Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I’ll play, Yami games are always fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:discourse:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

##vote Toalpaz

Feels good to play again

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

voter fraud is a form of lying and only scum lie

##vote beet

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:negative:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Everyone gets my name wrong and calls me scumalong.

it's very hurtful

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lampsacus posted:

So this is a role madness game right? That means I'm not special for having an interesting power. Because mine sure is interesting!

You'll always be special to me!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

This is going to be a slow day 1, isn't it?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

Hey, the less D1 bs posts to read, the better.

I’m quite disappointed by my role. It’s as vanilla as they come.

what did joke phase ever do to you?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

D1 sucks as a new player. You don’t know anyone, so you feel awkward joking around with them. And it means that everyone is upping their post count and there’s even more pressure on you to post for the rest of the game. Add in how many extra posts you have to read for the rest of the game (I’m a lazy player) and it blows.

Hi there, I'm Mr. Humalong! You can joke around with me and take solace in the fact that I always feel awkward all the time!

Realtalk: I always felt awkward posting on SA because I felt like "oh they all know each other and I'm the new guy, no one wants to read my forced jokes". Rest assured, most of us are not some sort of insular group looking down on all the new players (this includes me, I am a new player). Or maybe they are and I'm not included. :smith:

Let's make our own cool kids club!!! :unsmith:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

32 votes out of 20 players that's a 160% voter turnout!

Amazing to watch democracy in action!

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Neuts in

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Toalpaz is the quickest gambit draw in this here town

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

imgay is essentially claiming to be the mercenary from throne of lies, who is neutral and wins by protecting people at night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Azurelana posted:

Wait I don't understand.

If he's 3p how is he a town bodyguard?

a lot of the time only the scum have a nightkill so it's a lot easier for imgay to protect town players.

this goes out the window if there's also a serial killer, or a town vig, or if imgay is lying.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

I've never heard of a mafia game/role that has coins and trading/buying items. Is that actually a thing?

http://tol.wikia.com/wiki/The_Mercenary

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

imgay posted:

I'll throw out another poll tomorrow to figure out how people want me to follow up.

do you start with any coins?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dancer posted:

Why would you want to know that

so he can protect me without fear of dying, duh

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

also I wanted to see how people reacted to that question

:getin:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Lampsacus posted:

Where do these polls come from? A SA mafia discord?

Straw poll, he’s been linking them in the thread.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

That's another ToL role. Interesting. Also a 3p in ToL, but doesn't necessarily have to be one here.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Yami usually gives scum elaborate fakeclaims, so I'm wary of any claims. Lunching a claimed cop on day 1 is a bad look, although I don't think "magic user" and "non-magic user" is analogous to scum and town like clord claims. I'm not really sure where to vote at the moment, I need to reread.

hambeet posted:

Forgot to ask what's tol again?

Throne of Lies. http://tol.wikia.com/wiki/The_Inquisitor

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I don't think that's a scum slip from imgay lol

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Not a huge fan of Lamp's posts so far. Is Lamp a new player?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'm not seeing anything on Kash. They joke voted Asiina, got a little miffed about all the role fishing, and didn't like Dancer pushing willie or everyone's hedging on CL. None of that reads scum to me.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

merk has been pretty low content but has a justifiable reason

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

So you'd like to go for Dancer instead? Can you give us your thoughts on who you want lynch? Not to have the newbie freakout, but we're not working with a lot of time here.

Hmmm yeah, I think I like the case on Dancer better. ##vote Dancer

That was a lot of aggression on someone who just replaced into the game, although willie saying "do i even need to read all these posts?" doesn't help

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kitiara posted:

I don't know. What if Dancer was scum and this was part of one of the fake claims? But yeah... I had forgotten about this. Cheers.

I'm not being hedgy (what does that even mean?), I'm trying to avoid a no lynch because we're very close to the end of the day and need 11 votes.

Hedging your bets. "I'll do x unless y seems more likely to happen"

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Dick Bastardly posted:

Kashuno = NOT EVIL

Hmmm

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

It’s at 70 votes already what the hell

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

:aaa: What is this game

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

We got people voting for a claimed cop who has posted results

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hi I’m here to play. Toal seems really scummy to me. Might be my blinders because they always flit from case to case, but this feels different. ##vote Toalpaz

Also FWIW I have a night result that might shed some light on all this alignment confusion.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

A random vote on me really makes me regret not getting that lunch on Dancer day 1.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also I think flipping cpig will give some good info, but I haven’t really seen anyone defend him? I know the new scum meta is to not really defend your teammates, but to let them sink or swim on their own and maybe push a vote on someone else.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Sorry I’ve been lurking, just hard to get back in the swing of playing.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Oh hey cpig voted for himself. That’s kinda weird.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Kashuno posted:

The goal is to defend your scumbro without actively doing it to appear obvious, in which there are definitely people to look at in a cpig flips scum sitstuion

Yeah. ##vote cpig

The info from this flip will be a lot more useful than us shambling to another no-lunch I feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

only me, merk, some third person...also...youre saying that if he was town, nobody would defend him, but also if he was scum, nobody would defend him, according to this new scum meta, which is not new at all!!

All metas are new to me

• Locked thread