Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

vorticity (n):
A measure of the local rotation in a fluid flow. In weather analysis and forecasting, it usually refers to the vertical component of rotation and is used most often in reference to synoptic scale or mesoscale weather systems.

Pillbug

Vietnamwees posted:

Geez, are weirdos in public libraries THAT big of a deal??

If you have to ask, you're the library weirdo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

vorticity (n):
A measure of the local rotation in a fluid flow. In weather analysis and forecasting, it usually refers to the vertical component of rotation and is used most often in reference to synoptic scale or mesoscale weather systems.

Pillbug

Y'all were talking about Little Free Libraries earlier, and today I stopped to get some pictures of the one at the local Episcopal church:

TWO copies of the hit novel The Hunger Games!!

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

vorticity (n):

Pillbug

My local county library system is doing curbside pick-up for reserved materials, and has doubled their budget for Hoopla / OverDrive borrowing for at least the next month. But the actual buildings are closed.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

vorticity (n):

Pillbug

I can't really tell because I'm not a librarian, but my local library is doing curbside drop-off / pick-up (or you can always use the return slot on the side of the building) and really pushing their online services like Overdrive and Hoopla, plus doing lots of Facebook Live events like story time for kids. They're also a wifi hotspot for the city so people can sit in the parking lot and use their internet service.

vortmax fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 10, 2020