Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner

Elendil004 posted:

I will admit I saw the tattoos and just assumed celtic/scottish woad style warrior and to that end he was one of the last guys I identified.

Oh god this threw me off for almost the entire game too.

My last two were the purser and the surgeon's mate - I was sure I'd identified them once I started going through the sketches properly and I was completely convinced by
* the purser standing behind the surgeon in the picture
* the surgeon's mate dancing with passengers

Also spent most of the game thinking the gunner's assistant was the purser, and then the gunner. Eventually got it by peering through the hole right at the end of the carpenter's walk - they're the ones getting weapons out while everything goes to hell.

Meanwhile I got the Chinese topmen early by accident because I was filling in people's names as placeholders for 'is in this set' to get them crossed out in the list.

The Africa bit and noting Evans in the crew log made me feel like a genius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Not sure if this has been posted already, but the dev log at https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=40832.0 is a fascinating read for this game with lots of snapshots from mid-development.

There's a hell of a lot of work that's gone into the graphics style for this that I didn't really notice while playing.

xiw fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jan 17, 2019

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

https://twitter.com/dukope/status/1317635107432267776?s=19