Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

In

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

You've got issues, my friend...

my issue is you judging me

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

I’ll play, Yami games are always fun

And Yami loves my posting

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

Oh sweetie, who doesn't :wink: ?

:holymoley:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

it was a very passive conflict

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Please just make me an observer. I think it's time for a break for me.

rest up aa!

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol solus

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Azurelana posted:

I assume these votes aren't legit right?

Day 1 one is the most important day of the game. If you vote everyone at least once you get a power up.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Idk I think a good way to break a meta is to.....break a meta

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey! what's a meta with you!?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm irrationally upset that I couldn't vote for every option

Different browsers.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i learnt from america

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

Everyone gets my name wrong and calls me scumalong.

it's very hurtful

Except when it's accurate

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Kitiara posted:

Hey, the less D1 bs posts to read, the better.

I’m quite disappointed by my role. It’s as vanilla as they come.

I feel targeted.

Also lol sure you have a boring role in a Yami game.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Well even though he hasn't claimed town, but 3rd party, being a body guard means he only stops vigs and night kills. Which is good for town.

If you believe it

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

merk posted:

Sorry I'm just catching up now. I was celebrating my engagement last night over dinner!

Oh hey congrats

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dancer posted:

This particular aspect of the argument is straight up bad. "he's going to abscond by himself, so instead of letting him do that, let's spend a lunch on him".

Idk I sort of agree that the risk to town increases the longer he's in the game. That's not just an imgay policy thing, which I don't buy into, this is a 3p thing.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Alright dick skins, I'm here to gently caress poo poo up, I'm not reading the thread until later on tonight, gently caress you all.

It's not that sort of conflict.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

willie_dee posted:

As it's day 1 is there any point in me going back and reading all the poo poo tier inside regular mafia player jokes? I'd rather skip that crap and jump straight to the meltdowns.

Maybe read imgay? He's been the discussion for today because he's allegedly claimed.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol or do that.

Is your only reason meta willie_dee?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Timing as always

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I've been whatiffing the imgay thing. maybe he's scum and lying? Maybe he's keeping it 100% honest. if he's telling the truth it has utility to town, and on paper it seems it would help town more than hinder it. Even if it interferes with a town vig, or even serial killer it's helpful as those two hit town only most of the time, where as scum will hit town all of the time.

if he makes his own win condition or not I think we can deal with later.

So:

Kitiara posted:

It is Day 1, I’d vote for nearly everyone but myself because you all seem like scum. I do think imgay is saying the truth and agree that he should be lynched, but perhaps not day 1. Maybe we could make scum waste a NK on him.

At the moment though, this post from slash and the one agreeing with Asiina really came off scummy to me.

##vote Kashuno

You think he's being truthful yet we should lynch him? Was that a typo?

You can't see any benefit to town with such a role?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

chaoslord posted:

7 hours til deadline, votes pretty spread out, 8 folks not voting, and I’m gonna be out of pocket for the next few hours so I’ll go ahead and claim.

I’m Commissar Theodore Valkins and I’m an Inquisitor, or better known as a cop.

I get my results as magic user or not a magic user. Per my flavor and the OP, this should be analogous to Scum or Not Scum.

:eyepop:

Good day one hustle everyone

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well idk I'm loathe to lynch a claimed and un-countered cop at this stage.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

DB I don't know if you're soft countering or if you're trying to throw shade at the claimed cop.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

imgay posted:

you implying scum aren't wizards?

#notallwizards

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

this leads me to believe Dancer is a good guy

I see.

What's freaking you out about imgay?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mr. Humalong posted:

That's another ToL role. Interesting. Also a 3p in ToL, but doesn't necessarily have to be one here.

Forgot to ask what's tol again?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Lol.

I don't think that's a scum slip i think that's just Imgay being imgay

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The potential for town for both roles is far greater than the risk of leaving them alive today (if scum). Doubly so for the un-countered cop.

I'm not liking that you're throwing shade their way and pushing a vote on a claimed cop.

##vote db

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

i have cop powers and it doesn't look like clord's view of magic users and how evil they are make any drat sense according to how my cop works

ughhhh

##unvote

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asiina posted:

##unvote

Maybe some people are magic and some aren't but it's not an alignment thing??

yeah that's my reading of *waves arms wildly* all of this

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

also isn't amaranth that thing that was cool before quinoa?

the hipster grain

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin posted:

What if I do... this.

##vote Dancer

Max...?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hello.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I ARRIVE

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

works been slamming me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

anyway. i've had quick read through and none of this makes sense. everyone's like ~hurr i'll vote mona~ but there's never any votes. and now people are moving a vote onto one of the claimed cops?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

okay ill focus on mona first, because as i caught up i was sure as poo poo everyone was going to flip onto mona, but not a vote to be seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

starts off today with a good fishin:

Monathin posted:

Who said I was responding to the NK?

Interesting. Who did you target?

doesn't want to vote cpig because they're busy (fair)

Monathin posted:

I'm not voting cpig because cpig is notoriously and Commonly Known to be busy on weekends, as a being from Dimension 2 who has more time during the mon-fri chunk of the week than the fri-sunday chunk of the week to make posts

If he doesn't show at some point I'll vote but I'd rather not until he has a chance to actually defend himself.

we know mona then votes them and unvotes them. i think mona responds to accusations about that at least twice (on my read through) . basically they thought cpig gave up, voted for him and the unvoted when they came back to defend themselves. which was this:

CapitalistPig posted:

scum react.

KB scum. Nailed it.

if i believed someone had given up the game, this post here doesn't really do much to dismiss that. this isn't really the 'defending themselves'. somehow though, it was enough for mona.

Monathin posted:

I wanted cpig to come back and defend himself and he did. I took his post for a more serious flounce than it actually was. Anyone reading more into it is being silly or confused.

Anyway I need to go to bed. Don't try and turbo me while I'm asleep, tia.

the last part here about being turbo'd, yeah 75% joke. but it still seems akward and self-conscious. there were zero votes on mona here, why is mona automatically assuming they're gonna have a stack of them soon? scum mindset / guilty conscience?

• Locked thread