Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Sign me up. Not like I’m in enough games already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My character goes by he/him/himself and is a human with cybernetic implants. Think like runners from netrunner.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Hello people/technology/everything in between. Are you ready to be punk of cybers?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What are your favorite cyberpunk stories?

Admittedly, it's a genre I've not read much of, and since the technological dystopia of the future is going to be grim dark and not neon infused I've not delved much into it beyond hopeful, awe-struck interest in video and roleplaying games which portray it as such.

I don’t know many stories, but I really loved the Android Netrunbwr boardgames. The flavour behind the world was super cool and the designs of cards were awesome. Highly recommend.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

My friend argues ready player one is cyberpunk. discuss.

That statement is wrong. End of discussion.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

imgay posted:

It's wired how Jimmy and monathin have the same avatar.

:comfysamus:

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I hope GeneX is ok...

hambeet posted:

Lucky I didn't start bad mouthing aa. That would have been totes awks

Also this is a mood.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Why?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

got some chores tonight posted:

day 1 arguments are always based on inane nonsense or meta cases and scum mmt hates posting especially d1 her first post was a generic excuse post and then shes going to be working tonight and use that as her excuse tomorrow if she were town she always makes snippy jokes and im on my phone but if she hasnt done that shes scum

I don’t know meta enough to know if this MMT read is legitimate. If she doesn’t post by the time I go to bed, I’ll be happy to vote for her cause I still get nightmares from inactivity in Buffy Mafia.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Monathin posted:

As a reminder, you need 10 substantial posts, as decreed by me, before the end of the game day, or you will be put ON NOTICE going forward!

Gulag and ASF, being replacements, will not be subject to this rule today, but will be going forward.

Enjoy the game!

I’m guessing pure emotes don’t count as substantial votes? If so, I’m a bit screwed.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m all in favour for lynching lurkers btw. It’s day 1 so we don’t have much else to go off.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

A Sometimes Food posted:

Second thought on reading the thread. imgay is probably scum. They flat out said they aren't keeping it 100 this time. Admitting that poo poo is absolutely what imgay would do.

Also side eying Jimmy floating a lurker lynch. This is a surprisingly active day 1.

It is an active day 1, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t lurkers. In fact, it can be argued that those who aren’t being active day 1 can be seen as more suspicious with the amount of conversation that has happened atm. I’m going to admit I come from a place of bias where I still remember my first game with Buffy Mafia. I don’t want that to happen again.

Toalpaz posted:

5 scum out of 18 players isn't that unlikely, even if one is SK

I agree with this. Balance wise, with the size of this game, I think this is a safe assumption to make and trying to find suspicions based off this alone is stretching it.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

King Burgundy posted:

So be specific. Who would you cuddle for lurking at this point?

At the time, it was for MMT cause they hadn’t posted in the thread at all. Now that they have, everyone has seemed to maintain some level of activity. I’m leaning towards imgay cause even if they are Town, their contributions haven’t been useful in the past and his activity and content has been less than stellar.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Murmur Twin posted:

Not a fan of this. What's the logic in saving your vote?

I’m in a similar sort of mind. Quick votes, in my history, tend to be really bad for Town and I want to hear the other side before we get lynch crazy. Plus having more things to pull from is always good. Don’t want one person fully controlling the narrative.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

jimmydalad posted:

I’m in a similar sort of mind. Quick votes, in my history, tend to be really bad for Town and I want to hear the other side before we get lynch crazy. Plus having more things to pull from is always good. Don’t want one person fully controlling the narrative.

I’m in a similar sort of mind with Dick. Mafia edit.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Dunno how I feel about people insunuating that he did declare it, but I’m happy to ##vote imgay cause day 1 always feel like a crapshoot where nothing substantial really comes out and probably is the best time to deal with lurkers or content lurkers.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Max posted:

Not a fan of this vote.

Care to expand on this? I’d be happy to address any of your concerns.

GulagDolls posted:

he's not even lurking

I feel like imgay really doesn’t contribute much to town discussion and mostly shitposts or jumps on bandwagons more than anything. Maybe I’m being too strong on this based on the previous game I played with him, but I just feel like keeping him around for the long run isn’t going to be good for town.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Max posted:

Content lurking maybe but the "I'm not happy with how people are coming to the conclusion that he's scum but may as well vote for him" is a bad take.

I guess more for me it’s that I found him suspicious/detrimental to town anyways, but I don’t know where the insinuation that he declared himself as not town came from like ASF said when they made their post.

imgay posted:

I'm going to stay away from my keeping it 100 meta this game and try to perform to the best of my abilities, this means I will not reference keeping it 100. Now as a disclaimer I'm not saything this because I rolled scum or anything, but because it would be better for me as a player to not confirm myself as town every game because I'm town every game. In fact I don't even remember how to play as scum. Getting to the point:

GGN don't be so paranoid about AA's shitposting, 's good 2 be king

Im guessing it’s from this? I dunno, I feel like I’m doubting myself now since I’m still jilted from his gameplay from Buffy Mafia and I wonder if I’m being too harsh in that regard. No one else is jumping out to me as immediate scum though.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Max posted:

Though if that's your reasoning, how do you feel about Fisk?

I am not familiar with Fisk. I’ve never played a game with them, so I don’t know what his game is like. I’m pretty new here, this is like my 4th game or something? The only two games I’ve completed are Buffy Mafia and Grad School Mafia. I’m going with the devil I know rather than the one I don’t. If Fisk is content lurking and shitposting and there’s no other viable lynch targets, I’d happily lynch them.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Hal Incandenza posted:

Yeah that's true. Jimmy's posts while I was writing that up were decent too, I'd be mad if I was town in Buffy. I'm good with Jimmy.

Watching Buffy Mafia endgame as a townie was viscerally painful. I’d rather lose with a fight than die with a whimper.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

GenericGirlName posted:

I almost wanted to go and read Buffy Mafia but it sounds like hell

Long story short: Town was strong early mostly due to Ecco being like a mafia whiz and managed to lynch 2 mafia and the SK in 3 of the 5 days. Then Ecco died and the game went inactive with mafia killing active players to the point where endgame was pretty much only AA and Sal talking to each other pretending to be town and then voting for someone with the other players jumping on.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Early game was fun with Ecco traitor gambit then my Kokusho’s gambit and then CPig gambit. Then the game died a slow, excruciating death.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

GenericGirlName posted:

The world's worst ending to a good book, dang.

I will not like that this game has burned me and is influencing my opinion. I liked the game, but man.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

jimmydalad posted:

I will not like that this game has burned me and is influencing my opinion. I liked the game, but man.

I will not lie. Mafia edit again.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I mean, I don’t really have much else to contribute atm.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

What do you think of eccos posting?

Do you think it's a distraction?

What about those posters who are keenly engaging with ecco?

I mean, it’s day 1, so while it is pretty distracting, a part of me chalks it up to day 1 shenanigans. It is intimidating to deal with especially with how quickly people are inputting things. Also, I don’t know how it’s going to eventually result in a read. Am I missing something with the coding or is it a waste of time? If it’s a waste of time, I’m leaning more towards scummy but it’s day 1 and I have a feeling Ecco would be a really good town player once this phase is over.

If she keeps it up on day 2 I’d be very tempted to vote for her though.

Not sure how to feel about the posters engaging. Toalpaz made me raise an eyebrow with he they got Ecco looping and just filling the page, but I’m hesitant to use day 1 shenanigans as full evidence. Then again, we don’t really have much to go off :/

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

We only have like 5 hours left and I’m probably gonna sleep in 2. Is there any idea on who we’re lybxhing tonight or should I just leave my vote on imgay and hope for something magical to happen?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I’m not gonna lie, trying to keep up with the thread on my phone while tired isn’t easy so it’s a bit hard for me to make hard reads on anyone. Where did the chores vote come from though? It feels like it just suddenly appeared.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Max posted:

He unironically used “snowflake”

That earns a cringe from me. Though defamation of character isn’t necessarily enough for me to shift my vote over.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

Jonathan Fisk posted:

For every person that votes imgay today, I will haunt you until you die

If you doubt either my capacity or sincerity, consider my posting record

I dunno whether this is super town or super scum or if this is some gambit in trying to see if people who go off the vote are scum trying to save their own hides. It’s a bit intense though and I’m not sure I vibe with that energy.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

So either way the thread is doomed to shitposting? Is this like ironic hell?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

GulagDolls posted:

let's no lynch so we can do this again tomorrow

This sounds like a horrible idea.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

both ecco and ggn are better votes with more foundation than an imgay one

I can understand the Ecco thing because they have been a big presence that is convoluted, but I think I missed the GGN thing? How are they suspicious? I’m giving benefit of the doubt to Ecco as in the past they have proven to be a really good townie, but what’s the case on GGN?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

btw i would like to request that rebecco be considered for being placed on notice tonight for failing to make ten substantial posts today

I mean some of her posts do have reads. The number of posts I’m not sure cause the thought of diving through her post history at 11pm sounds less than stellar.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

the case is ggn's response to aa's good girl thing was just confected emoting. i think chores is taking that line too.

others are saying it's not really a game thing and therefore a neutral read based on that alone.

I’m inclined to believe the latter.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

code:
> Main Menu
>> 2. Submit user: Hambeet
>> . 
>> Processing...
>> ...
>> ...
>> ...
>> Done.
>> Town, 26% confidence
>> Scum, 16% confidence
>> Lots of posts, mostly filler but more posting is better than less
>> Tone isn't coming off as insincere and contributing to conversations and cases more often than not
>> Australian, confusing.

1. Modify search
2. Main Menu
:ins:

2 jimmydalad

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

I can’t help myself. I’m morbidly curious.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

hambeet posted:

kitiara has forgotten to post in this thread today.
mmt allegedly is doing that thing they do when they're scum
db is dicking around
cpig is allegedly catching up
solus i tried engaging with earlier and they did kind of pick up, but i feel they're skirting around the edges of engagement.
ecco it started off funny, it's still slightly interesting but if it continues tomorrow that'll be raising flags. it generated content and because of that i'm actually more interested in the people who wanted to keep engaging ecco.
just under a third of toalpaz's posts are just engaging with ecco.

would swing to toalpaz. happy with imgay still though. curious what others think on solus

I’m giving Kit benefit of the doubt cause I know her life is generally super busy. She normally tends to have issues with activity expect on certain times.

I’ve been surprised by lack of CPig activity, but he did make the post on busy weekend so I’m giving him a pass. I feel like I’ve barely seen DB in thread. It’s been hard for me to read since I’m tired and there’s a lot of menu navigation. Solus doesn’t seem as active as they usually are, though his activity normally gets him killed so I wonder if they’re posting less to try and be more Town/less likely to die

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

i would not be surprised if ggn's reaction to aa is 100% sincere. i also dont think it matters in a mafia sense in any way

if our game is going to have an undertone of "well certain posters (me, jfisk, aa) have posted problematically and we cannot stand for problematic posting in the mafia game" then we arent actually playing mafia because now theres an aspect of id politics in the game

and given that i assume literally everyone in this game identifies with a leftist point of view at some degree (minus robecco) i dont think its going to be contribute to the game in anyway

im sorry that saying s n o w f l a k e and following it with a handout joke triggered so many people in this game who are very sensitive to certain bad words being typed (e.g. kek, good girl, snowflake, handout). i didnt actually expect such a visceral response but it probably shouldnt have been too surprising

i dont think it contributes to scumhunting in any way (other than the :twisted: way jfisk employs it) and im ok with moving on from it but i somehow have suspicions it actually will

I feel it’s more like trying to attribute GGN’s reaction to her playing up being scum instead of her being not comfortable by the roleplay is a bit unfair and while we are playing a game, we do need to be considerate of the fact we’re playing with other people who are human.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

EccoRaven posted:

code:
> Main Menu
>> 2. Submit user: jimmydalad
>> . 
>> Processing...
>> ...
>> ...
>> ...
>> Done.
>> Town, 17% confidence
>> Scum, 33% confidence
>> Dislike the recurring "I don't disagree that X is scummy, but I won't vote now, but if TIME happens, I'll happily lynch them."
>> But you did that a lot in Buffy too and so I think it's just how you hedge on your reads
>> English, confusing.

1. Modify search
2. Main Menu
:ins:

2 jfisk

• Locked thread