Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Got any microfilm/fiche stories? I know all the reaction they're likely to cause is exasperation from young people who have to do a school project and need to figure out how to work such archaic machinery but I have a soft spot for them. They're a uniquely library thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's that time of year. Tell me about your haunted libraries :ghost:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Cythereal posted:

Sorry for double posting, but it's been that kind of weekend.

I've been asked for a lot of strange things over the years I've been a librarian, but today gave me a new one. "Hello. I've recently come into possession of some tablets written in ancient Sanskrit and I was wondering if there was anyone there who could translate them for me."

Tell us about the new cult/religion you just founded