Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Time works the same way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Imagine four balls on the edge of a cliff. Say a direct copy of the ball nearest the cliff is sent to the back of the line of balls and takes the place of the first ball. The formerly first ball becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth falls off the cliff.

Time works the same way.

This.

It's this.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
said the master, "one cannot bust, without krust"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

"Buddha preached for forty-nine years, but his tongue never moved," the master Gensha said: "Pious teachers say that Buddhism helps us in every possible way, but think: how can it help the blind, the deaf, or the dumb? The blind cannot see the teacher's staff that is raised before them. The deaf cannot hear the teacher's words, no matter how wise. The dumb cannot ask their questions or speak their understanding. So since we cannot help these people, how can we say Buddhism helps in every possible way? What good is it?"

Many years later a monk asked the master Ummon to explain these words of Gensha. After making the questioner prostrate himself and then rise, Ummon swiped at him with his staff. The monk jumped back.

"Ah-ha!" said Ummon, "I see you are not blind!" Then he told the monk to come forward, which he did.

"Ah-ha!" said Ummon, "I see you are not deaf!" Then he asked the monk if he understood what all this to-do was about. The monk said he did not.

"It means call the police on Granos," said Ummon.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
goddamnit.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

My butt itches.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

Devils Affricate posted:

The man who does not post for fear of probation, has already banned himself

That sounds more like a Something Awful Confucius quote than a something awful koan. IIRC, koans are all about the non-duality of subject and object in general and about the non-duality of the koan and the person trying to "crack" the koan in particular. I could be misremembering though.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

The Dennis System posted:

That sounds more like a Something Awful Confucius quote than a something awful koan. IIRC, koans are all about the non-duality of subject and object in general and about the non-duality of the koan and the person trying to "crack" the koan in particular. I could be misremembering though.

I wish one of these koans would jerk me already

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
If you see the Buddha on the road and he asks you if you have stairs in your house, kill the Buddha.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

A student once asked the master niggerstomper58 how was he able to gain such deep understanding of FYAD.

"I have prodromal schizophrenia", said the master.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
"Master," the young novice said, "your posting is so wise and powerful. How may I train myself so as to become as strong as you?"

The master open-palm slapped the novice on the head and spake "every day as soon as you rise, you must imagine, deep in your mind, an image of the living Buddha, as detailed and lifelike as you know him to be from your years of study. Follow along with this living apparition of the Enlightened One, mimicking his sublime movements, making whooshing noises as he frees himself from desire, even if you mess up the words of the sutras in your heart. Not many can say they have walked the eight-fold path. I can. I speak thus, even unto the other monks in this sangha and all they do is prove yet how far even our esteemed bhikkus have to walk upon this road. I've leaned all the sutras and I've learned true compassion by shouting them all. Two hours including meditation every mornING."

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Devils Affricate posted:

Fear not the goon who has made 10,000 posts once, but the goon who has made one post 10,000 times

I’m gay

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Devils Affricate posted:

Legit wisdom

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

A father and a son were walking along a busy street when they passed a temple and noticed Zen Master Unmon prostrate on the ground, deep in prayer. The son asked his father what the master might be doing. "He is praying to his moon god", his father replied.

Annoyed, the master rose and asked, "Moon god?"

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

One day as Manjusri stood outside the thread, the Buddha called to him, “Manjusri, Manjusri, why do you not post?”
Manjusri replied, “I do not see myself as lurking. Why post?”

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Lust for gold leads to folly.

:(

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Grevling posted:

One day as Manjusri stood outside the thread, the Buddha called to him, “Manjusri, Manjusri, why do you not post?”
Manjusri replied, “I do not see myself as lurking. Why post?”

This is good. :downs:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

The Piss Tape is Real

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

spinderella posted:

Lust for gold leads to folly.

:(

Never allow doubt to tarnish your lust for latinum

Ssthalar
Sep 16, 2007

Murray Mantoinette posted:

"Master," the young novice said, "your posting is so wise and powerful. How may I train myself so as to become as strong as you?"

The master open-palm slapped the novice on the head and spake "every day as soon as you rise, you must imagine, deep in your mind, an image of the living Buddha, as detailed and lifelike as you know him to be from your years of study. Follow along with this living apparition of the Enlightened One, mimicking his sublime movements, making whooshing noises as he frees himself from desire, even if you mess up the words of the sutras in your heart. Not many can say they have walked the eight-fold path. I can. I speak thus, even unto the other monks in this sangha and all they do is prove yet how far even our esteemed bhikkus have to walk upon this road. I've leaned all the sutras and I've learned true compassion by shouting them all. Two hours including meditation every mornING."

I love this.

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018
He who turns on his monitor, loses himself.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Stark Fist posted:

The novice monk remarked, "The circus is in town,"
and his master mused, "Is it?"

This works on every level and I applaud it.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
an acolyte went to a monk carrying two mangosteens as an offering to Buddha

the monk said, i must make sure these fruits are worthy of sacrifice, so he ate them both.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
If you meet the OP, kill him.

Doobie and Tasha, from Reform Alabama, had a hot dog bunker. Their venthood was causing problems but Doobie cooked them dogs still for all and sundry (no gays though). Tasha happened to look on Facebook one day and was greatly perplexed. Seeing a one star review she asked the user why she only gave them 1 star. When the former customer replied, Tasha asked: "How come you only gave one star?"

"This is natural," explained customer. "Everything was cold."

Tasha, using enlightened thinking, added: "Coleslaw is cold lol, u are banned from our restaurant. U complain everywhere u go...."

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Murray Mantoinette posted:

more like a lmboan

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling.

Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection.

"Come on, girl" said Tanzan at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud.

Ekido did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We goons don't go near females," he told Tanzan, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"

"I left the girl there," said Tanzan. "Are you still carrying her printer?"

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

*Keanu Reeves voice* woah

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
If my father should prefer the company of men, who shall take exception?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you should meat the krust in the street, bust him

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

(reposted from this thread)

A young traveler consulted with an old master. "What is the secret to everlasting happiness?"

The master responded, "Go to the summit of the mountain. Retrieve what you find and bring it here, and you will have your answer."

The young traveler spent the next three days scaling the mountain. Athletic and worldly as he was, by the time he reached the top he felt almost completely drained of his energy. All he found at the summit was a simple hut, and inside, a small black wooden box sealed with a lock. Another three days later, he made it back to the old master. The master removed the lock with a key hanging on a string around his neck. Inside lay two really fat blunts.

The old master took one and lit it, and gestured to the young traveler. "Help yourself my dude." The traveler replied, "Lmao," and was enlightened.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A frustrated student, weary of study and losing the path approached his master and and stated "I don't give a hot gay gently caress WHAT Congress wants! Legalize weed, dude!!!"
Several moments of silence passed until the master smiled at his student and responded: "I'm gay"

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
An empty quote is made by an empty head.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
As I labored at my hotdog stand the master approached and said "Make me one with everything."

I did.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood
Is he truly a shitposter, if he has not built within himself an illegal party toilet?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A cup overflowing can't be filled, so must the individual empty himself to grasp gold. Rings optional.

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
If a man makes a single post about the greatness of his condo, then we should believe him. So when a man makes dozens more posts about his condo, it is not us who he tries to convince.

Centrist Dad fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 23, 2018

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The acolytes found the master meditating one morning and gathered around him, waiting patiently for him to speak. At long last, he did so.

"What is the sound of 'Qqqq Qqqqqqq'?"

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
How does one mine fish?

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

McGavin posted:

Tanzan and Ekido were once traveling together down a muddy road. A heavy rain was still falling.

Coming around a bend, they met a lovely girl in a silk kimono and sash, unable to cross the intersection.

"Come on, girl" said Tanzan at once. Lifting her in his arms, he carried her over the mud.

Ekido did not speak again until that night when they reached a lodging temple. Then he no longer could restrain himself. "We goons don't go near females," he told Tanzan, "especially not young and lovely ones. It is dangerous. Why did you do that?"

"I left the girl there," said Tanzan. "Are you still carrying her printer?"

Haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
if op is gay, but im gay, does that not make us all, the op