Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Sprinkles
Aug 16, 2008

Do you work from home, or do you live at your work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

The master asked, "is it better to build a house like grover, or to code forums like radium?"

A student replied, "The forums, because a house, once built, cannot be easily altered."

The master could not answer because someone had changed the copyright date.

goldmine

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tanzan wrote sixty postal cards on the last day of his life, and asked an attendant to mail them. Then he died. The cards read:

quote:

Subject:I'm dying

and i jjust think. I think I might actually be having a nervous break down and its just not healthy for me to be here right now. As i type this right now a serious knife wound to my throat from trying to kill myself just now that is bbleeding really badly now and i ma getting a ride to the hossptiial, but i thoug ht i towuldnt post this ssince im gith tdie. ill probably live tbut this is the last time i will be posting hherr tisince its just not healthy.

i jsut wanted to bbe a Buddha.

Tanzan. July 27, 1892.

Pantsless Hero
May 25, 2004

Serv-Bot will kick your ass.
A GameCube in the hand is worth nine fingats in the hospital.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Captain Splendid posted:

If my father should prefer the company of men, who shall take exception?

thomawesome
Jul 19, 2009
What is the Buddha?

Keyboard goop.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nomodsnomaste

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

A man was browsing the forums while standing outside. Another man walked by him, and by chance, happened to be a moderator on the forum. The moderator asked the man why he didn’t post. The man answered, “Because I cannot afford an account.”

The moderator then bought him an account with a platinum upgrade. As the man was about to use the account to post, the moderator banned him. The man had a sudden realization, and bowed.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

if a goon posts a banme is he truly banned?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

A student appeared to the master, "Master, I have a wonderful new project! I shall remodel my entire bathroom from scratch!" The master replied, "Let us see what you have done so far."

After the student showed the master some of his progress, the master began to question, "Why have you cut the tops of the beams underneath?" The student responded with a smile on his face, "The beams needed to be lowered so the bathtub would not be so high as to be difficult to step in or out of." The master sighed, "These are specifically designed to withstand weight properly. Cutting the tops off makes them ineffective."

The master then asked, "Why do you wish to surround the bath with a moat of pebbles?" The student beamed, "This is to add an ecological atmosphere while bathing." The master sighed again, "I do not think anyone will be willing to clean the pebbles to remove the mold that will surely grow."

Finally, the master said, "You are no craftsman, nor are you a designer. Why have you irreparably destroyed something to build an ill-conceived lavatory?" The student defended himself, "For women. It is true that I am single and unmarried, however I believe that when this is complete, any woman will immediately offer great sums of money to possess my dwelling. After all, it is the woman that undertakes such decisions in a marriage."

The master then revealed herself. "Look at me, for I am a woman, as are many other students here! Not a single one has stood at your side convinced!"

The student protested, but eventually faded away.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

One day a member of the forums was toiling along with his peers.
He was asked "what is the nature of your labor?" And immediately released his bowels.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A monk asked Ummon, "What is the kind of talk that transcends Buddhas and Patriarchs?"

Ummon replied: "Rice cake!

FYAD BITHC :twisted:"

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

A student lay before the master, peaceful in his long sleep.

The master, torch in hand, shook him by the shoulder. But the student did not wake. The master again shook the sleeping student. And again the student did not wake. The master’s head shook slowly and he whispered, “if only you would but sip from my cup of soul expanding tea. So many truths it could show you.”

The master gave the sleeping student one last shake before moving on in disappointment. But the student did not wake, for the student was but a skeleton.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
"'I'm not owned! I'm not owned!,' I continue to insist as I slowly shrink and transform into a lotus flower."

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Skullmund, Something Sensitive, and Kiwifarms are different shimmers of the same foul blade of bad posting.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Devils Affricate posted:

The man who does not post for fear of probation, has already banned himself

Wow. Nice.

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
He who mewls while leaving the room on all fours at once becomes the pussy yet shall never attain it.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Bit koan

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I had no idea what a koan was until today. At least the formal name for it. It’s Japanese

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

"When did you become a goon?" the master asked his acolyte.

"February 11, 2002," he replied.

"And when did you join the forums?" the master asked him.

The acolyte understood, and went away enlightened.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
What is it that both is, and is not, a Common Brushtail Possum

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

If you light a man a fire, he will be warm for a day.

If you teach a man to light a fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life.

If you light a car on fire, holy poo poo, piss.

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry

Lmao

Murray Mantoinette
Jun 11, 2005

THE  POSTS  MUST  FLOW
Clapping Larry
e: Doublepost

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Which weighs the heavier on a man's heart, his envy to possess another's conveyance, or the 400 lbs of concrete to which the conveyance is tied

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Burt Sexual posted:

I had no idea what a koan was until today. At least the formal name for it. It’s Japanese

No it's a type of question or narrative posed to make you introspective.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Two Zen teachers, Soundmonkey and A Star War Betamax, were invited to visit a lord. Upon arriving, Soundmonkey said to the lord: "You have an in with truckers and are smarter than we have given you credit for."

"Nonsense," said ASWBM. "Why do you flatter this blockhead? He may be a lord, but he doesn't know anything of hot dogs"

So, instead of building a hot dog cart for Soundmonkey, the lord built a bunker with a vent hood for ASWBM and sucked the chili right outta that hole with him.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A novice poster, realizing a senior goon deserved it, aspired only to give him the best posts.
When the senior goon realized that he was being given better posts he immediately asked for a probation.
The novice stopped posting in solidarity, and sent him many PMs asking him to return, but he received no answer.
Finally a week had passed, and the novice sent a final message. "Goon sire, you may not want to, but I need to poo poo post"

At that moment the probation was lifted and the goon returned. "Lol" he messaged the novice "that is the lesson. when your reg date is as old as mine, remember to still poo poo post with the worst of them."

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There is a gif on the frontpage

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Remove shitposts with the beecock

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
Master, how do I clean the land of no sunshine??

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Very carefully, the master replied.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Epitope posted:

There is a gif on the frontpage

How heavy is the front page? It is the weight of a butterfly. How bright does it shine? As bright as the sun at night.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

The master had been visited by representatives of the local warlord. After careful discussion, he then turned towards a group of students, and promptly banished them.

After asking why they had been banished, the master replied, "Congratulations! The Secret Service has issued a subpoena to Something Awful LLC regarding your post! You are one of the forum's most stupid individuals ever!"

Sitting Here
Dec 31, 2007
he who would own others, first should own himself

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Qqqqqq qqq qqqqqq q qqqq qqqqqqq.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Sekenr posted:

A student once asked the master niggerstomper58 how was he able to gain such deep understanding of FYAD.

"I have prodromal schizophrenia", said the master.

Amen.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

a poster hangs by his fingertips from a clifftop. Above, a hungry tiger prowls, below are jagged rocks. Quickly! :justpost:!

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
he who buys the most accounts, spends the least money

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
You can bring a girl a printer but you can't make her gently caress you.