Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Sure, the situation Dancer descriped could, in fact, exist, in all the infinite possibilities of a closed Mafia setup. A 2x Deathproof Juggernaut Serial Killer could also exist. My point is, in a nutshell, that, in a game of mafia, in which the basic concept (an uninformed majority vs an informed minority) remains unaltered, you can in fact rule out some scenarios. Beet's post also summed up what I was feeling: Town always wins with more info.

Maf edit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Dancer, I'm mobile so I'm not going to quoteblock you but if you want me to say a disagreement woth everything you put forward in a simple sentence, let me ask you this simple question.

Why?

You bring up this possibility that there is a hypothetical scenario in which DB witholding information completely (which is what Asiina and I were responding to) is a good idea, I call you out, because the scenario is not one that is likely to encounter, especially not one in what we know so far of the setup. You then admit (and here is the kicker), that the scenario is not particularly likely.

What point does that serve, except to stifle discussion? What point does it make to present a scenario in which DB's actions are justified that you don't believe currently exists?

It is literally only to shut down Asiina and then, later, trying to shut me down and paint a picture of me that, again, is bad faith assuming the worst of me. Why? Why do you assume I was trying to piss you off deliberately? Do you think I'm trying to make your emotional outburst into a scumslip gotcha?

You put forward the idea in a way that could have caused further confusion for town, while allowing yourself to easily distance yourself from it.

That's scummy, unless you can answer why, except to stifle discussion and shut down the idea that DB should share what he can, you put forward an argument you literally admit you don't believe to be the case.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I mean I almost would have accepted this as a difference in policy/opinion but the fact that you're trying to turn it back around on me makes me all the more convinced.

##vote Dancer

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I find it really rich you're calling me the uncivil one when you're trying to mafia parent me while having called me illiterate.

Go gently caress yourself, I'm done with you.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Hi I'm here to help

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Monathin posted:

Do you live in a gated community, kitiara? Because drat those are some nice hedges.

##vote Kitiara

this post is a good place to start kash (click-through for the quote)

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yeah I've made my opinions on kiti clear, I think.

##vote kitiara

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Asiina posted:

writes down "Game Idea: All Scum are Cops" on a piece of paper, files it away for a future game

:hmmyes:

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Guys imgay disappeared after I asked if hes keeping it 💯 seems sus

I feel like I can say with certainty that imgay is in fact keeping it 99.999

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

i believe gulag implicitly

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Monathin...?

i'm calling rounding error on my part

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kitiara posted:

Like if he has a death cop and merk claims a necromancer, then why does he spend the first two posts accusing merk?

I am assuming gulag obviously does not know who is what cop, because gulag's chain of command is incompetent and does not put names on their forms in triplicate

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Checking in. Without saying too much, I can verify Asiina's action.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I want to vote Tial but we really really don't need to turbo

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Also Merk

Monathin posted:

Checking in. Without saying too much, I can verify Asiina's action.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

oh lol :redhammer:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The fact that no one called poo poo on Azure's claim given Humalong had clearly been using clord as the litmus test made me very sad.

Also I still think the lurker rules were pretty harsh, but I've ragged on that enough.

Dancer, with hindsight being 20/20, i would like to apologize for my attitude towards you this game, though I would like to point out what you were doing was in fact pretty uncool.

Good game, all.

• Locked thread