodrove away. The glitchy car say and glitched, and everyone’s auto drive piled them up behind it.

The lead guy had like a 15 second head start.

E: it’s a known problem with the last update https://www.reddit.com/r/granturismo/comments/9v087c/new_update_is_great_happened_in_both_races_i_did/?st=JO7QDYVI&sh=b99991c8

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga
lol jeez why the gently caress didn't they ghost him? guy is in 13th:psyduck:

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
if you see a car doing that then it's probably their connection rather than yours. even if they have low ping i think its more like a symptom of an unstable connection than a weak signal, since in europe there are guys from the UAE and saudi arabia and the african continent who have 1 or 2 bars all of the time due to their location but there are never any problems racing with them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I guess I've never paid attention, but does GT Sport do the thing where it picks your car number based on where it expects you to place?

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I guess I've never paid attention, but does GT Sport do the thing where it picks your car number based on where it expects you to place?

If I remember right that number means your relative ranking in DR among all the drivers on the same grid. So if you're number 3, you could still be in spot ten because you need to set faster qualifying times, even though you might be statically better than the other players.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Hah, when we were playing GT5 in 2010 this was GibberNZ every race. Looking at my screenshots from then I know Nerobro and Yuns are still around. Is Gibber still around? Did latency to New Zealand improve?

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
Yeah, I am. I need to go racing with you guys. :-)

I'm generally about 3/4 down the pack with my qualifying times.

.... i've been doing some real racing too. With R/C cars. Heh.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I used to run 10th scale short course, it was so fun.

Now I have kids and cant really afford to blow an entire Saturday on qualifying and different heats until my kids are old enough to race then IM BACK IN IT BABY

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
I miss racing with you guys. But I never got a PS4. I've been too busy with other things in life.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Life has been busy for me too, but it’s been fun to drop in for one or two races a month.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Anyone tried it post-last nights upgrade?

Are the jumpybois gone?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I got disconnected before two out of four daily races today. Entered, practiced, saw the grid loading screen, then back to the race select screen.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Go into options in GTS, then there is a network icon that will let you delete local content.

That should fix it, you won’t lose your save or anything, it’s just temp files as far as I can tell

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Semi Finals in Monaco are airing now. This is the beginning of all the regions racing against each other: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oiJbRmcQcw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes
Mar 7, 2006

"So you Jesus?"

"And you black?"

"Nigga prove it!"

Those were some good rear end races for sure.