Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Agreed! Thanks for posting that!

I must know more. Like, how many coconuts?

The shoe-less factor reminded me of a situation we had with a group that rented our theatre regularly. They were a southeast Asian religious group, the name of which escapes me now, that, as part of their services, went around barefoot. I remember going to the asst director and asking, "uh, is this okay?" because I grew up thinking every public place pretty much has a "no shirts, no shoes: no service" policy. I didn't want to dunk on someone else's religious beliefs, especially a minority group, so I checked first. She dutifully contacts the county attorney that handled all our weird questions, and turns out we didn't really have such a policy --- it had never come up. The end decision was: they could take off their shoes in the theatre, but if someone had to come out to use the restroom or whatever, they had to put shoes on.

That attorney probably loved getting calls from us because it was always bizarre questions that no doubt relieved the tedium of day to day stuff. (I would, at least.) "Hey, we have a patron who wants to bring her parrot in, claiming it's a support animal?"

I can't remember if I posted this story or not... a BIG debate was had about whether or not people could bring guns in (we're an open carry state). The ultimate decision was patrons could carry, staff could not. Lots of heated board arguments about that one.

[now I have "This is America" stuck in my head]
Government lawyer here. We love this poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU