Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Antivehicular posted:

I recall a very old (and non-SA) message board thread from an adult-video-store clerk who cited the VHS version of this problem as the worst part of her job. Seems legit.

Keyboard goop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

quote:

there he is again, palm-slapping the glass like he's trying to get a Chronicle of Riddick VHS in there

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

mercenarynuker posted:

I would play Encarta Mind Maze as OTJ training

Sounds like Scientology to me. Operating Thetan: Justice.

Just give Karl Urban a real gun and send him to Clearwater.

Edit: j/k about that. I don’t need any more Mormons visitors, either.

Quad-edit: didn’t realize I was talking to myself. I just found/read this thread and didn’t peek at the end. You can tell by the time stamps on the posts not being one after another 🤥

DerekSmartymans fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Nov 9, 2019

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Unkempt posted:

Nobody has to go to reddit.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

How many pennies did you get?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Dick Trauma posted:

I worked at my local library when I was in high school and the only patron I can still remember is the man who would stand for hours at the paperback book racks, just spinning them, and then from time to time he would loudly exclaim "sssssSSSSSSUCK MY COCK!" and then dash for the front doors.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Jedit posted:

Chick Corea was a Scientologist? gently caress.

I thought Chick Corea was like an all-female Asian Punk band?

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

My Lovely Horse posted:

what indeed keeps you from walking out with a stack of expensive “art” books

Maybe that’s why he went to the bathroom? In college the library was three stories and the third floor was all study rooms. There was a single toilet male/single toilet female bathrooms, rarely ever used. My roommate worked at the library and said that every couple of days the janitor would have to mop and clean out all the “art,” “photography,” and gymnastics magazines (three of them! WTF!) beforehand. I’m pretty sure the staff knew who it was, but I think the decision was made just to let it slide because at least he wasn’t being creepy to the ladies there and never seemed to make a mess. The janitor used to work in a hotel and had horrific stories of cleaning rooms and stripping bedsheets, according to my bud, and seemed like English butler type of unfazeable. Like he’d seen some poo poo in his day.

Also he said the people he worked with were all sweet and as this was in the day of card catalogs they were ready to help everyone 👌🏼.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

LOL IRL