Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

ehhh sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Atomic Soda posted:

woah good timing soda i'm in

another game. another chance.

do we continue our dance, soda?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

WE'RE CONFLICTIN'

hey merk, rematch?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dancer posted:

And some I do recognize that are undoubtedly evil.

##vote IcePhoenix

:hmmyes:

##vote Dancer

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm looking forward to KB's new meta

Is that his new meta, his old meta, his new meta which is now old, or a reversion to his old meta, which is now new?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

i will not be voting imgay as a show of solidarity for imgay putting the work in

sorry keebs

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

merk posted:

Sorry I'm just catching up now. I was celebrating my engagement last night over dinner!

congrats!

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Imgay's been in two winning town games in the past couple of weeks. I don't think that they're physically capable of lying.

Yeah I'm willing to believe imgay right now cause imgay's shown that they're trying to make it work out - I've seen imgay get to endgame twice in as many weeks and he did fine (even exceptional) in both.

I'm gonna at least try and defend imgay from preemptive lunching.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

willie_dee posted:

Alright dick skins, I'm here to gently caress poo poo up, I'm not reading the thread until later on tonight, gently caress you all.

a man after my own heart

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Toalpaz posted:

Mason Mona
for obvious reasons

A Sometimes Food posted:

/roll dice

##vote mona

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The problem with D1 jokephase is trying to analyze some of these votes tends to be kinda slipshod cause people will vote for really dumb jokey reasons. That being said I don't see the vote you're asking about?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also I have podcast stuff to take care of today so I'll be in and out of the thread, mostly out for a bit.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

willie_dee posted:

As it's day 1 is there any point in me going back and reading all the poo poo tier inside regular mafia player jokes? I'd rather skip that crap and jump straight to the meltdowns.

You won't get any better at jokephase if you don't dehumanize yourself and submit to jokephase

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asiina posted:

Anyway, imgay possibly full of it but I have no issue keeping him alive for a few days.

I don't like these posts though:

If you don't believe him then fine, but saying actually he should be killed even if he's telling the truth because he might stop an SK or town vig from killing scum is a really big stretch. He might, but the chances are far more likely he'd protect a town being killed by a scum, so why is that a point against him?

I feel like CL is stretching to make a case against imgay.

##vote CL

I was going to bring up something similar. 3P hunting is the easy way for scum to contribute (especially this early), and I feel like clord is putting it on a bit thick.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kashuno posted:

Its the would votes that arent voting that are bothering me most. Its not like theres any real risk of accidentally hammering at this point and no one seems to have better ideas so what is with the weird hesitation

I basically went to bed not long after I put down my "would vote", and I didn't want to leave my vote up overnight.

Now that I'm here I'll ##vote CL

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CapitalistPig posted:

I can kinda see where clord's reasoning is coming from and I'm not sure I like the relatively fast vote buildup.
I also think that imgay's role seems like it could be helpful and am not in love with voting for him today.

This leaves me in a place where I would vote CL to avoid a no lynch but I don't think the case on him is particularly great.

Who don't you like on the CL push, pig?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kashuno posted:

Lol targeting a replacement right out the gate is a real bad look

Also this CL buildup acting like asiina got some top tier casing done is pretty lovely.

Im gonna go with ##vote dancer

Who was acting like Asiina got a top tier case done? It's D1, it's flimsy but it's at least a somewhat significant case based on how cl reacted to imgay.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##unvote

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Interesting that some people have flavor reasons to doubt this considering I've got Jack and poo poo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kitiara posted:

I feel a bit conflicted on this. Why would you claim cop on day 1 and get yourself that attention? If you are town, then you're just making us risk losing you. Were you hoping that imgay will protect you?

It made me consider whether you were scum, then I thought "no way, it'd be too risky for scum", but then would it be? Because the only way you get caught is if someone outs you in which case you know that they are the cop and kill them, but then imgay could protect this supposedly other cop. This train thought is why I always seem confused guys. It's because I am.

Asiina is right though. It'd be crap for us to lynch him today. So it seems that imgay and CL are gone as potential lynches. Who else should we consider? Dancer and Kash? Willie? How are you feeling Humalong?

he claimed cause we were about to lunch the cop, dummy

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Lampsacus posted:

Yeah I can second (third?) that magic isn't 100% correlated with being not good. Role madness!

I don't think we should lynch a cop claim. So we may as well vote somebody else randomly.

this is a bad post but you seem newer-ish so i'll let it slide but random lunching isn't a good idea, figure out who you think is scummy based on what's going on.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

What if I do... this.

##vote Dancer

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Eh.

That was essentially a gut check, because I've been very quietly wondering if this is Dancer's scum game. A lot of his posts are without substance or trying to low-key mafia dad, which felt like fake contributions even in the scope of D1.

I think he's scummy but my vote is likely better placed elsewhere, so I'll ##unvote for now.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

There was also him going after willie immediately who replaced in, which was bad form but that could also just be dancer's own weirdness.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kitiara posted:

Eh, I'm not really saying "vote Monathin", just the particular phrasing of your post rubbed me the wrong way.

This makes sense.

Nah, that's a fair read of that post. I kinda voted to see how other people would react to that idea. There weren't a lot of bites so people must have different reads than I do of him right now. Hence the idea of voting as a gut check.

I'm gonna be doing podcast stuff here soon so I'll be in and out for the rest of the day up thru and including deadline. I'll be skimming the thread but I'm not sure how active I'll be able to be (outside of being able to vote)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Trading one for one scum for town is always a bad play for the scum, even if it outs a cop.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like it's such a pro-town trade that there's a role that in some cases exists just to die to trade a town for a scum (some interpretations of Loudmouth are triggered on death)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

At any rate, I would vote just about anyone except DB/CL/imgay right now for the reasons already mentioned. I would like to hear what KB thinks re: Kash, as there were some things that maybe rubbed me the wrong way, but I haven't really played with Kash enough to make that judgement call.

Obviously my number 1 pick rn is Dancer, but I could be convinced with some good last minute casing to swing my vote on a bunch of other people.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Like I said, my pick on Dancer is mostly gut based, and a scan of his content feels forced. Mostly empty responses to stuff, or mafia-dadding the newer people.

I could vote Kash here.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ehh alright.

##vote Kash

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

In my limited experience every time has called me out on "pretending to be town" when I've voted them they've ended up being scum so I'm interested to see how that plays out.

You are, of course, welcome to your opinion.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote dancer

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kashuno posted:

You are the person who should actually be dying today but we dont have time

I mean I said Dancer was my strongest read, at this point I'm trying to secure a dunk like anyone else.

But I find you aggressiveness appealing. Maybe you'll break my streak :v:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

King Burgundy posted:

It's not too late for everyone to vote for the liar, Toal. :)

I agree, given how hard Toal kept thinking I was scummy the last game we played in, them wanting to mason me is shady.

(This is a joke post, but I will read back during the night.)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

[price is right losing horn noise]

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Well, that's interesting.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kashuno posted:

Monathin next for a variety of reasons including

Tell me why that one is SOOOOOOO interesting to you

Who said I was responding to the NK?

IcePhoenix posted:

My action failed last night

Interesting. Who did you target?

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm not voting cpig because cpig is notoriously and Commonly Known to be busy on weekends, as a being from Dimension 2 who has more time during the mon-fri chunk of the week than the fri-sunday chunk of the week to make posts

If he doesn't show at some point I'll vote but I'd rather not until he has a chance to actually defend himself.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Welp, gl cpig.

##vote cpig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?