Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Sign me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

##vote AA

We need to do this now.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

imgay posted:

How can you live with a pc, I can't even imagine

You go and suckle drops of internet out of ethernet ports I believe. It's a miserable life.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

hambeet posted:

Except when it's accurate

The truth hurts Hambeet.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Azurelana posted:

Oh okay so it's just a numbers game.

Is this a common role? I couldn't find anything like it on the wiki.

I've never seen it, but Yami likes role madness.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Day one day one

Whaty you gonna post

When you can't think of jokes

Day one day one

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

merk posted:

Sorry I'm just catching up now. I was celebrating my engagement last night over dinner!

Congrats merk!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

/roll dice

##vote mona

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Eat a mix of egg curry and day old burritos and poo poo post away

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Open the gates

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Yeah I'll

##vote chaoslord

Seems good as any.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Well poo poo. Sorry all that's why I put my vote on CL. Knew I'd be asleep for the deadline.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I am back. Sorry busy few days.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I am also Amaranth aligned and after evildoers. No mention of magic.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Toalpaz posted:

And before anyone accuses me of jumping on whatever, I'm making fun of ASF for making a town claim into a post for no reason. Its like if you just posted 'yeah, I'm town too' unprompted.

Except other people are claiming town and specifically mentioning anti-magic flavour.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

I assume the amaranth wincon involves more than evildoers then

Nope, Amaranth and all I need to do is wipe out the evil doers.

Also

##vote db

You aren't one of us.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

Anyone voting DB who didn't have a policyvote on imgay this entire game is scum or an idiot.

Imgay was different, he posted outright as 3p. db is floating two towns now? Which is a theory but one I'd like to test. All we have flipped so far is Amaranth.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Yeah this seems way more important.

I am Amaranth aligned but my flavor is very specifically technology oriented.

Amaranth and no mention of a technology/magic divide. Just need to wipe out the "evil doers".

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Dick Bastardly posted:

killing town as a test I think isn't protown.

i dunno, mafia dads welcome to chime in and tell me why my logic is flawed

Two towns is a big claim. I suppose if the towns are evenly numbered we could wait til scum hits one to test it, but I mean I'm just not sure I believe it.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

that's a lotta hambeet at once.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also
##unvote

If other people are claiming a second town, well whatever, let's see what happens. Still don't like DB though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also has anyone other than Kash given the name Arwinter for the second town yet?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Ctrl F'd the last several pages and no hits.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Going to bed

##vote cpig

Free lunch and no real reason to keep them around.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Considering they just gave Asiina poo poo for getting worked upand implied they fake getting worked up as a gimmick, having a hard time buying it cpig.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

this is absolutely not scum posts.

I disagree. Cpig literally made a thing earlier making fun of Asiina for getting invested in poo poo and then implied he fakes getting worked up as part of his character in mafia.

Then shortly afterwards did this whole thing. Like I am absolutely not buying it. Jimmy rolled that crocodile tears poo poo a couple of games ago, emotional posts do not mean they're sincere.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IO thought he got to 9 votes then Asiina moved to Kit?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina is doing a lot of setup spec, but given how weird the setup seems to be. That seems fair.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I agree with Toal that Amaranth taking second town being on our side for granted is a bit risky. Like I pulled back my DB vote but I think if none of them flip it might be worth looking at them again.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

I think we should try to find scum first and worry about "other town" later.

Here I'll start.

##vote ASF

I get why people are voting me.

Lurking and not posting much beyond votes on people who already have a few on them.

Hey guess who this also describes.

The difference is I know I'm town and I usually post like this (which is something I'm working on). Whereas my memory of you is much less lurkery.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm going to bed. If I get lunched look at IP.

##vote IP

They're real opportunistic and lurky. Which I mean I'm saying it, butI suck at mafia. They read insincere and aware instead of tired/busy/bad.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

ASF isn't scumhunting or contributing, she's just trying to continue talking about there being multiple towns. Which is a thing I have been blatantly ignoring because (as I stated in the same post!) I don't think it matters right now.

Yes, I was talking about claims before, but when you have claimed cops and claimed failed actions I guess you should ignore that because ???

I used those claims to try and piece out what is happening in this game. And, in my mind, cleared one person and moved two others, one of whom I was feeling was scummy, into my "leaning town" list. Some people might say "BuT tHaT's NoT sCuMhUnTiNg" but by reducing the pool you're increasing the chance of hitting scum.

Hard to build a case on someone with so little content :shrug:

I used what I had and ASF's response was to call me a lurker when I have more posts today than she does all game.

I wasn't extending the two towns talk for the hell of it. I was looking at the vote leaders at the time of posting.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

And yeah you posted more than me. You're still kinda doing the same thing IP. Like I'm town and doing it but I know why I am (bad and I need to engage to get reads so I tend to come in with crappy posts).

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

Also, because I've mentioned it twice now and merk seemed to be confused, I'll expand on the Phantom Thieves thing for those who didn't play/watch Persona 5 mafia.

I had three factions in the game (well, four technically if you count the SK): Scum, Town, and Phantom Thief. Phantom Thief was a dummy alignment, identical to town in every way except name. The entire point was that town didn't know if they were a 3P faction or on their side, which was done to mimic the game itself. And it worked! There were a couple days where the town argued about if the Phantom Thieves were on their side or not!

So as far as I'm concerned, that's what we have here. We have two town factions that seem to have the same wincon. I'd rather focus on scumhunting than worry about the other town. If it comes down to it and we're opposed at the end of the game, that's when I'll worry about it.

Scum thrive on confusion. Let's be less confused.

So if the other town is opposed your plan is to give them a free ride to endgame?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

If they would rather hunt for town than scum I can't really stop them I guess.

I will continue to scumhunt, however. And I still haven't seen anything from you that changes my opinion.

Yes scumhunting while blindly accepting a non-town faction is friendly sounds like great scumhunting.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Asiina posted:

So in case I do get lynched today, I want to address this before it disappears and I forget to bring it up after the game. What Jimmy did in that game was highly unusual. He legitimately scumslipped and then in his real panic to try to salvage it and protect his team (and confuse town from free lynching is scumbro) he pretended he was scum with Sal (who was town) and basically did a big distraction dance. It was a highly unusual situation. Meanwhile, Sal's emotions were very real and not faked and they looked just like Jimmy's, but he was actually upset.

Accusing someone of faking emotional outbursts is a pretty rear end in a top hat thing to do because if you ever do it when someone is truly upset, then you're making it exponentially worse for them. It's something that is generally frowned upon because at the end of the day we're all real people and sometimes get emotional and let's err on the side of compassion. In the same vein, faking an emotional outburst as an appeal when you're scum is considered a dick move and also doesn't go over well in this community. It skirts the line between acceptable behaviour because it makes us a little more callous to the next person who is just having a rough day.

I mean I get you. But he did just give you poo poo for getting worked up. Apologies to Cpig if you are being sincere though. Just my experience here is it usually being fake or they ask for a replacement.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

ASF continues to deflect conversation to the two towns that share the same wincon.

Please vote for ASF, my friends.

IcePhoenix continues to assert with zero evidence that the other "town" is not scum. Please vote IP who really wants no debate on whether we actually share a wincon.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Also IP completely misrepresenting me. Like Christ I started here just offhand mentioning the two towns thing in the context of casing Asiina and Toal.

The fact they're so sensitive to the mere supposition that the two towns thing is relevant is ringing alarm bells now though.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I thought IP being part of the second "town" was pretty implicit there. Why else would they be so defensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

ASF is clearly working against the town wincon of finding scum so I don't see myself changing my vote, either.

Yes blindly believing that you're town purely because you say so is what I should do. Yep clearly working against town by having some skepticism. Your laser focus on this poo poo and insistence on misrepresenting me has only justified my doubts. Like really this started with me looking at Asiina and Toal. I only cared about the second town thing as far as it was part of their posts. Then you immediately declared me scum for even mentioning it. At this point I'm deeply suspicious of Arwintar.

Now I'm gonna reread Toal.

• Locked thread