Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

It's what it says it is. Specifically, an interchangeable bit for a mechanical screwdriver. Which is the same as a modern electrical screwdriver except it would have a crank handle instead of a button to make the head turn. You just don't recognise it because nobody uses fork head screws any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Coheed and Camembert posted:

When I worked at a public library, we still had a few guys who'd whack off at the computers, they just didn't make regular appointments to do it. I was working circulation desk at one point and saw a guy *sprinting* out the front door, followed by our security officer who caught him trying to jack it. This was around 2016, so I have to assume it still happens today.

Did he sprint out with his tackle swinging free, or did he find time to put it away first?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The_Other posted:

Re: The Scientology stuff. Most of what they donated was related to Scientology directly. IIRC it was Hubbard's other "non-fiction" writings, it actually looked like those old Time-Life encyclopedia style book series. The revision to the Scientology doctrine Fleta Mcgurn is talking about were mostly for the high level "Operating Thetan" (or OT) courses, that cost anywhere from $500,000 to $2 million dollars and can only be taken at certain locations, one if which is the ship Freewinds. There mainly doing that to get more money from their wealthier members, Chick Corea, for example, had to redo OT8 back in 2016.

Chick Corea was a Scientologist? gently caress.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Ah yes, they're tossing the rarest books such as Huxley's Brave New World and Shakespeare collections

Those copies of Brave New World are in good shape. The fact that that particular book has been removed from the curriculum at this particular time should give pause for thought whether the books were being thrown out or not. Fahrenheit 451 might have been a little more on the nose, but not by much.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Captain Mediocre posted:

Terribly out of order and most of them ought to be withdrawn.

Also there's no way that's a real copy of IT. loving thing is 900 pages in hardback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

My Lovely Horse posted:

As well as that, "Steven"

I missed that in my phone. But also right next to it a misspelling of Nevil Shute.