Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

For what it's worth, I think that the only person I identified based on "hey, they're unblurred, I guess I should infer it now" was the sailor from New Zealand. To me the blur didn't seem like something I'd use as an actual clue for identification because my expectation was that it was supposed to be an indicator of "technically you now have the bare minimum of info to make this inference" and I knew I wouldn't be able to do that. The way it seemed to me & as others have stated, the game partially expects you to see what it has to offer before starting with the identifying; you can return to any previously-seen info later on and the book even tells you in which memories particular crewmembers appear (although admittedly several are just kinda doing their work in multiple scenes.) And if you follow this logic, most if not all faces will be unblurry by the time you actually start the identifying game proper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

After watching some Let's Plays I was really happy that I fairly quickly correctly guessed who's Maba. All in all though I really really regret assuming that brute-forcing is a valid strategy and not forcing myself to spend more time not doing that; you can only experience the game once and while I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to get all the names right, being more restrained with guesses would've made the whole experience last longer and be more memorable. :(

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

tokenbrownguy posted:

Just picked this up. Got a couple hours in and -- spoilers for just after the first bit of medical stuff slash the Soldier's chapter:

The loving Squid was awesome in the classical sense of the word, but I just found the guy in the cubby space outside the ?orlop deck? at the start of the Soldier's Chapter. I'm all, "what's this dude spying on, oh huh someone had boarded, or maybe it was the mutineers, let's just take a look-WHAT THE CHRIST."

The game has a couple of those kinds of moments and I really wish I could experience them again :allears:

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

tokenbrownguy posted:

Hah, speaking of, I was wrong:

THE BELLS. Also gently caress this cursed ship. Poor bastards.

Are you currently still on your first playthrough?