Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Quick loop back to the little free library derail because holy crap this is rad-

https://twitter.com/newsfromkerri/status/1075126012365565957?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Only one way to find out!

(please keep us updated :ohdear: )

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

...do weird things often go into the drop boxes?

https://twitter.com/libraryseaside/status/1324137105933529088?s=21

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

A while ago I was posting about a student collective's idea to have a designated queer feminist literature shelf for a semester to increase visibility for the whole topic, I'm happy to report that it's been quite the success, we're cooperating well and it looks great and is getting a lot of attention, including from local radio, and is already a successful project.

anyway the students looked at the display case we set up and remarked they could additionally decorate with "some items relevant to the idea of queer feminism", we said sure, knock yourselves out, and as I was walking past the other day I did a double take when I realized they'd put one single diva cup among the books and nothing else

a solid teachable moment for younger people who may not yet realize that not all women have vaginas or menstrual cycles imo.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

My Lovely Horse posted:

they've since added a sign saying literally that :v:

yesssss, that’s awesome.