Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

mechanical keybaords have gone too far

:snype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helianthus Annuus
Feb 21, 2006

can i touch your hand
Grimey Drawer

echinopsis posted:

theoretically couldn’t they continue to patch vulnerabilities without making the whole pc slower

I mean now the windows store is trying to sell him a game with pop ups from the Microsoft store

all he wants is a screen that can watch Netflix and YouTube.. a smart tv would be more than enough

but regardless, he has an underpowered all in one and windows ten is not smooth on it. if a new browser was better than chrome for that I’d install it I think

netflix works on GNU/Linux now

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Helianthus Annuus posted:

netflix works on GNU/Linux now

yo we don't really watch silent films anymore

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

:drat:

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

that kid's p deece

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Captain Foo posted:

sure we do, they're just called gifs now

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

also drat this is :krad:

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

my stepdads beer posted:

i use firefox op

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what's the browser situation on ios anyway

i heard somewhere (and hell if i know where or if i even buy it) that they're all overlays on safari so it doesn't actually matter?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yes, apple has never allowed other browser engines or really any app that can run arbitrary code from external sources and its a better and more secure os because of this.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

basically. all some form of the webview with alternating features. the ones using the newer view get the good filtering features, which is what firefox does with their privacy minded version

its kind of silly to see them jockey with claims of being better. theres also always good old opera mini with the quasi rendered web tiles

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
some of them have better uis than safari but they all use the same bad render engine.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

whatever the opinion on it, at least knowing that everything's based on a singular renderer it easier to pick a mobile browser (read: the one that most easily syncs with my desktop one)

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the only browser on iOS is safari with an ad blocker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

yeah since i use icloud for storage anyway it's kind of a no brainer

• Locked thread