Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
okay i do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Our pronouns are us/we/them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I am hacker man

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Hi it's been a busy weekend.

Did anything important happen yet?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

How about now?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Be the something happening you want to see.

:effort:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
So uhh, I'm finally back home after a long weekend and I can read and stuff. What page does the not in jokephase anymore start?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

Feeling bad about : imgay, cpig

Yeah, sorry this game literally opened at the worst possible time and I opted to spend time with my sister who I get to see once or twice a year and then had to take my girlfriend to the hospital.

Anyway, I just read (well skimmed because too many missed posts) and my hot take is:

1. For so many posts nothing is really happening.

2. chores made tasteless joke. This is not an indication of alignment so why are there votes?

3. I'll vote imgay to avoid a no lynch but would prefer something more substantial.

4. Ecco computer thing is dumb and bad so I would also vote ecco because they are being very unhelpful. (I refuse to engage with this computer nonsense)

5. Nothing else stands out at all to me.

Typical day 1 poo poo.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

I was unaware of that and am sorry.

How dare you not have psychic powers!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SolusLunes posted:

I mean I still want Toalpaz lunched as an Actual Mafia Vote but I want chores out because this game will be insufferable so long as he's allowed to post

I don't want to vote imgay just for his 'I'm not going to do my keeping it 100' gimmick, because that's the sort of thing that I always seem to get lynched for myself

All that said, it's D1, I'll dump my vote on literally anyone but myself if they get traction

What's the deal with toal? Did I miss a case?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

What, in your mind, has imgay contributed to this game that makes you feel he is worth keeping?

I mean, nothing in particular, but there isn't anything that makes me say "Oh he's totally scum!"

I feel bad because imgay is frequently the target of early votes because of his posting style and demeanor and is a particularly easy target for scum to get lynched early, but they also benefit from bringing him to the endgame because the phrase "Don't let imgay near the endgame" exists for a reason.

So in short, it's a big fat null tell, and since there really hasn't been anything more substantial I'm okay with voting him but it isn't necessarily my favorite choice.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

okay but why?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

SolusLunes posted:

No. But I can hope I'm wrong.

hmmm, I mean it's as good as any d1 case.

Also would vote I suppose.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

oh, i figured there was something not bad

Everything is bad.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

I feel like Dick's just throwing his vote wherever is convenient.

as dicks tend to do.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

LOL there is none. I could do Jimmy. He called my joke interactions with ecco scummy and that's fake scum hunting if I've seen it.

yeah honestly after closer inspection I am not loving this toal thing either.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

---

LOL there is none. I could do Jimmy. He called my joke interactions with ecco scummy and that's fake scum hunting if I've seen it.

OK actually I'd vote Toal as well, I don't really see a consistent point of view here. They say Hal is scummy, the vote chores, then say "I'd vote Jimmy" without really making a case.

This is actually a much better reason to vote toal.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

##vote toalpaz

what is this poo poo come on.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

:regd13: ionteresting...interesting...are you saying that you...know toalpaz is town https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFr74zI1LBM :dukedoge: ?

this is a good post by known hilarious poster gulagdolls.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

I'm reading through again MMT, I think Imgay flat out saying that he wont be keeping it 100% is scum claiming. Other then that I honestly think chores was trying to incite rage and sloppy posting for the purpose of finding a lunch that isn't him. I don't know why my average posting is considered scummy still, a lot of the 'scummyness' I had was from an interaction from Hal that was pretty normal and Solus and Jimmy repetitively calling me scummy for not jumping to answer silly questions that can be construed either way. Furthermore even though kit and Cpig are given a pass for low posts during the weekend, my interactions with ecco are considered bad despite continuing to be a presence in the thread.

Jonathan Fisk posted:

buddy, it's because town is bad

tbh I don't know on the toal thing. I keep trying to reread and it really just isn't leaping out at me.

I am going to be the change I want to see and ##vote ecco. I dislike this computer nonsense and I think it is an easy thing to hide behind a gimmick like that as scum and something I totally think ecco would do to look like they are participating without actually participating.

I can see it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

King Burgundy posted:

Explain the self vote.

I think I have seen toal do this before as town. they get frustrated easily when votes pile on them.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

hambeet posted:

or we could let them explain

pfff WHATEVER HAMBEET

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

ah, another person who just wants to force a no lynch as a way to punish other players.

I never said I wouldn't switch to another player to avoid a no lynch. We have a couple hours and I am going to be here the whole time.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

What do people think about DB? I feel like I'm shouting into a void there and no one's listening.

my feelings on Dick Bastardly are as follows: :shrug:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

The shrug

Only scummy if used to defend one's own actions.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Murmur Twin posted:

Because the amount of people focused on imgay while ignoring DB tells me that the latter is more likely to have scumbros helping him out.

I don't think either of them is a good vote.

I think we should really take a look at ecco's computer gimmick.

it is really bad.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Everyone tell me why you don't think ecco's computer gimmick isn't scummy.

It is literally adding nothing while making it seem like something is being added.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

Im inclined to agree with ya.

so do it.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

Ecco told me she would do it when she signed up. I’m hoping she drops it but she also did the mojojojo thing in smash mafia so signs point to she probably won’t. Do you have a problem with the opinions she’s expressing though?

Please show me a real opinion that ecco has expressed with this computer thing. I'll wait.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

No because it’s readily available and I’m currently hanging in the couch downstairs. You can hit the question mark and look at her votes and read her opinions on players people asked about.

You mean the superficial non opinions?

No i meant actual opinions.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Max posted:

How are her opinions non opinions?

Did you actually read them?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
It's literally just random arbitrary percentages that don't actually mean anything.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

GulagDolls posted:

do you think scum are more likely to run in shadows or dwell in light

If it's ecco? dwell in the light.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Lol fine you know what ##vote db

Ya'll gonna feel dumb when ecco finally flips scum.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

A Sometimes Food posted:

##vote Dick bastardly

To prevent a no cuddle.

:stare:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Woke up saw we were 15 mins to deadline with a clear vote leader. No regrets.

Actually, it was still over 30 minutes.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

A Sometimes Food posted:

Ah. My bad.

I still doubt we'd swing away from 9 votes.

yes yes of course. That's a very townie mindset.

(that is sarcasm.)

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I'm conflicted.

Asf doing an early hammer is scummy af, as was the explanation.

But DB flipped scum so??

I'd like to see how ecco posts today. Maybe I can get a better read, but taste being the kill does play into ecco's meta.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

hambeet posted:

putting myself in scum shoes there i would have just stayed away from the vote and not rushed in like that. it was ~50 minutes out from deadline. i feel that looked more suspicious than any attempt at gaining townie cred.

Wasn't it a little over 30 minutes from deadline?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Toalpaz posted:

I think this set of posts is interesting.

yeah this is nothing.

• Locked thread