Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

EccoRaven posted:

code:
            __
(\,--------'()'--o
 (_    ___    /~"
  (_)_)  (_)_)

> What? I didn't catch that.
> Ask again! Woof woof!
:ins:

Herbert... do scum dream of electric sheep...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

A Sometimes Food posted:

Woke up saw we were 15 mins to deadline with a clear vote leader. No regrets.

What's the discord channel name?

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hambeet posted:

What's the discord channel name?

"Scrimby Bunjus"

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

A Sometimes Food posted:

Woke up saw we were 15 mins to deadline with a clear vote leader. No regrets.

doubling down w factual inaccuracy, going for the too scummy to be scum route

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually, it was still over 30 minutes.

CapitalistPig posted:

Actually, it was still over 30 minutes.

Ah. My bad.

I still doubt we'd swing away from 9 votes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Ah. My bad.

I still doubt we'd swing away from 9 votes.

yes yes of course. That's a very townie mindset.

(that is sarcasm.)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

lol

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

:krad: NO ONE is ON NOTICE for Act 1! Thank you all for posting so very much! :krad:

It was a powder keg, waiting to go off. It started slow, but the fuse had been lit. With everyone knowing there had to be a traitor among the crew, it didn't take long for tempers to rise, accusations to fly, and guns to be pointed at one another. Nevertheless, the crew pressed on - they had to get to the control room where Snitch had been found - without him to relay the map info, they'd have to go find it themselves.

Getting up to the control room wasn't hard. In fact, it was suspiciously easy - Snitch had claimed all the guards were off-duty tonight, thanks to a forged email he had gotten into the system. Once they got up to where Snitch's grisly corpse was, though, all hell broke loose.

"You been kinda... -quiet-, Wraith." One of them spoke up. "

"Aren't I always?"

"Not like this." Eyes narrowed among the crowd. A few nervously went for their weapons. "You're more sullen, you seem too calm about all this. Way too calm."

With all eyes on him, the man named Wraith looked at his fellow crewmates. His eyes darted nervously, his teeth grit sharply. And then suddenly, he moved, faster than anyone could see. He lunged past the rest of the crew to the control panel, jumping over it as a hidden, retractable knife came out of his jacket and lanced through the system as he jumped on top of it to plunge the blade down. It fried the system in an instant - as alarms blared in the distance, and shutters dropped over the doors and windows. Useless given the lack of guards, except to keep the crew trapped where they were.

"poo poo! We're locked in!" "You -did- set us up, you bastard!"

Wraith just laughed, his eyes shrunk to pinpricks in the dim light accentuated by the sparking control panel beneath him.

"You think they don't know we exist? You think we're striking back against the man? You idiots don't know a drat thing! Of course we were gonna get played for fools, I just happened to know about it ahead of time! I was gonna get out of here! Find a nice cushy place to call my own! But now I see I was always gonna be the fall guy. Always gonna be their fuckin' cover! 'Course they needed someone like me to take the fall. Well, you know what? gently caress all of you, then! I hope you rot, you greedy sons a b-"

The control room erupted into a blaze of gunfire, as Wraith's torso buckled in the air, letting go of his knife, and falling through the shattering glass pane behind him - plummeting several floors below. A sickening wet crunch confirmed what was a long formality.

A few members of the crew went down to recover his bloody, broken, bullet-ridden body, but his communication device had some sort of dead man's switch - it was as dead as the man himself was. With the communicator down, and no further leads to any additional traitors, all they could do was breath a sigh of relief, hoping they could pin down his co-conspirators. They picked up some of his equipment to scavenge - no use letting it go to waste.

As for the map of the facility? Well, Snitch had been alright - he'd downloaded a backup to his brain, just in case, and a quick plug into his lifeless corpse managed to retrieve it. The R&D Labs were in Sub-Level 4. A massive sprawling chunk of the facility - far, far below the surface of even the Verge. And the lockdown meant no elevator.

It was gonna be a long hike down there.

:rip: Dick Bastardly, aka Carter "Wraith" Forgrave, SELLOUT(Scum)-Aligned Assassin (Ninja), was executed at the end of Act 1! :rip:

quote:

Some people have all the luck. Not Carter, though. He's always had to make his own luck from day one - and the only way he got lucky was if someone got thoroughly hosed. The less said about his family life, the better, he grew up a rebel punk who rarely had any money to his name. Soon enough, though, he started to get a talent for roughing people up, shaking them down, even makin' 'em disappear, after a fashion - after all, it's easier to beat someone up if you don't get caught doing the deed.

Soon enough, someone tracked him down - which was a bit of a blow to the ego, all told, given the whole 'don't get caught' thing. Still, he took it in stride - after all, she had an offer for him. Quit making small-time change, and start landing the big jobs he knew he could work. Trade in that worn-out leather jacket for some sleeker duds that fit his aesthetic a bit more. Get hooked up with a back-alley surgeon with some nice enhancements that make his job all the more easier.

He didn't regret the offer one drat bit.

It is now Intermission 1. All actions are due NO LATER THAN 11 PM Eastern Standard Time, Tuesday, November 6th. I will process and open the thread early should all actions be submitted before the deadline.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Nov 7, 2018

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

The building had been more labyrinthian they expected. The twisting staircases were underused, and many pathways - even with the map - were unclear, leading to slow progress from the main floor down into the sub-levels of the facility. It made sense, to a degree - no one was supposed to be down here, except those who knew what they were doing. No one had even known there were sub-levels to the facility - who would build below the Verge, of all things? For most corporations, the Verge was the sub-level - all their grunt workers, the employees who they didn't care about. They were under the sleek, shiny display floors level with the 'ground' of the Spire. The ceiling most day-to-day citizens would never break through.

The crew's progress was stymied, then, as they went through Sub-Level 1. While Sub-Level 4 had been where they expected to find the R&D labs, Sub-Level 1 was clearly a production floor for... something. Twisted metal shapes, half-complete and indeciperable, littered the corridoors and conveyor belts. Whatever this was, it wasn't the usual products New Horizon made - security systems, prefabricated building materials, militarized hardware for private militarized forces... sure. These shapes seemed like they had no use, and any attempts to try and piece together what they had been building were met with shrugs and stumped looks.

They wouldn't have long to puzzle on that, however, as shots of muffled gunfire rung outside the main production floor, in the cooridors beyond. As the crew rushed to see what was afoot, they realized too little, too late, that the crew had split up in covering the production floor - allowing one of their own to be picked off by their sabotuers, two holes expertly placed in his temple.

It was honestly impressive, from an academic standpoint, as his temple had been reinforced with carbon fiber plating - or so he said - many years ago.

quote:

You know, it's funny. There's a reason he's called Bones, and it's not cause he's a doc. It's more like what he's known for is sending people to the doctor.

For broken bones.

It sounded funnier in his head, admittedly, but the fact of the matter was, he was just enough big guy who did good work threatening everyone who looked at him funny. Which, given he was a big guy, he got funny looks pretty drat often.

He doesn't want you to know his story. He doesn't need you to pity him. When he joined the crew, he had one request - don't go digging too far into his past. It wasn't worth the time, and it was more trouble than it was worth. Bones drives a hard bargain, but in the end, the rest of the crew accepted.

Good for them, now he can keep his meal ticket rolling.

:rip: Jonathan Fisk, aka Walker "Bones" Lee, CREW(Town)-Aligned Muscle (Compulsory Visitor), was shot to death during Intermission 1! :rip:

Bones was a big guy, and he wasn't here to make friends, but he was one of the Crew all the same. Now, in this unsettling production floor, the Crew has to make a choice. Going down to the next sub-level will almost certainly give the saboteurs time to strike. They knew that Wraith had other people in the crew that he had been working with. The question was... who?

Even now, they could hear the muffled chimes and canned loudspeaker of the foyer.

"New...forward... your future."

It is now Act 2. Deadline is at 9 PM Eastern Standard Time on Friday, November 9th.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:camera6: Votecount for Act 2 :camera6:

Not Voting (16): A Sometimes Food, CapitalistPig, EccoRaven, GenericGirlName, got some chores tonight, GulagDolls, Hal Incandenza, hambeet, imgay, jimmydalad, King Burgundy, Kitiara, Max, Murmur Twin, SolusLunes, Toalpaz

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to execute. The current deadline is November 09th, 2018 at 9 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 2 hours.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8C716C8V9bQ

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Well how about that DB.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Good call MMT.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah mmt coming out strong there.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

nice

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

That kill is kind of weird. I figured some folks would be pushing for Fisk today given how he called the vote a bad one/etc.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Dick Bastardly posted:

I could see GenX and hal's votes as jokes but the me too and double downedness of ggn's posting seems too earnest. Kit hops on and off the vote at a whim... not sure if that's a tell or not. maybe I judged Kit too harshly but something weird is going on with that AA push imo

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm thinking Kit imo

quote="Dick Bastardly" post="489553226"]
Kit was flip flopy on the fourth in a bad push (imo) and disappeared.
[/quote]

Dick Bastardly posted:

im going with my gut. I always kick myself for not sticking to it.

Some important DB quotes, IMO.

Especially the last one, where he deliberately didn't jump on the imgay vote, and instead focused on Kit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Gahhh, I hosed up one of my quote formats.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

yeah i can't read that now max. do it again.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, DB was oddly focused on Kit yesterday when he came in for a bit. GGN earlier on as well during the spat with AA.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

But yes, good point. Some good old fashioned vote analysis might be appropriate here.

*looks around hoping someone else will do it*

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

yeah i can't read that now max. do it again.

DWI

King Burgundy posted:

That kill is kind of weird. I figured some folks would be pushing for Fisk today given how he called the vote a bad one/etc.

Agree, I was surprised by that, and in a very meta sense suspect Ecco for that kill.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

hambeet posted:

But yes, good point. Some good old fashioned vote analysis might be appropriate here.

*looks around hoping someone else will do it*

I don't have the mental energy for calculating the votes tonight, I'll probably look at that tomorrow. Things constantly were moving between imgay, toal, and db though. I want to see who really put it over the edge (Hal laying down his vote on DB did it for me.)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

quote="Dick Bastardly" post="489553226"]
Kit was flip flopy on the fourth in a bad push (imo) and disappeared.

quote:

Some important DB quotes, IMO.

Especially the last one, where he deliberately didn't jump on the imgay vote, and instead focused on Kit.

Yeah, from looking things over post flip, I decided Kit and GGN are probably town(figured one would die last night possibly as a result, if they didn't go right for MMT).

Still thinking imgay is possibly scum, but haven't fully thought through the implications of the way the votes shifted around. But if so, Toal was the towny they were trying to sell as an alternate in all the shifting. Just doesn't make sense that scum would let DB happen like that when imgay was RIGHT THERE, unless he was also scum.

Other potential scum for me just based on thinking about the voting, Solus and Gulag.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, from looking things over post flip, I decided Kit and GGN are probably town(figured one would die last night possibly as a result, if they didn't go right for MMT).

Still thinking imgay is possibly scum, but haven't fully thought through the implications of the way the votes shifted around. But if so, Toal was the towny they were trying to sell as an alternate in all the shifting. Just doesn't make sense that scum would let DB happen like that when imgay was RIGHT THERE, unless he was also scum.

Other potential scum for me just based on thinking about the voting, Solus and Gulag.

Same, that's why I was confused when DB didn't go on the imgay vote.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I get the feeling scum felt like they had a good chance to sway that vote.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm conflicted.

Asf doing an early hammer is scummy af, as was the explanation.

But DB flipped scum so??

I'd like to see how ecco posts today. Maybe I can get a better read, but taste being the kill does play into ecco's meta.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Max posted:

DWI

Agree, I was surprised by that, and in a very meta sense suspect Ecco for that kill.

Hmm, possibly. I'd given her a bit of credit for voting DB when she did, as Toal and Imgay were still very possible and surely both weren't also scum. But I guess it coulda been a bus.

In Imgay's defense there, Imgay also went DB instead of Toal around that same time.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Yeah I'm devoid of energy as I don't feel well this morning, but my sense yesterday was that once Toal started moving people jumped back onto imgay. That felt scummy at the time, but post flip I don't know what to think now.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Getting two of scum team under the FOS day 1 is pretty unlikely/sucky for scum, but I still don't think all things considered he'd would be a bad lunch today. The three way tie d1 is unlikely in a situation where two of the names are town right? (and I know I'm town).

Of course night actions may change peoples opinions. Do you think votes that lingered on me or Imgay could be scummy?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Well, good job yesterday. I’m going to admit that I may have been hasty suggesting that the vote was only between Toalpaz and imgay. At the time, they were the players with the most votes and after my previous games, I didn’t really expect too much to happen nor a new person to come forward while I was asleep. Nice job in that regard MMT for proving me wrong and catching DB in the act.

I mostly focused on imgay over DB for similar reasons that I discussed with Max when he asked me about my opinion about Fisk yesterday. I have played with imgay and I had never played with DB. I was more willing to go after the devil I knew rather than the devil I didn’t know. In retrospect, that dogmatic chase after imgay because of circumstances of previous game may have made me overeager to lynch him without considering whether or not he was town. Granted, if no one turns up suspicious, I’d still happily lynch him due to his track record, but that’s only in the case where there is literally no one suspicious which I don’t think will happen.

So, I reread day 1, and while I’m not super confident in my reads cause I don’t think doing reads is necessarily my strong point, I wanted to give some general opinions about everyone and where my feelings lie on them. I thought I had more time, but the thread opened up so I only got up to doing reads for people who I feel are strongly town aligned. I’ll see if I can muster up the time and effort to do similar reads for neuts and scum.

Town:

MMT – I feel like this one is fairly obvious. She was the one pushing the hardest for the DB lynch even when everyone else was more focused on imgay and Toalpaz. She also has good posts that feel beneficial towards town and drive forward conversations about possible suspects.

ASF – While inactivity is always a bit of an issue with regards to ASF, I mostly think that he’s town due to the timing of DB’s fakeclaim in comparison with him bringing down the hammer. It seems far too convoluted to think that scum would coordinate ASF being in the bus with DB’s JOAT fakeclaim at pretty much the exact same time. Gonna go with Occam’s razor and assume he’s town.

KB – Since my last game with him was when he was playing scum, he has a different vibe to what he had in that game and seems to be trying to be beneficial towards town. He was also one of the people who mentioned being willing to vote DB at a point when he wasn’t considered a major lynch target and the second person to join MMT on the lynch train and stay there. This gives me enough reason to feel comfortable with his townness.
Max – There’s something about Max’s posts that I like. Normally, I’m not a fan of people who only post one line or a single sentence, but it feels like Max’s head is in the right place and that it’s logical. He tries to get people to expand on their thoughts and responds when people question the statements he makes. Though he was mostly focused on imgay yesterday, he did express sentiment in voting out DB before he became a major target for lynching and supported that MMT was town when people were suspicious of her. Max did put a vote on DB before jumping to Toal and then back to DB as well. Overall, I think he’s townie atm.

Ecco: I know this one is controversial, but I have reasons for believing that she’s town aligned. While her gimmick can be pretty annoying at times, but once you get past the interface shenanigans, I do feel like she is dispensing legitimate reads on the situation and I feel like her opinions being expressed are honest. Additionally, when the time came to be serious and vote, she dropped the interface and came in with the 4th vote for DB. Even if people don’t like how the content is presented, I think the content she is providing is coming from someone on our team.

Kitiara: Though she hasn’t posted a lot like ASF, I feel like the times she has contributed tend to lean townie with her backing up her opinions with her logic and the explanations seem genuine, but bit questionable i.e. the Max read of scum because “my heart yells SCUM”. I’m curious about how she seemed less hesitant to vote out DB even though he was trying to get her voted out for most of the day. A part of me wonders if they were just doing this because he wanted Kit to look innocent when they are actually working together, but I’m leaning more on the side of him trying to take advantage of Kit’s inactivity for an inoffensive lynch target.

Hambeet: I feel like Ham’s reads are in the right place. He’s another person that seems to be opening up discussions, not rushing to decisions and trying to get others to expand on their thoughts. I don’t really detect malicious intent from his posts and overall, I think he’s a swell guy

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm conflicted.

Asf doing an early hammer is scummy af, as was the explanation.

But DB flipped scum so??

I'd like to see how ecco posts today. Maybe I can get a better read, but taste being the kill does play into ecco's meta.

scum last minute hammering for cred wouldn't be unlikely. And ASF and DB made their posts at the same time/sycronized scum chat waiting around deadline...?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I may add GGN to the list, but I didn't have time to read her posts. Apologies for that :x.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

Of course night actions may change peoples opinions. Do you think votes that lingered on me or Imgay could be scummy?

Or sat on other candidates that were unlikely. It all happened very quickly, I don't know if they would have anticipated DB being lynched four hours before deadline.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
I'm very sad my night action failed. I finally get a good family friendly night action and it's rUINED!!!

King Burgundy posted:

I just reread Gulag and their posts fit the idea of scum hoping for toal to wind up getting killed.

People are posting while in typing this so I'm gonna just hit post.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

King Burgundy posted:

In Imgay's defense there, Imgay also went DB instead of Toal around that same time.

Actually that's very fair. It could have swung back onto me and might have saved db.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Toalpaz posted:

scum last minute hammering for cred wouldn't be unlikely. And ASF and DB made their posts at the same time/sycronized scum chat waiting around deadline...?

putting myself in scum shoes there i would have just stayed away from the vote and not rushed in like that. it was ~50 minutes out from deadline. i feel that looked more suspicious than any attempt at gaining townie cred.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

putting myself in scum shoes there i would have just stayed away from the vote and not rushed in like that. it was ~50 minutes out from deadline. i feel that looked more suspicious than any attempt at gaining townie cred.

I have similar thoughts to this. Plus the fact that the fakeclaim and hammer vote were made at the exact same time. I feel like it's highly unlikely that mafia chat was THAT coordinated to make ASF get townie cred.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

One more vote I thought was weird before I go do other things was Hal. Again, seems odd since there were other choices there, but if scum decided to bite the bullet there, maybe he went all in for the bus. Let me show you why I thought it was unusual:

That was his response after MMT's reiteration of her case. I read that as Hal thinking DB wasn't scummy, and it was normal for him. But after a few minutes, a post from Ecco reaffirming she thought DB was the scummiest of the options and Imgay going for an added vote on DB:

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote db wheeeeeeeeee

Again, seems a bit odd unless scum had decided to sacrifice DB at that point, since DB wasn't a sure thing yet, but I'm having a hard time seeing his reasoning there regardless.

• Locked thread